• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

rmadrid = no cl for them.

we are not the host so we got a chance :p

Apoel is gonna kick some major butt. Mark my words

nah not really but I am rooting for the biggest underdog in CL ever

basel vs apoel final would be epic

Semifinals:

RM - Barcelona, Napoli - Bayern

BELIEVE.

nah u guys can have barca in the semi, lets see how good bayern really is, plus we have seen alot of barca/madrid in the last dozen months or so

elsk

Banned
nah u guys can have barca in the semi, lets see how good bayern really is, plus we have seen alot of barca/madrid in the last dozen months or so

I would prefer RM vs. Bayern in the semis, or in the final. You're our bitches in cL.

Blablurn

we are not the host so we got a chance :p

basel vs apoel final would be epic

Basel - apoel? Are u kenka in disguise?

Messi

We can win against anyone in the Allianz, so a final there against Barcelona is our best chance to win :)

Would it be bad if Barca played their style al a last years final in your home stadium? I think it would be.

ps: I am hoping for a Barca vs Bayern Final after you dump Real out.

Another robbery and another cry me a river by culerd press. Wonderful.

I'm enoying this Liga so much. Those little bastards who didn't say shit about Stamford Bridge are now screaming like a hyina pack.

God, I love this turnouts and how time puts each one on its place.

Messi

I'm enoying this Liga so much. Those little bastards who didn't say shit about Stamford Bridge are now screaming like a hyina pack.

I think you guys deserve the league, but you can't say betis didnt get robbed of a penalty tonight.

I think you guys deserve the league, but you can't say betis didnt get robbed of a penalty tonight.

Read my first sentence. It was a freaking robbery. I can't deny that. I'm rushing over the press who didn't give a damn about Barsa's steals.

Well, and seems it's not only the press. Reading certain forums after this matches is awesome.

Raise the double standard.

Messi

Read my first sentence. It was a freaking robbery. I can't deny that. I'm rushing over the press who didn't give a damn about Barsa's steals.

Well, and seems it's not only the press. Reading certain forums after this matches is awesome.

Raise the double standard.

I'll fully admit both teams have gotten away with murder at times. Seems its part of football now.

sneaky77

time puts each one on its place? lol.. last yr your coach cried after every game even if they got benefited from the refs... you think somehow this makes it right or better? Did you bitch about refs last yr? Cause if so you're no better than any Barca fans bitching now.

I find it unbelievable that a league that is supposed to be top of the world has the awful refs the spanish league has..

time puts each one on its place? lol.. last yr your coach cried after every game even if they got benefited from the refs... you think somehow this makes it right or better? Did you bitch about refs last yr? Cause if so you're no better than any Barca fans bitching now.

I find it unbelievable that a league that is supposed to be top of the world has the awful refs the spanish league has..

If you have read any other of my posts, which seems you haven't, I've always been critic on Mou for having cried about UEFA, Villar, Unicef and who knows.

But, my point is on the same message you've quoted. Press claming steals from Madrid but denying Barcelona's.

This is Football, people make mistakes, and if Mateu is our best ref, God help us all.

Messi

If you have read any other of my posts, which seems you haven't, I've always been critic on Mou for having cried about UEFA, Villar, Unicef and who knows.

But, my point is on the same message you've quoted. Press claming steals from Madrid but denying Barcelona's.

This is Football, people make mistakes, and if Mateu is our best ref, God help us all.

I get your point, its more about the Catalan press calling foul over decisions and the madrid press calling foul last season. Its all laughable.

sneaky77

Mateu is our best ref, God help us all.

lol I can agree with that... I feel like the ref level in the spanish league keeps getting worse.. and yeah both Madrid and Barca get more benefited than anyone else to the pt that is not even close.. but they are the ones that cry the most.

Jezabel

Watch the Heart instead!

or are they shitty too? I stopped following the a-league when my plan to move to aus petered out

Nah Heart aren't too bad, look like they will make the finals. If you ever move to Australia live in Melbourne (best city in the country)

I wish for an end to the Pogba saga just so we can stop hearing about him for a while. It annoys me that I know so much about a player who has hardly even played a game for the first team. I actually think the fact that people keep banging on about this whole situation is playing into his agent's hands.

/rant

Salazar

I wish for an end to the Pogba saga just so we can stop hearing about him for a while. It annoys me that I know so much about a player who has hardly even played a game for the first team. I actually think the fact that people keep banging on about this whole situation is playing into his agent's hands.

I don't think anyone would disagree. Except maybe doicare, because that's how he rolls.

Fantomex

/rant

So much truth.

Salazar

Fry Y U DON'T POST BAYERN GIFs IN GAF?!

Does he post them elsewhere ?

Le Ferg said:
anpw2uwcaaaeqglb31rv.jpg

Salazar

Daily Mail lolololololololololololol said:
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will take the cost of his summer spending to £35million by adding Borussia Dortmund's £25m-rated teenage midfielder Mario Gotze to Cologne striker Lukas Podolski as his two major buys.

Gotze, just 19 but recognised already as one of the brightest hopes in Germany, is ready to join Wenger's rebuilding project - smashing Arsenal's record 2009 purchase of £15m Andrey Arshavin in the process.
Oh dear said:
QPR boss Mark Hughes and several players were involved in an ugly altercation with fans after Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Bolton. Hughes was the target of a torrent of foul-mouthed abuse at Euston railway station from a group of Rangers fans who had returned to the capital on the same train.

One fan then 'squared up' to defender Clint Hill and forward Jamie Mackie after they intervened. Djibril Cisse acted as peace-maker and led Hughes and the players to an awaiting team coach.

Meier

Watching an A-League matchup since nothing else is on TV and this is live. I'm absolutely flabbergasted at how poor the attendance is. Brisbane is playing in this massive stadium and it looks like there are only a few thousand people there at most. Just massive swaths of empty seats at all levels including right next to the pitch.

The quality of play is truly atrocious. Comical really.

Sloosha

Watching an A-League matchup since nothing else is on TV and this is live. I'm absolutely flabbergasted at how poor the attendance is. Brisbane is playing in this massive stadium and it looks like there are only a few thousand people there at most. Just massive swaths of empty seats at all levels including right next to the pitch.

Hah, I'm watching the same match. Oh boy, I can't believe he didn't score during that sequence.

Salazar

From Roarcelona ? Surely you jest.

Edit: lol at that "counterattack". Both sides are clearly so knackered.

That stadium is largely for the rugby league and rugby union sides. 50,000 is pretty damn big for their regular games, too.

Keio

For a Finer World
I get your point, its more about the Catalan press calling foul over decisions and the madrid press calling foul last season. Its all laughable.

How boring would the footballing world be if journalists pretended to be objective and fans would not see things through lenses of their team's colors?

Sometimes it's sad, but I admit to enjoying Mou's meltdowns and Marca's lame excuses in the past years. The microcosm of football makes for nice theatre while the reality worries about soaring unemployment, sovereign debt crisis and looming war in Middle East. I salute the football press all over the world for coming up with stories, day in, day out.

Re: refereeing, is there any league where there is the "decent standard" we all pine for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom