• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Don't get the Nasri hate, anyone with a brain would know they have to leave Arsenal if they want to win trophies in their career as a footballer.

Zabojnik

Zidane and Platini gave him a call? Could be!

Marotta: "Siamo super sereni".

Zuliani posted on facebook that both Conte and Agnelli seem 'a little pissed', haha. I'd be too. Keep calm, gentlemen. The time for ...

viulenza.jpg

... will come. :D

WJD

Don't get the Nasri hate, anyone with a brain would know they have to leave Arsenal if they want to win trophies in their career as a footballer.

Because he had agreed personal terms with us before City came in with a fatter cheque.

Ergo, money grabbing whore.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arnie, I'm pretty sure your brother was trolling you.
Zuliani posted on facebook that both Conte and Agnelli seem 'a little pissed', haha. I'd be too. Keep calm, gentlemen. The time for ...

http://rettilineotribuna.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/viulenza.jpg[IMG]

... will come. :D[/QUOTE]

Zuliani <3 [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/u7hw2.gif

WJD

Whatever his reasons, 12 months later he has a Premier League medal round his neck.

Yeah, I personally don't mind him but can completely understand the contempt from Arse fans.

He was definitely right to leave Arsenal for any chance at silverware and like you said, he's done just that.

Wilbur

Banned

a) he looks like that shark batman villain
b) he talks shit all the time
c) went for City over us at extortionate wages
d) played well for Arsenal until there was interest in him and shitted up the place

Fry

I know, I never understand why people feel playing football is any different to any other career. 9 out of 10 people will take the job with more money. Why wouldn't footballers?

I would always take the job I like the most (if the money difference isn't too big) ie: the club I like the most.

If Nasri didn't have a favorite club, then of course he would choose City. I didn't like Nasri for doing that because I felt bad for Arsenal fans (Cesc left in the same period), but now I don't give a shit.

immy

Banned
a) he looks like that shark batman villain
b) he talks shit all the time
c) went for City over us at extortionate wages
d) played well for Arsenal until there was interest in him and shitted up the place

a)lol
b)So would I if I was a millionaire footballer
c)Best decision financially and if he wants to win something
d)Using the min effort in life while still geting results, lad.

I would always take the job I like the most (if the money difference isn't too big) ie: the club I like the most.

If Nasri didn't have a favorite club, then of course he would choose City. I didn't like Nasri for doing that because I felt bad for Arsenal fans (Cesc left in the same period), but now I don't give a shit.
I'd say most people would choose the club they preferred if the money was similar, but I'm going to guess that Nasri wasn't bothered and the difference in money was probably tens of thousands, in that case, go with the money. As we've already established too, it was a good move.

Football fans need to understand that most players don't have the same feelings for a club that they do. It's really quite simple.

Wilbur

Banned
Also:

a)lol
b)So would I if I was a millionaire footballer
c)Best decision financially and if he wants to win something
d)Using the min effort in life while still geting results, lad.

Why would you want to talk shit all day if you were a millionaire footballer? Del Piero doesn't. Messi doesn't. Beckham doesn't. That's not because they have money, it's their personalities. It's like saying 'oh Rooney cheated on his wife, so would I it I was a premier league millionaire', 'oh Balotelli kicked someone in the face, so would I if I was a millionaire'

dc89

Haha just seen this now!

---

"I am not thinking about moving to Real Madrid or anywhere else," he said.

"My contract has four years left to run and I see myself being here at least as long as that."

"We have won one title now and we can go on to win more," added Aguero.

"Once you have one, you are desperate for the second, the third, the fourth, and it will be the same with us.

"We won the Premier League title this season. Why shouldn't we believe we can win it in years to come, too?

"There is great spirit between the players. There is no better proof of that than what happened at the end of the season.

"I will cherish that final day forever and it goes without saying that scoring against QPR was the best moment of my career."

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18240771"Agu]ero Commits to City. [/URL]

Now maybe his father in law will shut his trap.

Dilemma, just got Pirlo TOTY in a pack in FUT. do I sell him for 125,000+, or keep him in my Serie A team? That team already has boateng, zanetti, and di Rossi as middies.

dc89

I was thinking before about Hazard and if he moves to Chelsea. He said playing and the position he plays in is important to him, how can he make a decision based on this when Chelsea haven't even got a full time manager yet.

Or is it proof that Roman picks the team?

elsk

Banned

WJD

I was thinking before about Hazard and if he moves to Chelsea. He said playing and the position he plays in is important to him, how can he make a decision based on this when Chelsea haven't even got a full time manager yet.

The latter I imagine.

Wilbur

Banned

I would say Roman has a hand in it, but when you spend that money on a player who is the best option to go there, why wouldn't he play behind the striker?

Torres said today that he's happy at Chelsea cos he spoke with the owner who said he has complete faith in him.

So yes, Roman picks the team.

I would say Roman has a hand in it, but when you spend that money on a player who is the best option to go there, why wouldn't he play behind the striker?
I don't doubt Hazard can't play there and do well...but he's olny played there for the last couple of months. Chelsea have Mata too, but I guess he'll go out wide and cut in.

Torres said today that he's happy at Chelsea cos he spoke with the owner who said he has complete faith in him.

I don't doubt Hazard can't play there and do well...but he's olny played there for the last couple of months. Chelsea have Mata too, but I guess he'll go out wide and cut in.

I don't see how that mean roman picks the team. The owner has faith in him/wants him stay/won't selling and is using his money to build the team around Torres.

If roman was picking the team Bertrand wouldnt have started against Bayern and Torres would have started (perhaps at the expense of Drogba or maybe just Bertrand)

Wilbur

Banned

Mata's played on the left most the season and done a good job, so I'd say he'll stay there rather than upsetting Hazard who seems a bit more likely to complain in the media.

dc89

Well maybe that's why Di Mateo has not been appointed yet. Cause it was Roman who won them the Champions League and FA Cup.

I don't see how that mean roman picks the team. The owner has faith in him/wants him stay/won't selling and is using his money to build the team around Torres.

If roman was picking the team Bertrand wouldnt have started against Bayern and Torres would have started (perhaps at the expense of Drogba or maybe just Bertrand)
I don't mean he literally pick the teams, but it clearly shows he has an influence. What if Chelsea appoint a new manager and he doesn't rate Torres or wants to play with a different type of striker? They probably won't because the new manager will likely be told that Torres is the striker Chelsea want to use.

Everyone's going to be Chelsea now on FIFA aren't they?
No, Hazard and Mata are good but their weak. RM is where it's at, give it to Ronaldo, the rest is elementary.

dschalter

well, torres got unhappy and said some things about wanting to leave, so abramovich told him that they still wanted him. you're playing that up as more than it is.

I don't mean he literally pick the teams, but it clearly shows he has an influence. What if Chelsea appoint a new manager and he doesn't rate Torres or wants to play with a different type of striker? They probably won't because the new manager will likely be told that Torres is the striker Chelsea want to use.

Yeh but the solution to that would be to not become Chelsea manager. I think RDM is going to get a contract because they can't temp pep (which I'm happy about). But for how long the contract is worth I have no idea probably just 1. RDM was also used in relation to signing Marin so maybe he has spoken to hazard too.

Rad-

So any news on the Kagawa front? I want the deal sealed before the Euros. He's very much a United-like signing and I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

WJD

So any news on the Kagawa front? I want the deal sealed before the Euros. He's very much a United-like signing and I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

We'll have signed him by the end of next week.

You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom