• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

What the hell. Danish tv studio in the break

Schmeichel: "I should have taken more pills today cause this game is crazy"
Elkjær " Well we have taken plenty"

Is it just Barca and Arsenal fans saying this?

Both teams the ones that deserves to win this, maybe even moral champions. Guess they really want their old captain to win something and not become the next Ballack.

Kyoufu

when did I say Barcelona's style is the only way to play the game? I want a football match with both teams attacking going all out, which is what I'm getting here in this Bayern/Madrid. yesterday match was awful and only the most cynical and chelsea fans enjoyed it.

this match is what CL is all about, great teams going on the attack. Yesterday was shitty, regardless if Barcelona got eliminated. You can't say with a straight face that match was entertaining.

I agree, the game was shit but that's football. Chelsea won legit, no matter how shit it looked.

when did I say Barcelona's style is the only way to play the game? I want a football match with both teams attacking going all out, which is what I'm getting here in this Bayern/Madrid. yesterday match was awful and only the most cynical and chelsea fans enjoyed it.

this match is what CL is all about, great teams going on the attack. Yesterday was shitty, regardless if Barcelona got eliminated. You can't say with a straight face that match was entertaining.
I think it was entertaining just because of the underdog story.

But yes, the football itself was not entertaining. The match was entertaining though.

Wilbur

Banned
You can't say with a straight face that match was entertaining.

HAAAAAAA

Of course it was! Chelsea coming from two goals down, Messi hitting the post twice, Terry kneeing people in the back, Torres scoring, the hilarity of Barcelona passing 411 times across the penalty box?

Fucking brilliant entertainment.

Oh man, the reactions like this are nearly as good as winning the game.

Him, Valdes and Terry would make the Dumbass XI.

You can add Kalou to that too. Not that he ever kicks someone down randomly or anything, he's just dumb.

Talon

There's more than one way to get a result.

Chelsea exemplified grit and heart in pulling together with a rag tag back four and denying Barca. Was it negative football? Absolutely. Is it parking the bus? Yes. But they had to get the result, and they managed to do it.

I wonder if this will renew cries for a true point man for Barca, specifically for European matches.

Salvadora

HAAAAAAA

Of course it was! Chelsea coming from two goals down, Messi hitting the post twice, Terry kneeing people in the back, Torres scoring, the hilarity of Barcelona passing 411 times across the penalty box?

But did you see the possession stats?

LegoArmo

I thought the Chelsea game last night was very entertaining and tense. I appreciate good defensive play though, I'm crazy like that. Heart, fight... the ability to tackle. That kind of thing.

Kyoufu

There's more than one way to get a result.

Chelsea exemplified grit and heart in pulling together with a rag tag back four and denying Barca. Was it negative football? Absolutely. Is it parking the bus? Yes. But they had to get the result, and they managed to do it.

I wonder if this will renew cries for a true point man for Barca, specifically for European matches.

They should sign RVP and get it over with.

Real Madrid 2-1 Bayern Munich (3-3) HT

1-0 Ronaldo (p)

untitled-4yrb56.gif
untitled-5v7ax0.gif

2-0 Ronaldo

untitled-8uvb9x.gif
untitled-666xid.gif

2-1 Robben (p)

untitled-7qgz3z.gif
untitled-2vfkev.gif

untitled-3s6jvq.gif

Rad-

Other than the 2 Ronaldo goals, Madrid has been a bit quiet so far. If they can't gear up for second, I think Bayern will get this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

I am neither a Barcelona nor a Chelsea fan and I thought yesterday was one of the best football matches I've ever witnessed.

Fanfare aside, the Champions League is not a tournament of exhibition matches where the most visually arresting style or impressive passing is granted the cup. It's a competition, and you should play to win. And if parking the bus in front of goal for ninety minutes gives you more possibilities to win than going all-out then you should embrace that.

Wilbur

Banned
But did you see the possession stats?

oh yer lol

I thought the Chelsea game last night was very entertaining and tense. I appreciate good defensive play though, I'm crazy like that. Heart, fight... the ability to tackle. That kind of thing.

I think it's mad that people don't. Like I say, Inter a few years ago is the most impressive performance I've ever seen, and against a better Barca than now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I agree, the game was shit but that's football. Chelsea won legit, no matter how shit it looked.

I don't question they going through, it's obvious they won fair and square. I just don't like parking the bus tactics. it doesn't take some coaching genius to do that, just disciplined players that buy into their role that's it. I don't get how 10 men behind the ball suddenly means it's incredible game from a tactical point of view.

I am neither a Barcelona nor a Chelsea fan and I thought yesterday was one of the best football matches I've ever witnessed.
it was only good because barcelona was in it and they got eliminated. if it was any other team you would have been bored stiff. I would've turned off the tv for sure.

Chelsea defended magnificently last night. They wanted it more than the Barca players, and that's what the sport is all about.

This game. I think I'm about to puke.

Lightning

Banned
Not all Arsenal fans are saying that... Meus letting the side down.
So if Arsenal needed a draw in our next match you would be happy i RVP played left back and we defended with out entire side in our own half behind the ball? Because that's what Chelsea did.

Credit to them for winning and beating Barca against the odds but that's all they get credit for. Their tactics were pathetic...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't question they going through, it's obvious they won fair and square. I just don't like parking the bus tactics. it doesn't take some coaching genius to do that, just disciplined players that buy into their role that's it. I don't get how 10 men behind the ball suddenly means it's incredible game from a tactical point of view.
Because it pointed out the weaknesses in the attacking team's tactics: they just didn't have a plan B. Barcelona was just as culpable as Chelsea in how the match turned out.

Wilbur

Banned
So if Arsenal needed a draw in our next match you would be happy i RVP played left back and we defended with out entire side in our own half behind the ball? Because that's what Chelsea did.

Against Barca then it's better than letting in 4 like you did and claiming moral victories

Salvadora

Credit to them for winning and beating Barca against the odds but that's all they get credit for. Their tactics were pathetic...

Why was it pathetic? They won. If it would get Arsenal a win of course I would.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
it was only good because barcelona was in it and they got eliminated. if it was any other team you would have been bored stiff. I would've turned off the tv for sure.
>>implying I give a fuck about Barcelona going through or not

Neutrals rooting for the underdog? well i say!

GQman2121

Banned
HAAAAAAA

Absolutely. I went into cardiac arrest on two different occasions last night. How anyone but bitter Barca supporters could say that wasn't entertainment is beyond me. They had 80% of possession. 80%. If they weren't entertained they should probably look in the mirror for their answer why.

Sanjay

I hate cheating teams like this, shooting from out side the box, such low level tier football. Now yesterday was perfection where both teams were competing to only score in the box.

Top Bottom