• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Kermit is a tosspot aussie and every time i post i'm his alt.

Also because i went there. So it was the first thing i thought of.

Second question - What park would i paddle round an island and then visit pets corner.
Ahahaha. I don't actually think you're Kermit btw. He hates Manchester!

Ummm I've not been there but I'll guess Heaton Park?

Fur_Q

Ahahaha. I don't actually think you're Kermit btw. He hates Manchester!

Ummm I've not been there but I'll guess Heaton Park?

Platt fields you bellend ;) With birchy down the road. Where funnily enough i used to play kick a bout with wes brown, him being a longsight lad an all.

Platt fields you bellend. With birchy down the road. Where funnily enough i used to play kick a bout with wes brown, him being a longsight lad an all.
There's a pets corner in Platt Fields Park?

I've not been there many times but sometimes we go there to play football after Uni, never seen a pets corner,

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stop fighting guys :p

Onro8.jpg

dON3B.jpg

Yen

Shearer: "I feel sorry for McLeish. It's the same situation as with Bruce at Sunderland...fans can't get behind "the Birmingham man.""

Zabojnik

Is there a version with "Haters gonna hate" and not "Gli odiatori odieranno"?
Please, some english memes can't be rendered in italian XD

Precisely why I made it. :p I'll see what I can do about an english version. Tomorrow though, I'm coming down from an all-time adrenaline high and it's hitting me hard. :)

Fur_Q

There's a pets corner in Platt Fields Park?

I've not been there many times but sometimes we go there to play football after Uni, never seen a pets corner,

Well there was, talking two years here. Watch out for the Peacocks they'll have YOURS, lethal fuckers. Its at the back off the lake with all the boats. Enjoy getting harassed. Platts is massive mate you wanna av a wander.

Well there was, talking two years here. Watch out for the Peacocks they'll have YOURS, lethal fuckers. Its at the back off the lake with all the boats. Enjoy getting harassed. Platts is massive mate you wanna av a wander.
Ah, I only moved up here to study a couple of years ago so I must have missed it.

I've not been to the bit around the back of the Girls school, only ever been as far as the City complex at the back, this summer perhaps!

PaulLFC

Please. You struggled against a championship side and barely turned up in the other final. And that was down to Dalglish's team selection and tactics. So how was what I said initially an over exaggeration?
Of course it was an overexaggeration. At the end of the day, performances do not matter. Results do. We won one cup and got to the final of another. Two finals and one victory is great cup form for any team, the fact that you haven't provided a single reason for your assertion that it isn't good form just shows that you don't actually have an argument.

Money
Money and oil
lucky [Dortmund]
Deserved
typical
who cares

lol wut?
For the second time in a row?
This time we beat all sorts of records too:
- Never before has a team reached 81 pts. in a season in BL (including the converted "2 pts. per victory" era)
- best second half ever (47/54 pts)
- 28 time in a row unbeaten (still going btw.)
For fuck's sake Bayern couldn't even win vs. Gladbach...

The argument that teams fairing better in the CL lose the league is pretty dumb/doesn't hold true at all.
Just looking at Bayern: played the final vs. Inter in 09/10 with both winning their respective leagues that year. Or how about that CL title in 00/01 for Bayern or the final in 98/99. Yup, won the league both times.
What about the 10/11 season? Bayern got the Inter-smash in the round of sixteen, still didn't win the league...

Those 73 pts. at the end of 11/12 would net you quite a few BL championships in the past, but not in a year in which Dortmund is breaking record in the Bundesliga..

Lets look at Bayern's losses this season:
07.08.2011 vs. Gladbach - CL started more than a month later.

---group stage shouldn't even count as we played that too and had our only losses during that time---

23.10.2011 in Hanover - after a group stage game in Napoli (18.10.2011)
19.11.2011 vs. Dortmund - before a group stage game vs. Villarreal (22.11.2011)
27.11.2011 in Mainz - - after the group stage game vs. Villarreal (22.11.2011)

Second half is where it really should count which is why I'm counting draws too:

20.01.2012 3-1 loss in Gladbach - no CL games whatsover...
04.02.2012 1-1 draw in Hamburg - no CL games whatsover...
18.02.2012 0-0 draw in Freiburg - before a round of 16 game vs. Basel (22.02.2012)
03.03.2012 2-0 loss in Leverkusen - before the second leg game vs. Basel (13.03.2012) - so full 10 days around the CL games...
11.04.2012 1-0 defeat in Dortmund - coming from a quarterfinal victory vs. Marseille (03.04.2012), going into the semifinal vs. Real (17.04.2012)

So how valid is that point of Bayern not winning the league because of the CL?

We should have beaten Liverpool at Anfield in the 4th round. Remembering feeling so pissed off that we lost that game, late goal for Kuyt was gutting.

I really want United to win the FA Cup again. We've come closeish lately, lost in 07 to Chelsea, had a couple of semi-final losses since. Would be great to win it again.

Fur_Q

Oh god i really want newcastle to get that champ leeg spot, classy side. Every thing about em love em go luck lads i'll be cheering for ya howay the lads.

