• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Dibbz

Suprised Bayern are playing so well against Madrid. Expected it to be a lot more even but Real just can't keep the ball. Their midfield is non existent.

Kyoufu

Ronaldo has trouble against top teams. He gets criticised for not being involved against big clubs and it shows this game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
robben would make marcelo look a fool, I'm not suprised mourinho picked coentrao instead of him.

speedy wingers with good dribbling abilities=marcelo's Achilles heel

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WsAOn.png

not sure if serious
Don't ruin it.

Rad-

Ronaldo has trouble against top teams. He gets criticised for not being involved against big clubs and it shows this game.

I dunno. The ball just hasn't been played down his wing yet. Özil stayed on the right almost the whole half. Ronaldo was pretty much alone on the left wing. Well Coentrao helped him but he's useless. :lol

pappe

He always shone at united against top teams. But in real he hasn't been doing well in big games.

But to be fair he hasn't had good support in this game yet.

rodvik

Very surprised at Real. Interesting this is the first real quality opposition they have faced this year in the CL. They seem to be shocked by it.

K1LLER7

Ozil shouldn't be playing on the wing, his best positions through the middle, Di Maria's had the ball often in the middle but he needs to do more for me. Switch him and Ozil.

bud

Bayern have been so much better than Madrid.

I'd seriously think about taking off Ozil. Hes done nothing this game.

Madrid are losing the midfield battle. They need another CM in there.

uhm, why would you take off ozil? he's their only creative midfielder and he's given one or two excellent through passes to show that. it's khedira who's the problem. i never quite understood why they bought. he's one of the most vanilla midfielders out there.

Real Madrid counter attacking strategy isn't working. Never committing more than 4-5 players forward in each attack and being outnumbered by the Bayern defense + midfielders tracking back is hurting them. Bayern doing a much better job of getting their full backs forward into good positions and are rarely caught out because Di Maria and Ronaldo have to go with them. Coentrao/Arbeloa are scared to do the same. They should be able to get forward and have Khedira or Alonso cover for them, but they seem scared to do so because of the pace on both flanks. Ozil needs to do a better job of supporting Benzema in the final third. He is isolated against both centre halves otherwise.

Ozil shouldn't be playing on the wing, his best positions through the middle, Di Maria's had the ball often in the middle but he needs to do more for me. Switch him and Ozil.

Yes this, and if this isnt working get Özil off, he doesnt look like he's on his game tonight.

Rad-

uhm, why would you take off ozil? he's their only creative midfielder and he's given one or two excellent through passes to show that. it's khedira who's the problem. i never quite understood why they bought. he's one of the most vanilla midfielders out there.

Yeah I wouldn't take off Özil either but I would order him to stay in the center.

Blablurn

You're gonna win the CL, perfect time to cash in.

we have cash, this is why all our main players extended their contracts for at least 3-4 more years.

i remember when madrid wanted to buy ribery in 2009. there are rumors that bayern demanded 100m back then lol.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
who are they going to bring for ozil, if subbed? kaka? lol

I'd take out Khedira and put in Kaka, but that would mean taking out a defensive midfielder for an attacking one. could be risky against this bayern side. Xabi Alonso would not be able to cope with Bayern's midfield.

Clegg

Ozil is great when Madrid have good quality possession. And he has done a couple of good things this evening. But Madrid are conceding the midfield to Bayern. Ozil won't help win that back for them and I'm not sure Mou will want to take off Benzema or Higuain.

Blablurn

and what the fuck happened with badstuber in the last months??? holy shit! he's awesome. unfortunately we cannot say the same thing about boateng.

Pachimari

You couldn't be more WRONG with everything in your post.

who are they going to bring for ozil, if subbed? kaka? lol

I'd take out Khedira and put in Kaka, but that would mean taking out a defensive midfielder for an attacking one. could be risky against this bayern side. Xabi Alonso would not be able to cope with Bayern's midfield.
This is crazy.

And for your information, Kaka has been really great if not fantastic this season.

elsk

Banned
and what the fuck happened with badstuber in the last months??? holy shit! he's awesome. unfortunately we cannot say the same thing about boateng.

Yep, I don't know if Boateng got worse or what but he was very good in the start of the season. Maybe he looked good because Badstuber was so shitty.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
we have cash, this is why all our main players extended their contracts for at least 3-4 more years.

i remember when madrid wanted to buy ribery in 2009. there are rumors that bayern demanded 100m back then lol.

Shush you.

Robben-Cavani-Ribery next season. Believe.

Well, obviously we're kidding...you can keep Robben! We got Krasic baby!

bud

Ozil is great when Madrid have good quality possession. And he has done a couple of good things this evening. But Madrid are conceding the midfield to Bayern. Ozil won't help win that back for them and I'm not sure Mou will want to take off Benzema or Higuain.

that's because ozil was put on the wing and their midfield is weak, anyway. khedira is utterly terrible.

higuain is on the bench.

Clegg

that's because ozil was put on the wing and their midfield is weak, anyway. khedira is utterly terrible.

higuain is on the bench.

I meant Di Maria.

Ozil should either be in a more central position or not playing at all.

And Khedira is a very good midfielder.

It seems that Mou has changed his tactics now.

Top Bottom