• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Moobabe

Parking the bus is always weak to sniper fire. Bayern aren't going to be pussies like Barcelona and try and walk it in.

Chelsea will actually have to play more open and attacking football if they want to win, which won't be pretty with their tattered squad.

BAYERN GOT THIS.

I thought we were FRIENDS!

keit4

Banned
EPL teams in EL & CL semis = 1
Bundesliga teams in EL & CL semis = 1
La Liga teams in EL & CL semis = 5

So yeah, EPL & Bundesliga > La Liga LOL

FootballFan

Congratulations Bayern!!!!
BAYYYERRNNNN

But..Bad luck to you Madridistas, I'd rather lose to an owngoal or like us against Chelsea than on penalties. Such a tense but lame way to end a game. Looks like mourinho will be staying.. *sigh*

EzaJM.jpg

Wow the final..who would have predicted. :lol

dc89

Piers Morgan and Patrick Vieira had a £1000 bet on tonights game, the loser donates the money to Great Ormand Street.

Vieira backed Bayern. He won, Piers is writing his cheque!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
dont fuck with germans on penalty shootouts those guys are beast. I remember when Argentina got eliminated by them in 2006 man, that was heartbreaking. these guys do not fuck.

My support for the final is now "for sale". Convince me.

Both teams have lost the final in recent years, both deserve it like crazy in my eyes.

I'm pulling for Chelsea, I just feel like that group of players has been together so long and guys like Drogba/Lamps/Cole (Terry not playing lmao) deserve it.

But I'm going to be happy with either team, just didn't want Barca and to a smaller extent RM.

pulga

Banned
Congrats Bayern fans in here. We didnt deserve to go through. The team played so shitily after the 2 goals. Ramos, youre a disgrace lol.

rodvik

EPL teams in EL & CL semis = 1
Bundesliga teams in EL & CL semis = 1
La Liga teams in EL & CL semis = 5

So yeah, EPL & Bundesliga > La Liga LOL

Only the final counts nyar nyar nyar nyar 8)

La Liga had a good run but now they can tuck in below Serie A as 4th best league 8)

Just funning ya. I am as amazed at these results as you. Makes football interesting though.

Wilbur

Banned
All the Madrid fans have been so gracious. It's nice to see :)

I think there's not enough emphasis being put on Madrid's physical and mental state tonight. To beat Bayern 2-1 and take them to penalties after their respective weekends is still a great achievement.

Next season with a hungry Madrid and Barca (and hopefully Man U) should be awesome. Considering they went 8 years without semis, Mourinho's done brilliantly

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Riiiiight. Madrid were playing a lot better than Bayern in extra time.

for 30 minutes, against 180 of bayern being better minutes?

bayern was going for the shootout once extra time kicked in, it was pretty obvious. they didn't shoot once during et.

Top Bottom