Lightning

Banned
Two sub par games out of, what, 14?
Oh please, you guys win the carling cup, most teams whic played their reserve sides in the early rounds, and didn't really give a toss about the competition in any case and you are using this as your achievement?

For the FA cup you done well but no prizes for second place and league form is where it matters most. Unless you offer Man City/Chelsea like stupid wages you wont attact the best players in the europa league.

santouras

Congrats Juve, better team over the whole season. Ghost goal or nothing, still deserving winners. Hope you find some way of getting your two stolen Scudetto's back as well

Fur_Q

Ah, I only moved up here to study a couple of years ago so I must have missed it.

I've not been to the bit around the back of the Girls school, only ever been as far as the City complex at the back, this summer perhaps!

You on about platt lane. Makes me sad i used to be a junior blue. Never made it though, ah well.

Wilbur

Banned
Been out to see American Pie Reunion (verdict; the same as all the others) but FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

interesting thing is that every team you listed played badly in the cl/el
coincidence?

Hmm....

1. New chairman Andrea Agnelli is the 'heir' to the family that has traditionally been behind Juve's success.
2. New manager Antonio Conte was Juventus captain during much of their success in the late 90s and early 00s.
3. This season Juventus became the first team in Italy to build and own their own stadium.
4. Overhaul of backroom staff, including physiotherapy department, together with Conte's intense training, meant Juventus didn't suffer the injuries they did in previous seasons.
5. Marotta bought well on the transfer market, bringing in, e.g., Vidal and Barzagli relatively cheaply and Pirlo for free.
6. Arturo Vidal and a battling midfield.
7. Andrea Barzagli and an impregnable defence.
8. Andrea Pirlo pulling the strings as we racked up the third best possession in Europe.
9. A remarkable team spirit was fostered, marking a return to the grinta and never-say-die attitude of successful Juve sides past.
10. Alessandro Del Piero is a living god.

SO FUCKING GOOD TO READ

Because Kermit is a tosspot aussie and every time i post i'm his alt.

Also because i went there. So it was the first thing i thought of.

Second question - What park would i paddle round an island and then visit pets corner.

Incredible. Today has been a top day for posts.

Shearer: "I feel sorry for McLeish. It's the same situation as with Bruce at Sunderland...fans can't get behind "the Birmingham man.""

Such a cunt. Such a massive massive cunt.

I didn't know to be honest, I thought most of your new players didn't cost a fortune, and the rest of them were already in the team from previous seasons. Nevertheless, I was only joking, and it would be unfair to say 'money' for the only team that won the title unbeaten. :p
Man, be careful with your jokes then, hehe
Yeah, Juve did spend around 100m EUR if I remember correctly. Not too shabby if you ask me :p

Fur_Q and Kermit would have got on very well.

Wait a minute..

Fuck that Kermit was funny and took defeat in good grace, this guy is just tedious and went missing when city did only to return to see them lift the trophy. Wish people would stop quoting him

Anyway congrats city and juve gaf.

And more importantly to me......

Tomorrow looks like being my last game at ewood for some time and I think I want us to lose (traitor) we are down barring an absolute miracle and I want it to be live on tv, the owners, manager and a lot of the players deserve to be humiliated.

There's only Hoilett, olsson and Yakubu id look at if I was a lower premier league team.

Just pray Kean is sacked soon so I can get my season ticket!

Fur_Q

Fuck that Kermit was funny and took defeat in good grace, this guy is just tedious and went missing when city did only to return to see them lift the trophy. Wish people would stop quoting him

Tomorrow looks like being my last game at ewood for some time and I think I want us to lose (traitor) we are down barring an absolute miracle and I want it to be live on tv, the owners, manager and a lot of the players deserve to be humiliated.

There's only Hoilett, olsson and Yakubu id look at if I was a lower premier league team.

xuse me?

Yen

Oh please, you guys win the carling cup, most teams whic played their reserve sides in the early rounds, and didn't really give a toss about the competition in any case and you are using this as your achievement?

For the FA cup you done well but no prizes for second place and league form is where it matters most. Unless you offer Man City/Chelsea like stupid wages you wont attact the best players in the europa league.

No, I'm stating Liverpool had good cup form this season.

Wilbur

Banned

Feeling for you Jeff. Best thing to come of you being relegated is Kean going, so I hope there's some consolation for you. if you can win and Wigan and Blackburn stay up that would be good...

but I need QPR to get a point at least next week. SORRY JEFF.

Wilbur

Banned
Are we talking the same as the others (2, The Wedding)? Or the others (Band Camp, The Book Of Cum or whatever those fucking awful films are called)?

Not as good as the first one, marginally less so than the second, better than Wedding. No better than a 2/4, but I got to see it free so fuck it.

Also the Book of Cum would be wonderful (i think I have one)

I don't think even that is guaranteed

I know :/ needs to go though, he's a poison on the club. Same with McLeish, they both need to be out.

Rikkun

Guys, I just.

I just wanted to say vattelapijanderculo to Allegri and Galliani, but we have to stay classy on GAF.

So yeah.. we won.. feels fucking good. Sunday I'll be in Turin, WE'RE BACK CAZZO.

546437_3822178643992_1563504961_33135433_2141286136_n.jpg

Please footyGAF don't hack my facebook plz plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom