• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be the hero we need.

What's your dissertation on?

The weapon focus effect, primarily concerning the roles novelty and threat play in producing it.

And I don't love you guys enough to sacrifice myself for goals. Plus Hernandez.

Not gonna get anything done uni wise thanks to the replay tomorrow either.

the new
robben or
altintop?
No, I think Klopp just gave Götze too much play time this season. With Reus joining and Kagawa hopefully staying, he could be given enough time to rest. It's similar to Wilshere.

On top of his great play at Santos, the guy has 8 goals in 16 matches for his senior national team at age 19. How often does that happen? Half those guys barely have as many goals for their club as Neymar has for his country!
Striker score more goals than midfielders, not a good way to compare different players.

Hixx

The weapon focus effect, primarily concerning the roles novelty and threat play in producing it.

You going? Should be a cracking atmosphere if the Arsenal cup game is anything to go by.

elsk

Banned
All quite talented but I think that they'd be on the move if an offer of 30-40 million or so came through. Neymar is worth 50.

On top of his great play at Santos, the guy has 8 goals in 16 matches for his senior national team at age 19. How often does that happen? Half those guys barely have as many goals for their club as Neymar has for his country!

So? haha you think big money = more talent?
Breno was like 20M and he's shitter than shit. He was the best defender in Brazil when he was like 17 years old. Doing good in Brazil doesn't translates in being a world class player.

Also, Brazil is playing friendlies against shitty NT like Costa Rica.
Neymar is going to flop if he leaves Brazil, that's why he doesn't want to leave.

I wouldn't worry about that ;) It was never the coach, it's the players.

He could use some reserve players, no? :/

No, I think Klopp just gave Götze too much play time this season. With Reus joining and Kagawa hopefully staying, he could be given enough time to rest.

You know he's leaving :)

I see... that's certainly more interesting than 'Do young players recovering from injury require physiological coaching alongside their physio and regular coaching'

Meier

Striker score more goals than midfielders, not a good way to compare different players.

This is true. But those guys are all either attacking mids/wingers or forwards so that's kind of irrelevant.

Anyone who thinks Neymar will flop is a nut. I'm sure he won't be able to do as many ridiculous things he does with the ball when playing in Europe, but the talent and finishing ability doesn't just disappear.

I see... that's certainly more interesting than 'Do young players recovering from injury require physiological coaching alongside their physio and regular coaching'

Sports Science degree? I know a couple of people doing Sports Psychology (as we have shared a few modules) which looked interesting. Suppose you only do biology related stuff though rather than psychological though?

Meier

So? haha you think big money = more talent?
Breno was like 20M and he's shitter than shit. He was the best defender in Brazil when he was like 17 years old. Doing good in Brazil doesn't translates in being a world class player
Uhh, 53 million pounds isn't some trifling figure. It would have been in the top handful of transfer figures ever and certainly the highest for a player of his age. Teams don't throw that much around unless they expect a lot.

He'll move for some astronomical figure one of these days and I guess we'll just have to see what happens then.

elsk

Banned
all this money :( man, our scouting sucks. no surprise we stopped looking for talents in south america.

We got no scouts in south america. We had a former player picking random players, just because brazilian media says they are good.
edit: and also, if we're focusing in "making" our own talents like Badstuber, Contento, Mueller, Lahm, Alaba, Schweini then I'm ok with that :D

Uhh, 53 million pounds isn't some trifling figure. It would have been in the top handful of transfer figures ever and certainly the highest for a player of his age. Teams don't throw that much around unless they expect a lot.

He'll move for some astronomical figure one of these days and I guess we'll just have to see what happens then.

They expected the same from Robinho. It ended nicely.

Evra
KuGsj.gif

Sports Science degree? I know a couple of people doing Sports Psychology (as we have shared a few modules) which looked interesting. Suppose you only do biology related stuff though rather than psychological though?

Ah. I meant Psychological rather than Physiological (had just written physiological in my work before hand).

Yeah we do a bit of everything.

Biomechanics.
Exercise Physio
Strength & Conditioning
Sports Development
Sports Coaching

Its the Psychology part I'm interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom