• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the story behind Juve's rise from mediocrity?
1. New chairman Andrea Agnelli is the 'heir' to the family that has traditionally been behind Juve's success.
2. New manager Antonio Conte was Juventus captain during much of their success in the late 90s and early 00s.
3. This season Juventus became the first team in Italy to build and own their own stadium.
4. Overhaul of backroom staff, including physiotherapy department, together with Conte's intense training, meant Juventus didn't suffer the injuries they did in previous seasons.
5. Marotta bought well on the transfer market, bringing in, e.g., Vidal and Barzagli relatively cheaply and Pirlo for free.
6. Arturo Vidal and a battling midfield.
7. Andrea Barzagli and an impregnable defence.
8. Andrea Pirlo pulling the strings as we racked up the third best possession in Europe.
9. A remarkable team spirit was fostered, marking a return to the grinta and never-say-die attitude of successful Juve sides past.
10. Alessandro Del Piero is a living god.

Kyoufu

1. New chairman Andrea Agnelli is the 'heir' to the family that has traditionally been behind Juve's success.
2. New manager Antonio Conte was Juventus captain during much of their success in the late 90s and early 00s.
3. This season Juventus became the first team in Italy to build and own their own stadium.
4. Overhaul of backroom staff, including physiotherapy department, together with Conte's intense training, meant Juventus didn't suffer the injuries they did in previous seasons.
5. Marotta bought well on the transfer market, bringing in, e.g., Vidal and Barzagli relatively cheaply and Pirlo for free.
7. Andrea Barzagli and an impregnable defence.
8. Andrea Pirlo pulling the strings as we racked up the third best possession in Europe.
9. A remarkable team spirit was fostered, marking a return to the grinta and never-say-die attitude of successful Juve sides past.
10. Alessandro Del Piero is a living god.

I am now a Juve supporter.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i'll Fady-reply to every congrats later when I'm sober!

I think our XI was fairly cheap compared to everyone else in Europe. Our midfield was enough really <3 10-12m for Vidal, Pirlo for free and Marchisio is home grown!

Based Splatt sent this to me. (the pic not the actual cake!)
normal_1273608904.JPG

spidye

The more you play in Europe the more fatigue you are for the competition, so it could be a thing.

aside from real(which got knocked out at the first equal opponent) every other team finished 3rd or 4th in the cl. (obviously juve excluded)
it will be interesting to see how juve will fare in the italian league when they have to play in cl too.

Fry

I'm a huge Juve fan, but money has a large part to play in our success too. ;)

I didn't know to be honest, I thought most of your new players didn't cost a fortune, and the rest of them were already in the team from previous seasons. Nevertheless, I was only joking, and it would be unfair to say 'money' for the only team that won the title unbeaten. :p

Fur_Q

ere's our buzzer crying, he scored in the game against newcastle that won us the title in 68

531185_10150742858391516_562646515_9534195_1671446128_n.jpg

And where can i buy one of these

CHAMP20NS.jpg

.Shodan

I'm kinda late, drunk as hell, typing with an half dead iPhone, bathing in a sea of Juve supporters rocking the shit out of my city, but..love you guys, i may not post often here but wth ^^

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA ***

I am now a Juve supporter.

I loved Juve back in the day, I think it was the whole Black and White thing. I went to see Newcastle - Juventus in a friendly back in 2007 (I think), we won 2-0 and I'm pretty sure Carroll got his first senior goal for Newcastle haha!

Fur_Q

I loved Juve back in the day, I think it was the whole Black and White thing. I went to see Newcastle - Juventus in a friendly back in 2007 (I think), we won 2-0 and I'm pretty sure Carroll got his first senior goal for Newcastle haha!

Always had a soft spot for Lazio with the Gazza thing and ch4 plus they're sky blue. How they doing these days.

Yen

After that match. Buffon said Carroll would be a great striker.

"Carroll played like what we call in Italy a paintbrush striker, he was there to add the finishing touch."

"He played well on his own and although Newcastle were aiming for his head with some of their passes, he showed he can play with his feet too because he laid the ball off excellently to the supporting midfielders."

"He will be an asset because he can find the players around him in different ways and has already shown he has great awareness."

spidye

:(
I remember when that idiot said he wants to join bayern and suddenly, out of nowhere juve snaps him. voller even sold him under his market value solely because he didn't want to see him go to bayern.
at least leverkusen finished 5th. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
interviewer: "Simone, on the goalscoring level you've gotten better"
Simone Pepe 7 : "Well yeah, also because getting worse was impossible"

<3

&#8207;Edgar Davids @esdavids
"Juve CAMPIONI DELL' ITALIA!!!!!!"

