• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong in admiring him on youtube. Lad is gorgeous.

You and Kyoufu have some low ass standards when it comes to man crushes.

xIKxA.jpg
FttLD.jpg

MEciD.jpg

GorillaJu

Cavani is a man's mancrush. His swagger is godlike.

and on Sunday Robert Mugabe added his own name to that role of honour. Speaking to the former Zimbabwe and Portsmouth ace Benjani Mwaruwari at the player's testimonial in Harare – the striker's career considered worthy not just of a single match, but an entire two-day festival – the despot revealed: "I am a Chelsea and Barcelona supporter and I always want them to score."

No wonder Fady's been absent lately. Busy dictating?

elseanio

From BBC

1040 FOOTBALL Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins says no approach has been made from Liverpool to speak to manager Brendan Rodgers. He says reports this morning saying that Rodgers will meet with Liverpool's owners over their vacant managerial position is just "pure speculation". A statement is also expected later to end the speculation.

dc89

Dunno if already posted but today a decision will be made which will dictate the future of English football and how the youth game is played.

Today will determine if we can possibly catch up to the rest of Europe in a generations time or if we fall even further behind.

BBC's Dan Roan also re-tweeted me about the state of youth football in England, hopefully I can get some more followers I can spread my propaganda to.

Yen

Dunno if already posted but today a decision will be made which will dictate the future of English football and how the youth game is played.

Today will determine if we can possibly catch up to the rest of Europe in a generations time or if we fall even further behind.

Que? Is to allow Klingons to play in England?

Wilbur

Banned

BBC's Dan Roan also re-tweeted me about the state of youth football in England, hopefully I can get some more followers I can spread my propaganda to.

Even a positive outcome will mean 30 more years of mediocrity. But good to see anyway.

Too old for your tastes.

Fine I'll fuck Phil Jones and be done with it

Wilbur

Banned
this thread,...the summer break isn't doing wonders for you guys!

Off season is the perfect time to discuss homoerotic fantasies. If I hear Kagawa signs on the dotted line any time soon I'm going to make wank shrines and everything.

I want some managerial appointments. Roma, Lazio, Villa and Liverpool. Please. Give me something to talk about other than blowing old men.

dc89

Que? Is to allow Klingons to play in England?

No.

Basically at the moment we have U-10's playing on full sized pitches, 11v11. That's bad for so many reasons, pitch too big, not enough time on the ball cause it's kick and rush, how does a 9 year old defend a full sized goal when they will need a step ladder to touch the cross bar?

The proposal is until you are 9 you play either 5 a side or 7 a side and then at 13 you play 9v9 on a smaller pitch. 14 year olds then step up to full sized pitches. This is what the Spanish and the Dutch do.

When you look at the top national sides in Europe they coach there kids how to pass, how to control the ball, how to pass under pressure, how to defend under pressure etc, hence why they are so much better technically than England. You can't do that with 9 year olds on a full sized pitch, where they have all that space to just kick and rush and sprint about.

I remember playing at U15 level, it was manageable on a full sized pitch then but then there is the factor the facilities in this country are not good enough. In the summer the pitches were baked hard, no grip, not seen water for weeks and people got seriously injured.

Also at the minute you have Mum's and Dad's doing their bit to try and help coach. But they have no coaching qualifications. They are not checked upon by a FA approved coach, they are just left to get on with it.

The whole grassroots needs a overhaul.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eden hazard ‏@hazardeden10
"good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks"

I would love nothing more than to see him lick the bench of a big team soon.

Messi, who is that in you avatar?

Dude..

Charlize Theron!

PaulLFC

So now Swansea have apparently said we haven't approached them about talking to Rodgers again. It's "pure speculation" - just like 99.9% of anything the media are reporting about our new manager.

As long as it seems to be taking, I'm actually quite pleased at how well FSG seem to be keeping things under wraps. Despite all the reports and rumours, the only thing we know for sure up to now is that John Henry had a coffee with Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom