• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

offshore

"Fabrice Muamba has confirmed that he will attend Bolton's Premier League fixture against Spurs on Wednesday night."

Great news, for the totally shameless reason that this might mean Bolton actually do something useful and not lose to Spurs.

Bolton's home record is abysmal.

Immobile netted one in Pescara's six-nil victory today. Forgot about that kid. Alright, send back Borriello unless we can get him for under €5m. €8m is quite a bit for a fourth string striker, basically.

Do we really think Matri has fallen out of favour with Conte? It just seems like he's been off his game so he plays prima punte who are in better form, like Quagliarella.

Wilbur

Banned
Fun fact he managed the team closest to me

Shame the gutter press won't give him a chance because he isn't their man

Your team is a real one though :( Carshalton Athletic are in the one below Blue Square South.

I dunno if he's the sort of lad we need. Probably not (him being a cunt and all :p)

Clegg makes a good point about wages and age. But he's too good to not be considered if available.

Fun fact: Roy Hodgson is racist.

In regards to his captain: "I will be searching for the white man for the job"

Terry confirmed

I'd take Alves too. But at 29 he's too old and will demand astronomical wages.

I think we'll sign a midfielder and a full back but they'll probably only be squad replacements. They'll strengthen our squad overall but have no impact on first 11. So we'll basically be back to where we started.

Kagawa would be a great signing if we could get him. But I have a feeling that we won't even put in a bid for him.

So do I. I think Fergie might think too lightweight or something stupid you know? Hopefully the marketing team dictate that transfer and do a Park.

We need a RB to challenge Rafael for first team place, a LB to assassinate Evra in his sleep and take over, a starting and back up CM (if it is to be assumed Fletcher won't ever be the same and Anderson will be the same as ever), a winger to take over Park and a striker to replace Berba.

Are the Clyne rumours still persistent?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Great news, for the totally shameless reason that this might mean Bolton actually do something useful and not lose to Spurs.

Bolton's home record is abysmal.

Our record at the Reebook is even worse. We never win there.

Clegg

So do I. I think Fergie might think too lightweight or something stupid you know? Hopefully the marketing team dictate that transfer and do a Park.

We need a RB to challenge Rafael for first team place, a LB to assassinate Evra in his sleep and take over, a starting and back up CM (if it is to be assumed Fletcher won't ever be the same and Anderson will be the same as ever), a winger to take over Park and a striker to replace Berba.

Are the Clyne rumours still persistent?
SAF knows that we need proper investment in midfield. Giggs and Scholes are on their very last legs so we need replacements for them. And not just a squad replacement either. We need a properly good midfielder that will start most games. In the next 2-3 years Giggs and Scholes will be gone and Carrick will be 33. That will leave us with Cleverley and Anderson as our only midfielders in their 20's. New blood in midfield is necessary. I'm not counting Pogba because he's probably leaving.

Some people think that Clyne has already decided to sign for United and that all he's waiting for is the transfer window to open. I'm not sure if we need a new winger or not. United probably have the best collection of wingers in the league so thats probably not an are that needs looking at. If we signed Kagawa then we could play him through the middle and wide on the left. Thats why I'd love to see us get him.

Wilbur

Banned
If you're from London, why do you support Manchester United. Plastic.

UsiJl.gif

SAF knows that we need proper investment in midfield. Giggs and Scholes are on their very last legs so we need replacements for them. And not just a squad replacement either. We need a properly good midfielder that will start most games. In the next 2-3 years Giggs and Scholes will be gone and Carrick will be 33. That will leave us with Cleverley and Anderson as our only midfielders in their 20's. New blood in midfield is necessary. I'm not counting Pogba because he's probably leaving.

Some people think that Clyne has already decided to sign for United and that all he's waiting for is the transfer window to open. I'm not sure if we need a new winger or not. United probably have the best collection of wingers in the league so thats probably not an are that needs looking at. If we signed Kagawa then we could play him through the middle and wide on the left. Thats why I'd love to see us get him.

So much work :( please spend 100 billion dollars Ferg

Feorax

LFC Team: Doni, Kelly, Coates, Skrtel, Aurelio, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll

Lol, gonna get battered off the park.

Also, got a bad feeling this means Carra is a nailed on starter for Saturday...

bjaelke

LFC Team: Doni, Kelly, Coates, Skrtel, Aurelio, Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll

That can't be real. I know the FA cup is important but come on...
Probably when we were title contenders/top 4 team. Good times man.

Last week?

Bumhead

Banned
We put an extra 6,000 tickets on for this Saturday's promotion decider today and they went within 3 hours. Probably quicker if the online stores hadn't kept crashing.

Means there's going to be a capacity 38,000/39,000 crowd at Hillsborough this weekend, which will be the biggest crowd of the football league season. All four sides of the ground will be packed with home fans (which is rare for a traditional, four sided ground) and we've stuck the travelling 300 Wycombe fans in the uncovered corner. I don't think I've ever seen us have all four sides of the ground before in over 20 odd years of watching us.

Going to be some fucking atmosphere. Should be an absolute carnival. Hopefully the boys can deliver. We're unbeaten in 13 and a win or any result better than United's will send us up.

HHHHHNNNNGGG, hopping between intense excitement and nerves right now.

dc89

Liverpool finishing mid table confirmed.

We put an extra 6,000 tickets on for this Saturday's promotion decider today and they went within 3 hours. Probably quicker if the online stores hadn't kept crashing.

Means there's going to be a capacity 38,000/39,000 crowd at Hillsborough this weekend, which will be the biggest crowd of the football league season. All four sides of the ground will be packed with home fans (which is rare for a traditional, four sided ground) and we've stuck the travelling 300 Wycombe fans in the uncovered corner. I don't think I've ever seen us have all four sides of the ground before in over 20 odd years of watching us.

Going to be some fucking atmosphere. Should be an absolute carnival. Hopefully the boys can deliver. We're unbeaten in 13 and a win or any result better than United's will send us up.

HHHHHNNNNGGG, hopping between intense excitement and nerves right now.

Go Sheffield Wednesday!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Immobile netted one in Pescara's six-nil victory today. Forgot about that kid. Alright, send back Borriello unless we can get him for under €5m. €8m is quite a bit for a fourth string striker, basically.

Do we really think Matri has fallen out of favour with Conte? It just seems like he's been off his game so he plays prima punte who are in better form, like Quagliarella.

Highlights: Pescara-Vicenza 6-0 .

Dat Verratti.

"If we could get him" lol

Just give us the €15m and take that clown.
I bet those comments were taken out of context/misstranslated*. And tbh, I can remember a few instances where Lewa made wrong decisions about attempting to score instead of passing the ball to Kagawa with him being in a more opportune position. But I'm sure it's not worse than with Barrios.
I still like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74fo6ZzuvMA
..look for a ginger afro :D

* edit: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25625567&postcount=843

Clegg

I'd like to see Carlos Queiroz back at United. He was a good tactician and would certainly be an improvement over Mike Phelan and his revealing shorts.

Top Bottom