• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Some of his assists this season were Zidane

Back the fuck up, you are not putting that twat anywhere even in the vicinity of ZiZou!

Di Maria ain't fit to shine Zidane's boots.

Sacrilege.

Anyway I'm gonna stop my tirade, some people obviously have some time for him and think he's should be on the starting 11, fair do's, never going to agree on that one.

Nowhere close, he whiffed 2 pretty amazing chances and the pressure of the occasion got to him. He is an amazing sub to have but right now he is not ready to play full games, let along incredibly important ones. I feel pep was trying to rest fab/pique/alexis and to a lesser extent xavi for the CL game next week and that meant tello was put in the starting 11. It was a mistake.

I think in Pique case, that is not the reason. I really believe Pep is angry with Pique and his season performance. Pep was pretty pissed when a couple of journals asked about Pique.

Messi
olivia-wilde-wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-99.gif

Even better, the expression was kind of mine for 0.2 seconds after Ronnie tucked it into the onion bag for the winner! had to pinch myself that we had gone back in front!

Think Ozil deserves a night with Ms Wilde for his sublime pass!

Empty

i felt bad for tello. young kid whose only played a few games is suddenly put under a ton of pressure in a huge match and is now going to get the shit ripped out of him.

Messi

I think in Pique case, that is not the reason. I really believe Pep is angry with Pique and his season performance. Pep was pretty pissed when a couple of journals asked about Pique.

Yeah, he was fucking up badly there for a while and it was obvious he was not putting much effort in.

I am pretty pissed at how pep threw Tello to the wolfs today.

Zabojnik

The opposite will be a story the next day.

It's a done deal, it was always just about Raiola doing what he does. I can only hope that Juve were aware of that and played along in exchange for future favours / players from him, as much as I'd like nothing more for people like Raiola to fuck off and leave football alone.

Yeah, he was fucking up badly there for a while and it was obvious he was not putting much effort in.

I am pretty pissed at how pep threw Tello to the wolfs today.

It's not the first time he put some kid under to much preassure.

Although the biggest mistake Pep did was, IMO: too much midfielders!! Barça needed a DC reference up there.

defel

i felt bad for tello. young kid whose only played a few games is suddenly put under a ton of pressure in a huge match and is now going to get the shit ripped out of him.

I agree. From what I saw, in context, he has to be pretty pleased. He didnt play terribly, he looked dangerous at times and showed everyone what he can do. He had an opportunity to play against a pretty amazing Madrid as part of a pretty amazing Barca team so Im sure he'll benefit from that. Barca should have started Alexis but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd have lost anyway. I think they were missing something in the offensive midfield positions tonight. (confidence? Fitness? Something intangible)

I dont know why but I hope Madrid win the CL now. It would be awesome for a Madrid team who have lived in the shadow of Barca for a while now to beat them at their game in both the League and European Cup.
I dont care for Pepe or Sergio Ramos but to see Pepe lifting the CL trophy is a small price to pay I suppose

Lol, you must be new here.

Hehe, not at all, must be at least 8 years now I reckon, maybe more, don't post much these days but. Work is a bitch!

Just don't like people that try and turn threads into something they aren't hence the aside...I did have loads of posts in the many 'hot chick' threads there were back in the day before that shit got stamped out tho!

BTW, Madrid is the first team to win on Camp Nou in like.....a fuckton of matches (like 60 matches without Barça losing in his stadium, I feel bad for Fady lol)

Messi

Hehe, not at all, must be at least 8 years now I reckon, maybe more, don't post much these days but. Work is a bitch!

Just don't like people that try and turn threads into something they aren't hence the aside...I did have loads of posts in the many 'hot chick' threads there were back in the day before that shit got stamped out tho!

Its cool, we are all friends here. Except Yurt, he keeps showing up.

BTW, Madrid is the first team to win on Camp Nou in like.....a fuckton of matches (like 60 matches without Barça losing in his stadium, I feel bad for Fady lol)

That's the shit about records, the pressure builds, and the monkey has to be served sooner or later. I had a funny feeling we would win tonight when I heard the stat that Madrid had won 1 in 10 against Barca - that's the kind of imbalance that destroys worlds, the cosmos can't deal and will right itself!

It's a cool thing, ebb & flow - a bit like in Scotland right now with all the trouble Rangers are having - although the Celtic director is making noises like it doesn't affect them, any self-respecting Celtic fan will be shiting themselves of how shit things will be in Ranger's cease to exist.

Madrid / Barca is the same, and there has to be that ebb & flow to keep it interesting IMO.

Just look at Man U / Man City, for nearly 20 years they have been lopsided, but it's made the Premiership interesting again, however artifically.

When Messi is about this thread is pretty much a stealth hot girls thread anyway!

Madridy

Back the fuck up, you are not putting that twat anywhere even in the vicinity of ZiZou!

Di Maria ain't fit to shine Zidane's boots.

Sacrilege.

Anyway I'm gonna stop my tirade, some people obviously have some time for him and think he's should be on the starting 11, fair do's, never going to agree on that one.

Man, go watch some of his assists really. He had a crazy accurate outside foot assist for Ronaldo this season which reminded me of Zizou.

Please Watch this video: (Assist I'm talking about at 2:02)

Di Maria 2011/12 Assists

This is only the 1st half of the season. Again I'm not comparing him to Zidane (My favorite player of all time) since hes not even close to that level, but that doesn't devalue his importance to our team.

this thread is pretty much a stealth hot girls thread anyway

A OK with me, ain't nothin wrong with that!

Saint Iker's current girlfriend:-
sara+carbonero+iker+casillas.jpg

His EX:-
1200079788_3_ft13479_eva_gonzalez_035.jpg

Never has an image-inset been so appropriate. Who said striker's get all the hotties?

Edit - better pics of his EX
Eva+Gonzalez+Promotes+Jeans+Fashion+Day+Madrid+PSYCS8eNBysl.jpg

Eva_Gonzalez_035_display_image.jpg

His current burd is no slouch tho!

Anyone spoken out about what Mourinho's like in the dressing room?

He has a book out I think. Chelsea and Inter players talk about him there as far as I know. I'm not sure what he's like, but for him to make Materazzi cry like a baby because he was leaving Inter I suspect he must be someone really special with all the players.

Edit: I'd say he's the complete opposite of what you get to see of him publicly. Nearly every player loves him as both a coach and a person/friend. I've seen some players say incredible things about him, I would say he has to be a great guy personally. I believe a lot of what he does/says in conferences is just a game on its own.

defel

Mourinho is the very definition of Alpha male - everything about him. He commands complete respect from everyone. In those who he wants to fear him he inspires fear and in those whom he wants to follow him he inspires affection. So much of what makes him a great manager is outside of his tactical skill. Its his people management and motivational characteristics which breed success.

IceCold

He has a book out I think. Chelsea and Inter players talk about him there as far as I know. I'm not sure what he's like, but for him to make Materazzi cry like a baby because he was leaving Inter I suspect he must be someone really special with all the players.

Edit: I'd say he's the complete opposite of what you get to see of him publicly. Nearly every player loves him as both a coach and a person/friend. I've seen some players say incredible things about him, I would say he has to be a great guy personally. I believe a lot of what he does/says in conferences is just a game on its own.

Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13yVho02CGw

Mourinho getting tear eyes after Sneijder says he's the best coach in the world.

You can tell the players love the guy.

elsk

Banned
Nowhere close, he whiffed 2 pretty amazing chances and the pressure of the occasion got to him. He is an amazing sub to have but right now he is not ready to play full games, let along incredibly important ones. I feel pep was trying to rest fab/pique/alexis and to a lesser extent xavi for the CL game next week and that meant tello was put in the starting 11. It was a mistake.

I'll say this again: Cuenca, Tello, Pedro are average players. The only talented winger from La Masia right now is Deulofeu.

Even Valdés is a shitty goalkeeper IMO. He couldn't make it in a different club.
All those players look good because Barcelona knows how to play as a team, like Dortmund, so even if a players is shitty you don't really notice it that much.

I really respect the youth system of Barcelona, but trying to make it look like all the players are automatic starts is just stupid.

Top Bottom