We love you too, bitch <3

RVpQP.jpg

Kyoufu

Yiou know... it pained me greatly to cheer Man City on today but it's amazing we may actually get away with that disaster result for us against Norwich.

Manchester should never be cheered on in anything. Fuck both United and City for their monopoly.

Kyoufu

Says the one who wanted Aguero to score a hattrick against us...

Only because I don't want United to win the title. It's a case of picking the slightly lesser evil. :(

Though City, with their oil money, are going to be dominant for years to come. This sucks.

Fur_Q

Manchester should never be cheered on in anything. Fuck both United and City for their monopoly.

Atleast some Geordies who go to the games have some humility.

GeordieBoy wrote:
I'd just like to say how impressed I was with your fans today. I spoke to quite a few before and after the game and wished them luck, and they were all very complimentary of our team.

In the ground you's were easily the loudest away fans we've had all season, and while some people say it isn't hard seeing as your fighting for the title, you still made more of a racket that anyone else. (That fucking Phil Jones/Kun Aguero song is stuck in my head!) It was also top class to see some of your fans stay back and applaud our players round the pitch at the end, as well as joining in with a 'Who the fuck are Man United'.

Coming out the ground both sets of fans were mixing, talking and singing, which Man U fans were unable to do when we beat them and tried to cause trouble (mainly singing 'we'll do what we want' behind the safety of police like).

And as for the 'where were you when you shit', just trying to wind yous up man, we both have very loyal fanbases, and I think the booing was after a decision by the ref??

I'm disappointed but not surprised we lost today, after all you's are the best team in the league, good luck on the title, let's see how Man U like losing a lead!

Luckily I'll be out of Manchester next weekend so I won't have to run into all the giddy City fans dressing themselves head to toe in sky blue.

And just incase City do throw it away and United win the title, I'll be where all the United fans are at :p

Oh wow.

dc, you got a rival here :lol

Kyoufu

It'll be nice to see United lose the title for one season, but then when City win it year after year thanks to oil money then you won't find any Geordies complimenting them.

Lightning

Banned
Only because I don't want United to win the title. It's a case of picking the slightly lesser evil. :(

Though City, with their oil money, are going to be dominant for years to come. This sucks.
The thing is, these Manchester clubs can be stopped. The problem is Chelsea dont really know what they are doing and Arsenal despite having the money refuse to break their self generating profit business and spend some on high quality players.

A policy change is all that is required but I doubt it is going to happen.

Carbonox

That's a nice comment from the Newcastle fan.

See, I have no problem with Manchester at all. Sure, I wanted Man Utd to win the league but it really doesn't bother me in a meaningful way.

The result was disappointing but it's nice to hear that Man City fans were good sports.

Fur_Q

It'll be nice to see United lose the title for one season, but then when City win it year after year thanks to oil money then you won't find any Geordies complimenting them.

Our arabs were looking at you lot before us, oh how you'd love that silky shiny oily pump money now. Keep filling your car up your contribution is much appreciated. ;)

Kyoufu

Our arabs were looking at you lot before us, oh how you'd love that silky shiny oily pump money now. Keep filling your car up your contribution is much appreciated. ;)

I'd love it if we had oil money.

Yes, my hatred is pure jealousy :p

Fur_Q

That's a nice comment from the Newcastle fan.

See, I have no problem with Manchester at all. Sure, I wanted Man Utd to win the league but it really doesn't bother me in a meaningful way.

The result was disappointing but it's nice to hear that Man City fans were good sports.

How you could root for those fuckers after keegan "I'd love it" speech is beyond me.

Right fuck this shit lets have a manchester match off. I'll go first where is Xaverian college?
It's just behind Wilmslow Road. There's an entrance for it near Moonlight, the ice cream shop. I see kids coming out of there quite often because alot of my friends live just near there. Isn't that the school Balotelli went to for a pee?

Anyway, why? I'm confused lol.

Fur_Q

It's just behind Wilmslow Road. There's an entrance for it near Moonlight, the ice cream shop. I see kids coming out of there quite often because alot of my friends live just near there. Isn't that the school Balotelli went to for a pee?

Anyway, why? I'm confused lol.

Because Kermit is a tosspot aussie and every time i post i'm his alt.

Also because i went there. So it was the first thing i thought of.

Second question - What park would i paddle round an island and then visit pets corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom