• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/foo...trike-agreement-for-arsenals-robin-van-persie

Duncan Castles said:
Arsenal face the prospect of losing a fifth player to Manchester City in three years after Robin van Persie provisionally agreed a contract with the Premier League leaders that promises to make him the division's best paid footballer. City's proposal, which sources close to both club and player say has been accepted, is worth £10.9 million (Dh63.05m) a year, a deal that will place him atop the club's pay scale once Carlos Tevez, whose contract was worth £12.55m including loyalty bonuses, is sold this summer.

A transfer fee will have to be agreed with Arsenal for their captain, but with the striker's contract entering its final season, and City's offer almost £100,000 above the London club's pay ceiling, the Gunners will be presented with another strategic dilemma. Arsenal were forced to sell Samir Nasri to City in almost identical circumstances last summer. City outbid all rivals, most notably Manchester United, by agreeing a €10m (Dh48.2m) annual pay package with Nasri - also entering the last 12 months of his contract - then waited for Arsenal's board to override Arsene Wenger's express opposition to a sale.

Van Persie, who turns 29 in August, has scored 25 goals in 27 Premier League appearances this season, underlining his status as the division's leading marksman. Earlier this campaign, the Holland international publicly stated his intention not to discuss a contract extension with Arsenal until the season was over. Asked about his interest in Van Persie ahead of last week's Europa League loss to Sporting, City manager Roberto Mancini confirmed his admiration for the player. "I think Van Persie at this moment is one of the best strikers in Europe with [Lionel] Messi, [Cristiano] Ronaldo and with Sergio [Aguero] and Mario [Balotelli]," said Mancini.

"I think if there is a good player who wants to leave a club, then we are interested. But if this player wants to stay, we don't have any problem. In my opinion, Van Persie will stay at Arsenal. I think Robin van Persie will sign a new contract with Arsenal because if Arsenal lose also Van Persie they will have a big problem." Wenger responded by declaring over a recent history in which Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gael Clichy and Nasri have successively moved to City at significant profit. "We will not lose anybody to Manchester City, or to anybody else because we want to keep our players," Wenger said. "We want to keep Robin van Persie, that is clear, we will do everything possible to extend his contract, that is clear, and apart from that, I can only let people talk."

Though Wenger has said his interest in Lukas Podolski is independent of Van Persie's future, Arsenal are close to securing the Germany international to provide an alternative at centre forward. Podolski, 26, was the subject of a failed bid in the January transfer window, but is expected to arrive from Cologne for a fee of €13m this summer. Van Persie is represented by Darren Dein, who negotiated the exits of Cesc Fabregas, Thierry Henry and Clichy from Arsenal. The son of the club's former vice-chairman, David Dein, the agent also represents Alex Song, Wenger's first-choice holding midfielder.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In past 60 Liga seasons, 30 goal mark exceeded 11 times. 3 guys did it twice: Hugo Sanchez, Messi + now Cristiano Ronaldo.
Danke.

Btw whats Cunte's problem with Alex?

vOOaz.gif

He doesn't suit our 4-3-3 system.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Another penalty not given

untitled-8rtam6.gif

I'm probably getting paranoid, but a lot of the matches I've watched of Madrid, not many though, they get a lot of decisions go there way.

Hixx

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-8rtam6.gif[/I.MG]

I'm probably getting paranoid, but a lot of the matches I've watched of Madrid, not many though, they get a lot of decisions go there way.[/QUOTE]

like most top teams on the planet

and liverpool

Madridy

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-8rtam6.gif[IMG]

I'm probably getting paranoid, but a lot of the matches I've watched of Madrid, not many though, they get a lot of decisions go there way.[/QUOTE]

The other angle shows that it did hit his knee.

hope we meet in the CL in a two leg tie. :)

A lot of people want Madrid and Barca not to meet each other in the knockout stages so they play each other in the final.

Every Barca fan I know wants them to meet in a two leg tie, its almost a guaranteed victory which would also mean an easy final ;)

MPW

oh hell no

madrid must avoid meeting barca until cl final and then get a lucky win thanks to own goal scored by biscuits

oh hell no

madrid must avoid meeting barca until cl final and then get a lucky win thanks to own goal scored by biscuits

If Madrid play Barca in the final, I don't think Madrid need to be lucky. Madrid is the only team that I would fear if we had to play them in the final.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wow, if true. I told my mates at work that Wenger should have spent that money on van Persie's contract instead of Podolski. I can't believe they're going to let him go.
Well, I suppose I can...

I would cash on him, 29 having a great season etc.. City will most likely give Arse 35-40 millions, heck may even get 45 millions or something crazy this is city after all, for RVP. There's no way I wouldn't cash on that money.

good, cheap strikers are not hard to find.

elsk

Banned
I would cash on him, 29 having a great season etc.. City will most likely give Arse 35-40 millions, heck may even get 45 millions or something crazy this is city after all, for RVP. There's no way I wouldn't cash on that money.

Maybe a Tevez+money deal too. That would be very good for Arsenal, if they manage to keep Carlitos happy.

elsk

Banned
So now Real Madrid is the team getting help from the referees? Ironic, they were the ones talking trash when Barcelona got that same help.

Fur_Q

Pretty sure it is just Darren Dein talking crap like usual, I don't see the point in selling him in the summer anyway we would make more money from the goals he scores for us anyway than the transfer fee we would get.

Yeah this can't be real, there is no way Arse are gonna sell their best player to us, a premiership rival. If he is going, he's going abroad.

Still if true.............................

imo262ooMA6oj.gif
[/IMG]

sneaky77

So now Real Madrid is the team getting help from the referees? Ironic, they were the ones talking trash when Barcelona got that same help.

Yeah last yr Mourinho said that he would be ashamed to win a title with that kind of help lol.. oh irony

Carbonox

I uT slurped in sick gotninal ogre my trousers Lorre noooo Riis is unacceptable

Forzan Roma and come on receive santa

Translates to: "I just slipped in sick and got it all over my trousers corr nooooo this is unacceptable."

Thank me later Wilbury. This will help you out in the morning when you ask why there's sick on your trousers and you can't remember how in blazes it got on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom