• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

I actually reckon it's Chelsea for Hazard considering all the rumours popping up about his agent going to London and then this status the morning after. Seems likely and if it's true, Chelsea are going to have one of the best attacking 4's in the country.

Torres, Marin, Hazard, Mata is quite a scary thought.

I would love nothing more than to see him lick the bench of a big team soon.

Not directed at you, just generally all the Hazard hate : People need to get their sticks out of their ass, don't listen to too much of the English medias and their bullshit, they allow for quite a bit of creative freedom when translating his interviews.

I actually reckon it's Chelsea for Hazard considering all the rumours popping up about his agent going to London and then this status the morning after. Seems likely and if it's true, Chelsea are going to have one of the best attacking 4's in the country.

Add Hulk to the list and we are ready. Marin as a sub/rotation player.

They'll snap up Hulk too!

Wilbur

Banned
Not directed at you, just generally all the Hazard hate : People need to get their sticks out of their ass, don't listen to too much of the English medias and their bullshit, they allow for quite a bit of creative freedom when translating his interviews.

Eden Hazard's Twitter account owned by the Daily Mail

I'm sorry, but Liverpool fans (odd_morsel) need to get off that Klopp crack pipe. No disrespect..
There is no way in hell he's going to Liverpool, there is not even a whiff of a rumor in the German media about it.

Why should he go to Liverpool?

Challenge reasons?
- He'd go from having a good shot at the championship to almost having no chance of ending up in the top3
- Obviously, in regards to the next season, he'd have to settle for EL instead of CL (maybe even for a few years to come)
- His top player (Götze) just extended his contract while he additionally got Bundesliga's top player of the season (Reus)
- Yes, it would pose a challenge to convert Liverpool into a top side again, but he'd have to restructure the team from the ground up and that would take at least 2 seasons, which would be Liverpool's 4-5th season of mediocrity? Would the top brass stand by him throughout the process? Is he going to take the chances without knowing your top brass or whatever medial and public pressure are on a Liverpool manager?

Financial reasons?
- He just signed a new contract (extended till 2016) right before that manager salaries table came out, so those numbers on his salary (of approx. 2m) could very well be outdated
- Besides that, money shouldn't be an issue for Dortmund, the Reus transfer was paid for from the long-term funds, beyond that we are going to sell Barrios & Kagawa for some 25-30m altogether. Our revenue is close to 200m while the player salaries are around 45-50m (without bonuses) and there is no debt besides long-term obligations on which you'd have to pay a premium if you were to settle them before they're due.
- He is the heart & soul of the team, before we'd let him go (for financial reasons), we'd sell Götze, Lewandowski and then some to keep him around, lol

Personal reasons, career reasons?
- One of the reasons for his success are Dortmund scouts and our "sporting manager" (in charge of transfers) Zorc, who was a Dortmund legend as player and then went into management. There is a symbiotic relationship between them and there is no guarantee he's going to have that elsewhere
- His English is pretty bad and basically amounts to "school English" (as indicated by the int. media's questions in the press conferences.) Besides that, did we ever see a (successful) German manager in England? The tabloids would RAPE & PILLAGE him, "HITLER KLOPP COMETH"
- His career seems almost predetermined at this point, he will most likely become the Bundestrainer (national coach) - that's probably the only safe bet for him to advance his career and what the German public wants out him too
- And as somebody already said, he wants/needs to prove himself with Dortmund on the int. stage before attempting the next step.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see Hazard getting headbutted by Zidane while, at the same time, a whorish looking woman in high heels kicks him in the groin.

/edit

(...)
Add Hulk to the list and we are ready. Marin as a sub/rotation player.
That'd be sick. Poor Marin... :O

LegoArmo

I just woke up. Is there going to be another match fixing scandal in Italy? I saw a Lazio player has been arrested and they're questioning others?

Yen

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
I am led to believe Eden Hazard announces his future at 5pm UK time tonight.

Eden Hazard's Twitter account owned by the Daily Mail

Nah but even more respectable english papers starts writing headlines like "Hazard demands number 10". Then reading the quotes he says "of course it's a dream to play in the 10'er role with 10 on my back", it's pathetic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just woke up. Is there going to be another match fixing scandal in Italy? I saw a Lazio player has been arrested and they're questioning others?

In Serie B.

A Lazio - Lecce/Genoa(?) game is being investigated though.

It all points to Italy winning the Euros btw :p

They're going to shut us down for E3 aren't they? :(

1266366844629.jpg

We're just going to invade the gaming side & post in the FIFA 12 thread, problem solved.

Ser på Bendtner
Det ventes dog at flere klubber er til stede på Imtech Arena for at se nærmere på Nicklas Bendtner.

Angriberen har kontrakt med Arsenal endnu to sæsoner, men han skal have en ny, udfordring gerne i et nyt land efter lejeaftalen med Sunderland.

De tyske mestre fra Borussia Dortmund leder efter en back up for topscorer Lewandowski, fordi Lucas Barrios er rejst. Storklubben menes at have en føler ude efter den danske landsholdsspiller, men endnu er interessen ikke særlig konkret..

Det er dog ventet, at sportschef Michael Zorc vil være blandt de 51.000 tilskuere på Imtech Arena.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/landsholdsfodbold/em2012/article1766161.ece

It says that Dortmund's Zorc was scouting Bendtner vs Brazil........or was he scouting...
Eriksen?! lol, probably not. Whateves, Klopp will get Bendtner in shape.

Bet it's not even announced this evening.

Must surely be Chelsea then, would fit in line with ydays rumours his agent was in Chelsea ironing out details in his contract.

Can't wait for Hazard to tell us he's supported Chelsea all his life!

LegoArmo

UnitedGAF suicide pact if he signs for Chelsea?

I let myself get my hopes up, like an idiot. I'm Shinji all the way now!

Then he'll sign for Arsenal.

UnitedGAF suicide pact if he signs for Chelsea?

I let myself get my hopes up, like an idiot. I'm Shinji all the way now!

Then he'll sign for Arsenal.
I never really got my hopes too high, only for a day or so.

I'd be very surprised if its United, I can't imagine us letting a player announce this kind of thing himself. (Plus it's just too expensive a deal for us to afford).

Wilbur

Banned
It's funny how AVB's ideal team might be coming to fruition after he gets sacked.

Courtois - Bertrand, Luiz, Cahill, Van der Wiel - Romeu, Ramires - Mata, Hazard, Hulk - Sturridge

WJD

I never really got my hopes too high, only for a day or so.

I'd be very surprised if its United, I can't imagine us letting a player announce this kind of thing himself. (Plus it's just too expensive a deal for us to afford).

Dunno about that last part; it seemed like we were more than willing to splurge £30m on him and £100k+ wages, too.

Shame though, he'd have been the perfect number 7.

Dunno about that last part; it seemed like we were more than willing to splurge £30m on him and £100k+ wages, too.

We could probably afford it but that would be most of the budget gone. The recent figures were very bad, it would be unexpected for us to spend close to £50m this summer.

It says that Dortmund's Zorc was scouting Bendtner vs Brazil........or was he scouting...

I would be totally okay if we get Bendtner and Schieber. We'd probably pay less for both than for de Jong/Guidetti/whoever and I'm pretty sure Klopp would at least get the best out of one of them.

Wilbur

Banned

Kagawawawawawawawawa

michael owen signs a new contract

WJD

We could probably afford it but that would be most of the budget gone. The recent figures were very bad, it would be unexpected for us to spend close to £50m this summer.

You're probably right, but if we're willing to spend £50m on De Gea, Young and Jones one summer, surely we can match it again?

Hixx

When was the last time there was this much of a fanfare for a player announcing their future?

They're going to shut us down for E3 aren't they? :(

They moved popular OT topics to Gaming side last time iirc

Dunno if we will count this time...

You're probably right, but if we're willing to spend £50m on De Gea, Young and Jones one summer, surely we can match it again?
I guess but we sold a few players too, net spend was about £35m last summer. I'd expect the same this summer, in which case it's probably wise not to spend all of it one player who doesn't actually plug the most gaping hole in our team.

Still not linked to any CM''s.

I would be totally okay if we get Bendtner and Schieber. We'd probably pay less for both than for de Jong/Guidetti/whoever and I'm pretty sure Klopp would at least get the best out of one of them.
True. I think Schieber has a huge potential and will excel in Dortmund. Not so sure about Bendtner ;(
I'd rather we got Schieber and some old ass who's always good for a goal (Pizza).
Eriksen would be a cool option if Kuba decided to leave us, although I'd rather keep Kuba (if he can conserve his form).

WJD

I guess but we sold a few players too, net spend was about £35m last summer. I'd expect the same this summer, in which case it's probably wise not to spend all of it one player who doesn't actually plug the most gaping hole in our team.

Still not linked to any CM''s.

Definitely the most worrying thing so far...

Then again, the transfer window isn't even open yet.

fuenf

I can already picture Bendtner destroying the Bundesliga, scoring a double hattrick against Bayern. The BVB system is just too good!

bjaelke

"Swansea have confirmed they have had a bid of £6.8million for Gylfi Sigurdsson accepted."

"Personal terms also agreed with Sigurdsson."

steal

fuenf

True. I think Schieber has a huge potential and will excel in Dortmund. Not so sure about Bendtner ;(
I'd rather we got Schieber and some old ass who's always good for a goal (Pizza).
Eriksen would be a cool option if Kuba decided to leave us, although I'd rather keep Kuba (if he can conserve his form).

Pizza always good for a goal? He had a hot start last season but didnt light the world on fire after the beginning of november: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/claudio-pizarro/leistungsdaten/spieler_532.html

Well, yeah, I wouldn't be sad if we didn't sign Bendtner but I guess he could be a good option. Depends on how it looks with Lewandowski's new contract. If he stays, Lewy, Schieber and Ducksch would be enough for me.

I only heard good things of Eriksen but I don't really want him. Götze, Reus, Leitner, Gündogan, Bittencourt and Amini in the second team, we really could spend money better than on another CM lol

I can already picture Bendtner destroying the Bundesliga, scoring a double hattrick against Bayern. The BVB system is just too good!
Ya, maybe. Although he'd probably rather be used for teams that park the bus, while Lewandowski (and then Schieber after Lew. leaves) will be employed vs. stronger teams. Only strikers with a good tech. ability can participate in/advance those fast counter attacks.

Pizza always good for a goal? He had a hot start last season but didnt light the world on fire after the beginning of november: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/claudio-pizarro/leistungsdaten/spieler_532.html
Yeah, but that's in Bremen, this quota is more or less consistent with Bremen's exploits + he got injured at some point. He's got one of the best goals per game quotas in the Bundesliga.

Wilbur

Banned
"Swansea have confirmed they have had a bid of £6.8million for Gylfi Sigurdsson accepted."

"Personal terms also agreed with Sigurdsson."

steal

I wonder if he picked Swansea over other clubs. You think at that price Liverpool/Spurs/Newcastle would have matched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom