• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

hazard's tireless efforts to troll transfer muppets by creating the most infuriating transfer saga ever is kinda impressive. announcing on twitter is a magnificent icing.

Guys it's gonna be Chelsea. Everybody who would have any inside knowledge seems to think so. There's nothing to suggest it's another club.

Arnie

Well it looks like he'll be in some shade of blue. Honestly think City makes more sense for him considering Chelsea already have Marin and Mata, with a deal for Hulk appearing on the horizon.

spidye

Why would you want that? I'm not saying that because he's a blue one. Müller, Podolski, Reus, Götze and Schürrle for the wings, it's not like he would have played. Bender is a much better option for the defensive midfield.
germany has schweini, khedira, kroos and gündogan for the midfield. they don't need any of the benders. draxler is a young talent who could have at least get a taste of the real tournament.
and he was the best player on the field against swiss.

Loew can't send Bayern players home!
(if the Javi deal fails)

not going to happen as long as the incompetent völler is in charge.

Wilbur

Banned
Well it looks like he'll be in some shade of blue. Honestly think City makes more sense for him considering Chelsea already have Marin and Mata, with a deal for Hulk appearing on the horizon.

He'd start over Marin.

City have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Silva, Nasri and Johnson.

A far more interesting story today is that Adem Ljalic has been sent home from the Serbia squad for refusing to sing the national anthem. It's not confirmed but it's been suggested he refused to sing it because he is a Muslim (the only one in the squad I believe) and I think the anthem has some references to the war in the region, in which Muslim's were persecuted against.

What do we think about this?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
AlbertsonJ @AlbertsonJ
RT@OliverKayTimes: Hazard to City a done deal. £35m, 5 year deal. Number 17 shirt.

ibyJPBwrVQvzct.gif

Red Ninja = Rest of PL
Camo Ninja = City
Statue = Hazard

Fuck.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well done City. I hope he does as well as the last Lille player to go to a top PL side. By which I mean Gervinho.

So glad he didn't go to Chelsea.

elsk

Banned
A far more interesting story today is that Adem Ljalic has been sent home from the Serbia squad for refusing to sing the national anthem. It's not confirmed but it's been suggested he refused to sing it because he is a Muslim (the only one in the squad I believe) and I think the anthem has some references to the war in the region, in which Muslim's were persecuted against.

I wonder if they would send Messi home too. Because he doesn't sign the anthem.

LegoArmo

Shouldn't have to sing the anthem if you don't want to. Some places have terrible anthems.

Meier

If it is Chelsea he is going to.

There were reports of him at Chelsea for a medical, but they were dismissed as he's training with Belgium.
I wouldn't bother having any hopes at this point. Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed. I think once Chelsea won the CL and their name popped up, it was in the cards. A real shame but we'll move on. Belhanda remains an option.

Edit: Whoa! I hope those twitter reports are accurate!

Wilbur

Banned
AlbertsonJ @AlbertsonJ
RT@OliverKayTimes: Hazard to City a done deal. £35m, 5 year deal. Number 17 shirt.

Fuck journalists, Eden is the true source.

Ridiculous. a) because if he holds his faith above all else they should respect that and b) if you're putting that much emphasis on a fucking national anthem then you're a stupid footballing association.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom