• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Gibson, Neville, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic. Subs: Mucha, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Cahill, Gueye, Barkley, Anichebe.

Nevill on the right? Better him there than on the middle, but I don't like him playing on the midfield. but looking at our bench, we don't have any choice, where is Coleman? Injured?

Ossie and peanut are in the wings I'm pretty sure.

faridmon

I still remember them clobbering Man United 6-2 after we clobbered Man United 5-0.

Good times.

They alwasy seem to score lot of goals or concede lot of goals. Matthew Le Tissier <3

Also, James Beatie and Kevin Philips was and probably is the best striker partnership in English football. those wer deadly. Damn good forward attackers came from that club, them, Alan Shearer, Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Walcott Lol

Kyoufu

They alwasy seem to score lot of goals or concede lot of goals. Matthew Le Tissier <3

Also, James Beatie and Kevin Philips was and probably is the best striker partnership in English football. those wer deadly. Damn good forward attackers came from that club, them, Alan Shearer, Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Walcott Lol

Shearer-Ferdinand was beast mode tbh. Shame Les left so quickly.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
What? From the way Osman have been playing, wasn't he situated in the middle? I am sure him and Fellaini were in the middle and Peanut was on the wing.

Drenthe is done for?

Maybe you're right. I don't know what is up with Drenthe. A week ago or so I thought I read he had disciplinary problems.

Wilbur

Banned
evra_2695411.jpg

Ugh

Marin said he rejected Spurs for Chelsea.

Glad to see Southampton in the premier league, can't believe Jos Hooiveld is going to play there next season and has been an important player for them all season, the guy was so shit here and looked like he could barely turn around in under 10 seconds.

faridmon

Maybe you're right. I don't know what is up with Drenthe. A week ago or so I thought I read he had disciplinary problems.

I hope Osman plays in the middle. He have been deadly in the past few games and it would be a waste to play him wide since he is useless there.

Do you know if Coleman is still injured?

Also, Phil Dowd is the referee...
/sigh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wooden...

Zamparini: "After hearing about my ban the Arabs have told me they want to suspend their investment until my position is cleared"

Scum

Wotcha, lads. Long late night/morning. Just woke up. Have we lost to Blackburn yet?

So Lambert, Rodgers, Adkins, McDermott... some good young British managers

Good shit! Time to drive out the Old Guard of managers.

From Twitter:

Barcelona have closed a deal with Valencia left back Jordi Alba for €13M. Transfer to be announced at end of season. (via gentevalencia)

Damn good deal
More good shit! 4-3-3, ahoy! Europe beware. :V

Alba to Barca, I see. But I thought all of La Liga was lining up for Sky's bestest player ever, Gareth Bale?

Seems quite cheap for someone I remember being touted as a very promising talent.

Marin's suffered injuries and inconsistency recently, but he's still one of the Bundesliga's top assist-makers over the past few seasons.

Unfortunately, United is linked with M'Vila, Kagawa and Hazard (along with everyone else) right now. Looking forward to us signing a street urchin from Kabul.

Choc

Banned
Why does Sky not cover these PL games? I like their coverage the most :(

the saturday 3pm fixtures are not live in England to make people go to the games.

I had this discussion with my wifes rellies when we were there in the UK. They were stunned we get 3pm matches live and not pay per-view on chelsea vs arsenal etc.

Moobabe

Marin? That was out of left field - though I was impressed with him at least internationally. Could be a good piece of business for us there.

COME ON WIGAN!

GorillaJu

I want Wigan to score a lot of goals. I don't care if it fucks up my Fantasy team, it fucks up my friend even worse. Krul + two Newcastle defenders. Bahahaha.

Top Bottom