• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

elseanio

I disagree, I think that side could beat Norwich, you've still got some experience to guide the rest (Gerrard, Agger, Reina, Downing)

It aint just about guiding them through it. The pace of the premier light is far ahead of reserve football. They physically wouldn't last the 90 minutes. All for them getting play time, but it should be from the bench. Dont think we should be conceding the league either. I want us to win our remaining league games no matter our current position. Don't wanna be heading into an FA Cup final on the back of 2 defeats

Lightning

Banned
Draw is not the best result but could have been worse. Wigan done us a massive favor today so overall not bad. I'll take it.

Now off to bed. Norwich at the Emirates next where only 3points will be good enough. No exceptions.

elsk

Banned
Marin to Chelsea eh? Not bad.

Btw, Bayern-GAF after this match all you agree Contento is the better option for the CL final?

scarybore

Bah, I've been dreading the Wigan game for weeks and it didn't disappoint. Wigan played well and deserve the win, but Newcastle were absolutely atrocious in the first half and handed the win to them on a plate. Classic Newcastle really.

Mr. Sam

Charlton are about to draw 2-2 away at Preston, after Preston drew level at 90 minutes. We were 2-0 up. I think the biggest factor for us this season has been, frankly, luck - not that we haven't worked hard and don't deserve the title. It's been an absolute grind against most teams, particularly in the second half. We've rarely been stylish and we've rarely been dominant. Powell needs to make some fundamental changes to the side if we're going to be competitive in the Championship next season.

Oh well. All the same, I'm looking forward to the trophy presentation at The Valley next Saturday, and hopefully we'll secure 101 points with a win against Hartlepool.

Garjon

And the ones on the bench and majority of the starters haven't exactly been winning games for us so why not take a gamble?

Either way, we need proper organisation in the box. Carragher has shown time and time again that he can't deal with aerial threats and now we're coming up against possibly the most lethal aerial team in the league. Our forwards had better get their scoring boots on, otherwise I predict yet another barrage of 'lollerpool' posts; I may join in at some point if it turns into a comedy show.

Maidenhead United needed to win and Havant&Waterlooville to drop points to avoid relegation. Maidenhead were 2-3 down and won 4-3, but H&W beat Staines 3-2 after being 2-1 down, with Staines having a man sent off at 2-2. Lame :(

Either way, we need proper organisation in the box. Carragher has shown time and time again that he can't deal with aerial threats and now we're coming up against possibly the most lethal aerial team in the league. Our forwards had better get their scoring boots on, otherwise I predict yet another barrage of 'lollerpool' posts; I may join in at some point if it turns into a comedy show.

That's my point exactly. Why start Carra when you have Coates? he has played very good this season when we have put him on? Why stunt the man's growth and let him rot on the bench. I bet Coates must be wondering why the fuck did I come here just to sit on the bench and watch someone who has played really bad get started ahead of me. he could have stayed in his old club and get games week in and week out.

Devil

Btw, Bayern-GAF after this match all you agree Contento is the better option for the CL final?

The only thing I actually thought about after this match on this matter is how much we will miss Alaba. Dat Nigerian-Filipino-Austrian.

More Nigerians need to migrate to Austria and find a Filipina to impregnate to produce these halfgods.

Why is Carragher starting while Skrtel is on the bench?

Skrtel's played all but one game I think this season, and mistakes have creeped back into his game in the last month or so. Worth giving him a rest, he'll be the most important player in the Cup final I think, because Spearing sure as fuck isn't gonna stop service getting to Drogba/Torres/Sturridge

The real annoyance is that Carragher's not even average now. He's bona fide shit, costing us a goal or two near enough every time he plays with a piece of sloppiness which in an ideal world would put to bed the theory that he's a good option because of his experience. Coates is superior in every way, and has huge scope for improvement.

spidye

The only thing I actually thought about after this match on this matter is how much we will miss Alaba. Dat Nigerian-Filipino-Austrian.

More Nigerians need to migrate to Austria and find a Filipina to impregnate to produce these halfgods.

oh, a new bayern fan. welcome :)

yes. he's freaking awesome and I think we don't need a lb if he remains his form.

Fuck this shit, hope the fans riots and checks to see if Zamparini really did eat his own balls. Mutti is certainly gone if Palermo doesn't turn this around. Bring on Budan, at least he seems to give a shit together with Migliaccio.

Top Bottom