• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
Marco Fabián saved our arse again. We are not worthy.

Fabián: Goodbye, Chivas!

I agree with that assumption, obviously - lol
Originally Kroos is something of a Gerrard or Ballack...he's your typical ZM, sort of an outdated position in today's football. He will one day become Schweinsteiger's successor as an offensive DM (deep-lying-playmaker), but right now he's caught somewhere between the 10 and the 6.
Gündogan is much more dynamic - is faster, has better technique & dribblings and could easily do the 10 too. He could one day become something of a German Xabi.
Both aren't perfect at tackles and duels, but Gündogan has made great strides. So did Kroos, I'm assuming. But Schweinsteiger & Kroos is too offensive in my book. It can work if Schweinsteiger focuses on defense, but he ain't perfect at it either, he needs a real DM next to him.
But yeah, overall I see greater potential in Gündogan than I do in Kroos.

Heh, ok. :p

Schweini-Kroos doesn't work, Jupp said it himself in January or Feb after losing like 3 matches because of it. He had to use it in the final because of suspensions.

I think Kroos is very talented, he obviously lacks in the defensive department (just as Xavi) but I think he could end up being one of the best players in the world in the future. He is like 22 years old right now.

dc89

AuAGJTYCMAAK3N5.jpg:large

Soi-Fong

SkyBet on twitter- "There are some rumours going round that Eden Hazard has forgotten the password to his twitter account. #StressfulMoments."

Funny as fuck if true. haha

Meier

Hazard's transfer "saga" has nothing on most top recruits in American college football. Main reason I'm not all that bothered by it.

Rad-

Umm please tell me this is a joke. :lol

"Hazard won't make any further announcements until his new club has issued a statement."

Edit: Apparently it's not a full quote so it's kind of false. But would have been funny.

Soi-Fong

Umm please tell me this is a joke. :lol

Edit: Apparently it's not a full quote so it's kind of false. But would have been funny.

Full quote is this apprently form Belgian Team Manager.

"Finalement, cela ne regarde pas l'Union belge, ni les Diables Rouges. C'est son problème. Il donnera l'infirmation quand il le fera. Vous ne connaissez pas Eden. Ce n'est pas cela qui va le stresser ou le déconcentrer. Quand il aura, via son tweet, indiqué sa destination de club, il se taira jusqu'au moment où son nouvel employeur lui demandera d'exposer son choix. N'espérez rien de plus avant une dizaine de jours."

Basically says he'll issue a tweet regarding his final choice and then shutup for 10 days in which afterwards the club will confirm the signing.

immy

Banned
Just been fucked over my lecturer.

Fuck Economics

Fuck Warwick Uni

Why didn't i go somewhere where expectations are not ridiculous. I don't want to be a fucking investment banker so stop working me like one.

Slizz

Just been fucked over my lecturer.

Fuck Economics

Fuck Warwick Uni

Why didn't i go somewhere where expectations are not ridiculous. I don't want to be a fucking investment banker so stop working me like one.

What kind of Econ?

immy

Banned
What kind of Econ?

BSc, also known as you didn't apply for a maths degree but here is one anyway.

In an essay I got marked down for calling ww2, "the 2ndWW"

Not even fucking kidding.

The realisation that you wasted your fucking life getting GCSE'S and Alevel's, just to be fucked over by some old fat shit who hasn't ever got any is fucking terrible.

Fuck this life, I fucking hate it.

Soi-Fong

Well, nice to know finally. At least this saga is over with, but must admit, kinda hard to see what Chelsea is offering that City and United can't unless he was just worried about money and Abramovich was planning on showering him with it.

Meier

I hate you Arjen Robben. More than ever!

I expected it though once they miraculously entered the mix. Really, really hope they don't get Hulk too. That'd be absurd.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well, nice to know finally. At least this saga is over with, but must admit, kinda hard to see what Chelsea is offering that City and United can't unless he was just worried about money and Abramovich was planning on showering him with it.

Money + playing time + London. Of the three clubs, Chelsea's attack needs the biggest overhaul.

Torres
Mata Hazard Hulk

That's pretty tasty, although you never know how these foreign players are going to turn out. They may end up flopping like Gervinho and Robinho.

It's pretty obvious in regards to City. He can pretty much be sure to play for Chelsea, he can't at City. He could at United too, but I guess they have picked Kagawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom