• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Cunt is banned?

How do I describe Nasri now?

2670.jpg

little whore

GorillaJu

Sid Lowe ‏@sidlowe

Still a lot of Llorente questions. The answer to early all of them is: "no." Check my TL for more if you fancy. Cheers.

Why is it that Arsenal seems to be the most common subject of Twitter lies?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yet they finished 3rd in the league. Where does that leave everyone else?

The thing is that Arsenal came third because of one player (two if you count, Arteta, three if you count Martin Fulop). His one-off goal haul was enough to get them into 3rd by one point and no goals and it papered over every single weakness. For the majority of the season, Arsenal have been defensively atrocious. That they could have the top scorer on their side and still not have a better GD than the 4th placed team is pretty telling.

The thing is that Arsenal came third because of one player (two if you count, Arteta, three if you count Martin Fulop). His one-off goal haul was enough to get them into 3rd by one point and no goals and it papered over every single weakness. For the majority of the season, Arsenal have been defensively atrocious. That they could have the top scorer on their side and still not have a better GD than the 4th placed team is pretty telling.
Pretty grim news for every other team below them then who relied on a whole team.

dschalter

tons of games are decided by errors from defenders or keepers, that was just one of many. as for arsenal, they also had some pretty bad luck early in the season that bit into their GD quite a bit, but they were good enough once they weren't starting reserves in most positions.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
tons of games are decided by errors from defenders or keepers, that was just one of many. as for arsenal, they also had some pretty bad luck early in the season that bit into their GD quite a bit, but they were good enough once they weren't starting reserves in most positions.

They had some of their worst defensive performances towards the end of the season with their best defenders playing. Defeats to Wigan and QPR, draw with Norwich. They are not a reliable defensive unit.

Kyoufu

Hazard just announced he's coming to Newcastle.

NUFC title contenders once more.

The hot weather is making me delirious. :( :(

Arnie

Just bought my brother the new AC shirt from Soccer Triads for his birthday. Was strange of him to request Shevchenko on the back, but I guess that's just a player he admired growing up.

Wilbur

Banned
Just bought my brother the new AC shirt from Soccer Triads for his birthday. Was strange of him to request Shevchenko on the back, but I guess that's just a player he admired growing up.

I saw the new one in JJB at lunch today, I'm not sure if I like it. The collar's fucking massive.

WJD

As ludicrous as it was to leave him out in the first place, I bet Carrick's a bit miffed he decided to retire now.

Then again, I think Roy's going to settle on a Gerrard/Parker midfield two, so it's a moot point really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom