• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed but how the fucking shite was the shoe free kick given?

Playing like shit

You are not allowed to play the ball if you are missing a boot. The rules are pretty clear on that, it is the Man U players fault for not knowing them.

avaya

Telling it like it is with half the team missing is talking bullshit lol?

The premier league isn't shit, this is the first year that the premier league hasn't dominated the champions league in over 5 years for f*cks sake. And the reason why the premier league has done poorly this year is that the top 4 have either been crippled by injuries (Manchester United/Arsenal) or they're going through a transitional phase (Chelsea/Man city)

You're projecting. The Premiership has not been a force in the CL since 2009. Barca and Real are light years ahead and the Italians are better too. No premiership team has stood a realistic chance of winning the CL since 2009 and in 2009 it was Chelsea who looked close to (and should have) beaten Barca.

The fact that this god awful United side, reliant on pensioners is possibly favourite to win the league this year is testament to the level we've fallen to in this country. Chelsea are packed full of players past their best, Citeh are managed by an idiot and the current Arsenal side is the worst in 16yrs. Let's not even talk about Liverpool and the dross they have on their books.

Madridy

Muniain is fucking amazing, world class potential.

Also:

At. Madrid 3 - 1 Besiktas

Manchester U. 2 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Valencia 4 - 2 PSV Eindhoven

Fuck yeah La Liga!

That's what you get for laughing at Bundesliga yesterday, Brits :p
Barca would've probably rape and pillage Utd. just as they did with Neverkusen.

Yen

You're projecting. The Premiership has not been a force in the CL since 2009. Barca and Real are light years ahead and the Italians are better too. No premiership team has stood a realistic chance of winning the CL since 2009 and in 2009 it was Chelsea who looked close to (and should have) beaten Barca.

The fact that this god awful United side, reliant on pensioners is possibly favourite to win the league this year is testament to the level we've fallen to in this country. Chelsea are packed full of players past their best, Citeh are managed by an idiot and the current Arsenal side is the worst in 16yrs. Let's not even talk about Liverpool and the dross they have on their books.
I take offence at an Arsenal fan calling Liverpool "dross"

avaya

I guess if you have to play Real and Barca 4x a year you aren't scared of anyone else, no one could be as good.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
MexicoGAF: Pre-olympic squad defined:

No. Nombre Equipo
1. Liborio Sánchez Querétaro
2. Antonio Rodríguez Veracruz
3. Hugo González América
4. Israel Jiménez Tigres
5. Hiram Mier Monterrey
6. Néstor Araujo Cruz Azul
7. Hugo Rodríguez Atlas
8. Diego Reyes América
9. Darvin Chávez Monterrey
10. Miguel Ponce Guadalajara
11. Jorge Enríquez Guadalajara
12. David Cabrera UNAM
13. Héctor Herrera Pachuca
14. Javier Cortés UNAM
15. Javier Aquino Cruz Azul
16. Néstor Calderón Toluca
17. Marco Fabián Guadalajara
18. Jerónimo Amione Atlante
19. Alan Pulido Tigres
20. Erick Torres Guadalajara

lol wtf cubo?

Salazar

Lol Rafael wtf ?

I was worried about him when he chased hard up the line for a ball he was never going to get. He was winded jogging back, and you can't make bad decisions like that against a pacy team late in the game.

Should have been

De Gea
Raf Evans Rio Evra
Nani Cleverley Carrick Young
Rooney Welbeck

And even then, I've bolded the players who did play and looked poor.

Brinbe

Last post for the night. I'm sick of this fucking complacency. Absolutely sick of it, De Gea kept us in that single handedly and knowing us we'll go through after luckily winning next week and everyone will forget there was a problem. I'm out guys, have a good night.
Totally agreed... definitely a disappointing night and that's what we get for overlooking them. Gonna be tough in the 2nd-leg, but you never know with this inconsistent squad of players, they could pull it off.

Chicha needs to handle those chances better, just not a good night for him. Glad to see Ando back, and thought he did quite well for being out for months, and can't say enough about De Gea. Said a month ago that he's better than people have been saying and he's proven that.

Clegg

Bilbao players that would easily make it into Uniteds team:

Llorente
Martinez
Muniain. (More on potential though. He was brilliant tonight)

I dont want to open the can of worms, but De Gea is great.
Yep, been absolutely brilliant over the last few weeks.

Well done Bilbao, fully deserved. In fact, they deserved better. Should have won the game comfortably and by some margin.

United were poor all over. I sensed we would lose the tie before anyway because I just don't think the players are motivated for this tournament, plus Bilbao are a good in form side. Tonight was just so disappointing though, really nothing to be proud of apart from De Gea's performance. The team selection was silly also.

I was almost urging Bilbao to go on and score more by the end. Already a fan of theirs before tonight but warmed to them further after that stunning performance.

doicare

If Manchester United actually field anywhere near the first choice team (barring long term injuries) in the second leg then United will win. Second leg team:

--------------------De Gea--------------------

Smalling-----Ferdinand-----Evans-----Evra

Valencia-----Carrick-----Cleverley-----nani

-------------Rooney-----Welbeck-------------

untitled-12d4ct3.gif

Didn't watch the game. Why was De Gea off balance/back-pedaling for that one?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
WTF at the free? And SAF will go ballistic at Rafael, woeful defending all round. De Gea was the only one who put in a decent performance.

Deserved win for Bilbao.

"Old Trafford no longer a European fortress...it has become a gift shop" - commentator after the goal.

Channel 5 commentators are crap.

elsk

Banned

Bielsa is the only true master. Mou has to buy like 100m in players in each team he joins... Bielsa does this kind of magic in every team he joins and without having to buy expensive players.

Just wondering who is average at Barca? Pretty sure each player in the first 11 is top-notch lol. You could have a case for Pique.
But incase I misunderstood and you meant how the team still plays great when the bench players are on(like Tello, Cuenca, Adriano etc) then yeah you are right.

ManU's team work has always been admirable, they can pull off wins from nowhere. And you don't know who will score. Don't know what it is, but im guessing its because of SAF.

I'm talking about the likes of Pedro, Cuenca, Tello, etc, yes. They would be average players in another club, but in Barcelona they look just like all other players of the team.

I just noticed that they're all Spaniards :O
Are all of them Basks too? (except Amorebieta, obviously)

rSoX2.png

I'm not 100% sure but I understand that they can only sign players from their region, or players from another region that were in A.Bilbao youth teams. But in the end all of them need to be Spaniards.

Clegg

The thing that really annoyed me was Uniteds lack of movement.

Bilbao were passing and moving all night. They closed us down we we had the ball and ran rings around us when they had it.

When United had the ball in the final third everyone was just static. United had no players looking to make runs into or across the box.

So lethargic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom