• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

fuenf

I think Usami is overrated. He did good in couple of Osaka games and that does not mean he will be the next Kagawa or something. Even Ryu Miyachi seem to be more talented than him.

He definitely is talented but his troubles with Bayern are more about his athletic ability (physical strength) and tactical understanding. Kagawa on the other hand fit right in, didnt have the fierce competition for a first team place and had the neccessary strength to compete in the Bundesliga.

By the way, Italian-Gaf, i have a question: I have met two friendly Italian guys and we had drinks and stuff. One of them was from Genoa and the other one from Catania and both of them support Inter. I told them that Catania is doing fantastic this year and Genoa was doing great for the past 2 years, why don't you guys support your local club? They don't exactly play in Series C like Commo or something. They told me that they grew up with Inter.

Is it usual to support the big team in Italy and not support your local club?
Pretty usual. I live in a little city kinda near both Milan and Turin, and every single person that I've met and watch football support one of Juve, Milan or Inter/Torino, in this order.

My local club reached Serie B a long time ago (and this was their peak in around 100 years of history), and I know that they were really near to fail two years ago.

Edit: they failed in 2010.

faridmon

Pretty usual. I live in a little city kinda near both Milan and Turin, and every single person that I've met and watch football support one of Juve, Milan or Inter/Torino, in this order.

My local club reached Serie B a long time ago (and this was their peak in around 100 years of history), and I know that they were really near to fail two years ago.

Edit: they failed in 2010.

I can understand if your local team is in Serie C or even B. If your Club town is doing great in Seria A, why choose Inter of all teams? Seems bizarre.

That's like a person from Birmingham supporting Newcastle or Leeds...

Bumhead

Banned
I can understand if your local team is in Serie C or even B. If your Club town is doing great in Seria A, why choose Inter of all teams? Seems bizarre.

When was the last time Newcastle or Leeds won consecutive league titles or the Champions League?

Ridiculous comparison.

Five consecutive titles beg to differ.
Four consecutive titles. Two of which came from a championship without an actual opponent.

Maybe their local team was in Serie B when they decided which one they wanted to support.

faridmon

When was the last time Newcastle or Leeds won consecutive league titles or the Champions League?

Ridiculous comparison.

They said they supported them from their childhood. and their mid 30s. Do the maths
Maybe their local team was in Serie B when they decided which one they wanted to support.

Fair enough. Maybe I am looking at things with tainted frame as everyone here in Birmingham who is English supports either Birmingham or Aston Villa
Lol at West Brom

Marin to Chelsea? What the hell, man.

He didn't really play well at all at Bremen. I'm curious if he'll live up to his potential he seemed to have before he joined Bremen.

Langerak - Owomoyela, Subotic, Santana, Löwe - Kehl, Gündogan - Götze, Lewandowski, Perisic - Barrios

That's what I call a b team. Needs more Leitner, though.

GorillaJu

What a monster header that was from the Hull player. Too bad he was a just a tad too anxious and drifted offside. The defender wasnt even marking him, just bad luck and timing

The manager didn't want interviewing then just let him enjoy it

Now please can we get Geoff Shreeves telling Sam they haven't been promoted

Wilbury you forgot Kean

What is the west ham view of Sam?

I think theyll go up but still feel he's almost failed and should have done better

He's too over confidant in his own abilities - too many times this season we were ahead, only for Sam to do something drastic like taking a striker off or switching to a defensive formation, and then for the other team to come back and steal some points. However, whether it's the team finally getting used to how Sam wants them to play, or Sam realising that the fans won't ever be accepting of dull 'as little effort as necessary to win' long-ball play, overall I've been happy with how the team has performed in this last quarter of the season, we've appeared a lot more confidant and attacking minded and I hope we can carry that in to the play-off's.

If Sam gets us promoted or not, I'll be happy to keep him on because I don't think we'll get anyone better without looking to someone younger and relatively untested (Di Canio, the papers and some of the more rabid West Ham fans will scream), and we really need some stability. But either way, the 2 Daves are going to have to be prepared to spend big, namely because I wouldn't fancy this side's chances of staying up in the Premiership and because we'll be bound to lose some of our best players if we aren't promoted.

faridmon

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Gibson, Neville, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic. Subs: Mucha, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Cahill, Gueye, Barkley, Anichebe.

Nevill on the right? Better him there than on the middle, but I don't like him playing on the midfield. but looking at our bench, we don't have any choice, where is Coleman? Injured?

From Twitter:

Barcelona have closed a deal with Valencia left back Jordi Alba for €13M. Transfer to be announced at end of season. (via gentevalencia)

Damn good deal

GorillaJu

Apparently Jordi Alba's signed for Barca, €13m

evra_2695411.jpg

Top Bottom