• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Cavani didn't celebrate. Good guy.

He won't celebrate against Palermo, but he has nothing against diving at every opportunity to fool the ref.
LLShC.gif

offshore

What'd you guys do to n'Zogbia? Has he been McLeished or just been bad this season?
Insomnia is a typical example of a player being vastly overrated. Though certainly having McLeish as his manager won't have helped.

Ironically, he also left us because he wanted to achieve a higher level of football. That's why he went to Wigan.

To be fair, we've conceded an own goal against Fulham in a completely innocuous Premier League match, not bottled it and thrown away the title to our noisy neighbours.

To be fair it's kind of funny that Liverpool are at this stage in the season with no hope of achieving anything in the league.

whereas clearly we are on the up

Pretty postive Liverpool will win the FA cup mind

Well if that before was a handball, so was this. Certainly wasn't a freekick for that cunt De Sanctis.

I agree 100% on this. VDV was like £10 million right?

Madrid were desperate to get him away, so desperate rumors had it they were looking to loan him to Copenhagen, lol. It was a one off deal.

flyover

I agree 100% on this. VDV was like £10 million right?

That's why you should often look to transfer in players from other leagues as a priority. They're such better value. I'm still bitter that nobody in the PL (read: Liverpool) made a play for Özil. Real got him so cheap, even though the hype on him was high.

That's why you should often look to transfer in players from other leagues as a priority. They're such better value. I'm still bitter that nobody in the PL (read: Liverpool) made a play for Özil. Real got him so cheap, even though the hype on him was high.

Apparently they are making that a priority now. Supposedly we put a bid in for Luuk de Jong, Gaston Ramirez and Rasmus Elm.

I've watched Gaston and Luuk play but I know nothing of Elm.

flyover

Apparently they are making that a priority now.

Yeah, that's good to hear. Not only good for Liverpool, but it's good for the league. I want it to be (or, depending on your opinion, stay) the best league in the world. And that means having the best players from everywhere.

Liverpool 0-1 Spearing&Kuyt

Kuyt has played himself out of the final team in this game so far, and out of the club over the season. Spearing is the luckiest person in the world in a way. If we had even a slightly viable alternative, he'd be nowhere near the squad for the final

Carroll and Coates are playing well at least

Feorax

Carroll is having a great game. Shame he's the only one.

Sterling should get half an hour at least. He could be exactly what we need to cut into the Fulham defence.

sohois

Liverpool really struggling to create anything with Maxi & Kuyt on the wings and Carroll upfront; both players cut in constantly which really clogs up the centre and makes it difficult to produce anything unless you have a player like Suarez in there. Also it doesn't help that Kuyt's level of play has generally been poor. At least the full-backs are getting forward well, really it would be nice to see Stirling sooner rather than later

So the real reason why these games aren't on TV? Sky have a Minority Report-style precog deep underneath the Soccer AM set who can determine what games are going to be shit/great, etc.

ATF487

Just got back from a final, looks like I haven't missed much though

This has been great the past two days, watching premier league games on basic cable. Steams are better than nothing but I much prefer sitting on my coach and not having to worry about sopcast fucking up

GQman2121

Banned
I haven't been watching today but I'm feeling good about Saturday. Hopefully, Bolton will give Spurs all they can handle and we put a hurting on Newcastle.

Top Bottom