• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Mr. Sam

Y'all should be watching Sheffield United versus Stevenage on Sky Sports 2. There's a GAFer who's a Wednesday supporter, I seem to recall.

Fry

Not recommended. Since he has no neck his head will just fall off.

ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif

Feorax

Suarez looks so much better coming off the right wing. It allows him to use his dribbling ability without having to worry about meeting hoards in the box. Also means we can push other players forward if he decides he wants to drop back and retrieve the ball himself.

Need GAF to answer a question for me regarding offside.

If you are on your own half but behind the last defender when the ball is kicked, are you considered onside or is that still offside?

Labadal

Not recommended. Since he has no neck his head will just fall off.

He deserves it after that awful free kick.

______

i looked up Bas Dost's stats at Heerenveen and damn, 41 goals in 62 games. 5 goals in 10 games for the Duth U21 team. Guy's only 22, future looking bright.

Yen

If you are on your own half but behind the last defender when the ball is kicked, are you considered onside or is that still offside?

You can't be offside in your own half. So Suarez should've been allowed to go on.

Kyoufu

Fuck you, Kyoufu. Just spilled my drink on my keyboard.

You're welcome :p

<3 Kyoufu. Don't you dare leave us next season :D

I won't! :D

You can't be offside if:

You receive the ball directly from a goal kick, a throw-in or a corner
You are in your own half of the pitch
You are level with the second last or last two opponents
You are level with or behind the ball
You are not actively involved in play

Hixx

I hope that's not the last time I see Gordon in a SAFC strip at the SoL :(

Class above Mignolet - decision making, handling, shot stopping, distribution... just a level above him in every way.

Scum

Damn that was some great stuff by Bertolo.

Spurs managed to get Cavani in some other save I had going, was amazing and always scored against my poor Southampton team. :(

He'll probably cost £30m, though. But I'm still tempted. Time for a clearout. :lol

Top Bottom