• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

scarybore

untitled-8zjkh2.gif

Fuck me with a rotten baguette, incredible.

dc89

Thing which has me worried is the fact that no keeper could save those. That could easily be Hart....

Cisse limping!!!

My internet packed up tonight so couldn't stream the match. it's now back but running dog slow. Brother informs me we were shit and that Newcastle scored two good goals.

pulga

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT @ CISSE GOAL! HOOOOOOLY SHITTTT

Juve-GAF, hold me. I'm very nervous. Who are we playing the last 2 games?

flyover

Nice side effect of Spurs thrashing Bolton is that Wigan are that much closer to safety. They may be okay even if they can't grab another point -- though with matches at Blackburn and home against Wolves, they've got to get at least one...

FootballFan

I hate to be that guy but... Was that intentional?! Goddamn

I don't see how it can be unintentional. If he wasn't trying to score from there, then what was he doing kicking? I am about 95% sure he meant to score, if not, then where did he want that ball to go.

flyover

I don't see how it can be unintentional. If he wasn't trying to score from there, then what was he doing kicking? I am about 95% sure he meant to score, if not, then where did he want that ball to go.

Exactly. It was a deliberate shot. Even if it's not what he thought would happen, it's what he hoped would happen. Well done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HOLY FUCKING SHIT @ CISSE GOAL! HOOOOOOLY SHITTTT

Juve-GAF, hold me. I'm very nervous. Who are we playing the last 2 games?

Cagliari in a neutral ground (mostly Juventini though), and Atalanta at home.

AC Milan play Inter and Novara at home.

We can either win our two games or hope for an upset from Inter.

LegoArmo

Ball was meant to go near post, still a great effort but he sliced it. Definitely meant to score.

GQman2121

Banned
That was no fluke. That was always a shot. Why the shit else would he be teeing off from that position? Calling it a fluke devalues the accomplishment, which is certainly not fair to such a class player. Completely different story though if it was Sammy. :p

Here's a fun stat:

Chelsea have now lost 18 PL matches in their last two seasons. They had lost only 23 times in their previous six PL seasons going back to when Jose Mourinho took charge of the club. (Infostrada)

We can't defend nearly as well as we used to. Old age is a bitch too. :(

flyover

Should it become an issue at season's end, Tottenham currently have goal differential over Chelsea and are one behind Arsenal.

Top Bottom