• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Sanjay

untitled-18zdkmw.gif

Hate penalty shoot-outs. Game decided over a 50/50 penalty shoot out.

It's also not fair going penalties against German oppositions.

This final should be great. Go Bayern, let England's Brave John Terry's tears feed your strength. Crazy they will be playing the final at home.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Bayern was the better team in both legs and deservedly won. Can't really say the same about the other side of the draw but that's the game.

panty

It wasn't his best penalty but it was a great save from Neuer, same with Kaka's

I'd hardly call it choking. He did have a very poor 2nd half though.

It was quite obvious he was tired as hell. Can't blame them, except those weren't that good penalties.

I just hope this doesn't affect their games in La Liga.

Congrats Bayern. Please for the love of god turn on dat beast mode and smash Chelsea. PLEASSSEEEEEEE.

Bayern got quite a few players suspended today too, didn't they? I REALLY BELIEVE NOW. Chelsea will win that trophy and Terry doesn't even get to lift the trophy, redcafe dreamed of this yesterday and it's happening now.

Carbonox

Calling it now:

Chelsea park the bus and then win by an away goal.

Parking the bus is always weak to sniper fire. Bayern aren't going to be pussies like Barcelona and try and walk it in.

Chelsea will actually have to play more open and attacking football if they want to win, which won't be pretty with their tattered squad.

BAYERN GOT THIS.

Wilbur

Banned
Commiserations to Real, such a fucking effort to play so many big games in a week

But congratulations Bayern! Happy for you guys in the thread. Please do Chelsea, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Who am I kidding, Chelsea have got this

rodvik

Amazing. What a Champions League this year! Cant wait for the final, so many missing players should be wide open!

Awesome. Tough luck Real. Always tough to go out like that.

rififi

I don't know what to say or feel. So close. Casillas did his job like usual, but still not enough.

Congrats to Bayern though, it was a fair and good semi-final. I'll be rooting for you guys in the final (if Madrid go out, at least I hope they went out to the eventual champions).

Randdalf

I know it's been booked and everything, but doesn't it seem slightly unfair that Bayern Munich will be playing at home? I mean, in the interests of fairness, they should surely move the final to some neutral stadium elsewhere.

Noirulus

Casillas is our hero. Mediocre shots by Ronaldo and Kaka practically sealed Bayern's fate yet he defied all odds and had us back in it.

I haven't eaten all day and lost my appetite even further after that shot by Ramos..

Go_Ly_Dow

Chelsea must not win the Champions League.

A London club must not win the Champions League.

Bayern Munich must win the Champions League.

K1LLER7

Congrats Bayern gaf, better team went through IMO. Chelsea got a better chance with bayerns players missing too.

No spanish teams in the final, couldn't predict that.

Most of the penalties were quite poor.

Schewini's was the only emphatic one.

Bayern deserved it, better team over both legs.

Why was Ramos taking the penalty?

rififi

Anyone have a gif of Mourinho after Kaka's miss? it looked like he was about to cry, eyes got all red and watery (exactly how I felt).

I know it's been booked and everything, but doesn't it seem slightly unfair that Bayern Munich will be playing at home? I mean, in the interests of fairness, they should surely move the final to some neutral stadium elsewhere.

Manu lost in England last year. Wasn't at the OT but still.

It's an advantage, but as these semi-finals showed, anything can happen.

Top Bottom