• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Pachimari

I woke up with a smile today.

What about you guys?

Though, I'm slowly getting nervous about Bayern. This have to be the year, this is the important one.

Hixx

Bwahahah. The Sunday Sun (not The Sun, completely different publications) reckon West Ham want Elmohamady. If we can get our £2m back it'll be daylight robbery.

Salazar

tumblr_m2uivqzcue1r8wd5pv6.gif

Today is the day Wolves discover how to play football. TC has a plan. I know it.

I woke up with a smile today.

What about you guys?

Though, I'm slowly getting nervous about Bayern. This have to be the year, this is the important one.

2Un7F.gif

Definitely, I've even stopped ragin' at Di Maria :p

Not nervous about Bayern at all, think we will be too strong at home.

More bugging me that I can't decide whether I want Barca or Chelsea in the final!

The risk of losing to Barca is there, but the reward is huge, and there is a bit of a psychological edge to Madrid now IMO.

However, Chelsea is interesting too due to Mou

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I still can't believe how shite Spurs were yesterday. A disorganised shambles, Redknapp has not instilled enough discipline in the side, too many players are roaming around and not keeping the team in shape. We never look likely to score when Bale, Lennon, VDV etc are all farting around in front of the penalty area, not when the opposition have 10 behind the ball.

offshore

Aren't Spurs a sign of what happens towards the end of a Redknapp reign at a club? i.e. chaos?

If he leaves for England with Spurs not in the CL... well, you wonder if Bale and Modric will put up with another season of that.

Wow. CL second-legs are going to be really interesting this week after that Clasico. And just saw the Newcastle highlights. Some real class in that side - Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Ba, etc. Thoroughly deserving of CL football.

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Rooney, Welbeck.

Want to see this.

Feel like I'm going to see Giggs and or Young, though.

Yes, please. I want to see Nani start, but I also get the feeling Young might. I wouldn't mind Giggs on the wing much, either, with Welbeck's work-rate; he's the best crosser of the ball in the side. But I think he'll be saved for use against tiring legs.

Oxx

Aren't Spurs a sign of what happens towards the end of a Redknapp reign at a club? i.e. chaos?

If he leaves for England with Spurs not in the CL... well, you wonder if Bale and Modric will put up with another season of that.

Modric to Chelsea back on?

Or did Chelsea go and get Mata because Modric stayed?

Wilbur

Banned
Lol at that picture with the tennis balls.

Just watched the match. How did Alves not get sent off? Lucky cunt. Good game though, Madrid were great. Pep is such a gentleman. Hopefully the squad follow suit, it always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when Pep comes out and praises an opponent and then someone on the team moans about anti football and the like

Salazar

Modric to Chelsea back on?

If that decisively squelches the Modric for MUFC idea, then hell yes.

Also, watching that Baggio vid has raised my standards. Sheer fucking balls. If you call yourself an attacking footballer, you should bloody well attack.

Wilbur

Banned
If that decisively squelches the Modric for MUFC idea, then hell yes.

Also, watching that Baggio vid has raised my standards. Sheer fucking balls. If you call yourself an attacking footballer, you should bloody well attack.

I still want Modric at United. He's been great for two thirds of the season.

Salazar

I still want Modric at United. He's been great for two thirds of the season.

If it happens fairly rapidly and we don't get taxed like a Spanish colony for him, then I will not moan.

But if it takes all summer and we get milked for him - which I think is the likelier outcome - then fuuuck.

Wilbur

Banned
If it happens fairly rapidly and we don't get taxed like a Spanish colony for him, then I will not moan.

But if it takes all summer and we get milked for him - which I think is the likelier outcome - then fuuuck.

I think 40m is a fair price considering the market. Any more and we should look for cheaper alternatives.

Choc

Banned
ALeague decided by a dive, of a stupid fuckwit arsehole player

Ref got conned.

But then, why the fuck was a referee in their first season at that level appointed to the grand final

unbelievable. I am part of football in Australia and i often fucking wonder who the fuck is @ the wheel of this game here.

Pachimari

2Un7F.gif

Definitely, I've even stopped ragin' at Di Maria :p

Not nervous about Bayern at all, think we will be too strong at home.

More bugging me that I can't decide whether I want Barca or Chelsea in the final!

The risk of losing to Barca is there, but the reward is huge, and there is a bit of a psychological edge to Madrid now IMO.

However, Chelsea is interesting too due to Mou
I feel we are going to the final too, it's just that we are getting closer to an even more important match. My heart can't take it.

sohois

ALeague decided by a dive, of a stupid fuckwit arsehole player

Ref got conned.

But then, why the fuck was a referee in their first season at that level appointed to the grand final

unbelievable. I am part of football in Australia and i often fucking wonder who the fuck is @ the wheel of this game here.

Well, it's pretty easy to see dives and the like on TV and say "I would never make such a mistake, this ref is a joke" (probably even more so if you are an actual ref) yet when in a real game, a game of huge importance such as an A-League final the challenge will be far greater.

GorillaJu

I think 40m is a fair price considering the market. Any more and we should look for cheaper alternatives.

Modric for 40m seems absurd given his form. The market has been ridiculous over the past two seasons but I think it'll drop down to normalcy soon. I could see Modric going to Chelsea or United for 25-30m.

Salvadora

Modric for 40m seems absurd given his form. The market has been ridiculous over the past two seasons but I think it'll drop down to normalcy soon. I could see Modric going to Chelsea or United for 25-30m.

I honestly don't see United willing to spend that much for Modric.

GorillaJu

Also, I met my newest student today for English private lessons.

A professional booth babe. Boooosh. The lady friend is not very happy.

I agree. But still, they're desperate for a real class midfielder.

Salazar

Indeed. That's the Llorente money.

I agree. But still, they're desperate for a real class midfielder.

If we were truly fucked, we wouldn't be top of the league.

I am aware that it is a popular article of faith that this United side is a Wolves-standard rabble held above water by prejudiced refereeing and Evil Fergie's charisma.

GorillaJu

Indeed. That's the Llorente money.

If we were truly fucked, we wouldn't be top of the league.

If City didn't have an awful crash in form, you wouldn't be top of the league, either. I know it hurts to hear it from a Liverpool fan, but anyone with two eyes and a brain to move them can see that the midfield is where United's glaring weakness is.

Salazar

If City didn't have an awful crash in form, you wouldn't be top of the league, either. I know it hurts to hear it from a Liverpool fan, but anyone with two eyes and a brain to move them can see that the midfield is where United's glaring weakness is.

If we hadn't been unremittingly rogered by injuries, we would probably have won a fuckload more games.

*shades of doicare*

I know it must hurt like passing a kidney stone to concede it, but although we might not have the best midfield in the league any longer, we aren't awfully bad there.

Do we need a new midfielder ? Yes. Is there a midfield crisis ? No.

GorillaJu

If we hadn't been unremittingly rogered by injuries, we would probably have won a fuckload more games.

I know it must hurt like passing a kidney stone to concede it, but although we might not have the best midfield in the league any longer, we aren't awfully bad there.

Okay, but my point is, it would hurt a lot more if you had a decent CM besides Carrick.

When I said midfield I meant central midfield - obviously Nani, Valencia and Young are adequate for a title challenging team on the left and right.

All I'm saying is United's team is like a race car without a steering wheel. You've got the power, the brakes, yada yada, but no matter how fast you go you're goin in a straight line. A Silva, Mata, Modric, or what have you would be a pretty deadly finishing touch.

But you're right. What I'm really saying is, I think Wolves have a better side, it's just that Ferguson manipulates the refs and the media to give United more points. You're lucky there's a conspiracy to keep you from relegation.

Salazar

Team news

DeGea Rafael Evans Rio Evra Valencia Carrick Scholes Nani Rooney Welbeck. Subs: Amos Jones Giggs Smalling Park Chicha Young.

WHERE IS CLEV WHAT THE FUCK

Starting side is what I asked for, though.

GorillaJu

I concede that United will win this game fairly comfortably, but I'm still signing up for some Lolbeck. I hope to see no fewer than five shots go wildly astray in front of an open net.

Top Bottom