• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

rififi

Casillas has yet to make a mistake, even on the penalty he guessed right.
I am so nervous right now, but at least Marcelo is playing fairly well.

Sealda

Banned
Regarding the Messi, Maradona and Pele comparison. I mean, 90 % of all people doing the comparison, never even saw Pele play. Also, basically all matches at that time was not broadcasted, beside world cups etc. Same with Maradona, who here actually watched Maradona more than at most in the world cup. At Maradonas time, club football was broadcasted, but usually only domestic...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah I know, the Barca hate here is strong. Not surprised.
It's not Barça hate. It's hate at some people's perception that Barcelona has some sort of God-given right to play the one true football while decrying defencive approaches as negative and cynical. It doesn't work that way.

iHeWJ2afHRMbO.gif

Empty

such a good game. has potential to go up there with the united - real 4-3 in my favourite cl games if the second half stays the same.

Wilbur

Banned

I think it's just because Meus has been crying all night about Chelsea's performance yesterday. I don't know why you can't just say 'well done Chelsea, you successfully kept us out and won'

Arnie

I feel so spoilt watching this game after last night. Footballs fucking awesome. Hope bayern grab another goal for the good of the game.

Regarding the Messi, Maradona and Pele comparison. I mean, 90 % of all people doing the comparison, never even saw Pele play. Also, basically all matches at that time was not broadcasted, beside world cups etc. Same with Maradona, who here actually watched Maradona more than at most in the world cup. At Maradonas time, club football was broadcasted, but usually only domestic...

All I know is those balls in Pele day were rock solid. They weren't so easy to move around, Messi would break his foot on one.

RaGe_pt

Bayern has everything to go through. They look like they are better physically now than Madrid. Let's see if the second half is at the same quality level as the first one.

bud

i can't believe madrid are playing so terrible, btw--they're playing in their own stadium and they're doing nothing but trying to counter-attack. bayern are playing really well, but their defence looks shaky.

I think it's just because Meus has been crying all night about Chelsea's performance yesterday. I don't know why you can't just say 'well done Chelsea, you successfully kept us out and won'
BTW do you know how good Arsenals game vs Barca was? Let me find a video of it for you.

I feel so spoilt watching this game after last night. Footballs fucking awesome. Hope bayern grab another goal for the good of the game.
Think it's better for the game if Madrid score next. Bayern score and Madrid need 2. Bayern will sit back if that happens.

fuenf

Bayern has everything to go through. They look like they are better physically now than Madrid. Let's see if the second half is at the same quality level as the first one.

but they look ultra nervous :( they have to get their nerves under control

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's not Barça hate. It's hate at some people's perception that Barcelona has some sort of God-given right to play the one true football while decrying defencive approaches as negative and cynical. It doesn't work that way.

when did I say Barcelona's style is the only way to play the game? I want a football match with both teams attacking going all out, which is what I'm getting here in this Bayern/Madrid. yesterday match was awful and only the most cynical and chelsea fans enjoyed it.

this match is what CL is all about, great teams going on the attack. Yesterday was shitty, regardless if Barcelona got eliminated. You can't say with a straight face that match was entertaining.

Top Bottom