• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL 2013? He's coming to play with us at The Emirates? Amazing news...oh I was dreaming again.

Hey Bendtner still not found a club huh? get your kit on you're starting.

Yen

8:29
Rory Smith
Given it's now half nine in Belgium, would guess I was misled. Source was someone who should know. My apologies. Occupational, ahem, hazard.
No, I didn't "just make it up". Given that Sky, L'Equipe and a few others also thought there'd be an announcement, that should be obvious.

8:41
Eden Hazard
I'm signing for the champion's league winner.

Rad-

I think Kagawa to United will be finalized in a day or two. He was definitely their backup plan.

Naah, Fergie was going for both. Though Kagawa would have probably been a winger had Hazard been there too.

So they're going to bench Mata? And what is going to happen with Kevin De Bruyne?

Mata is better as a LW anyways imo.

Another year, another talent United fails to sign lol. Chelsea have a record for developing young talent so that's good #notsour

Not sure where the predictions of Chelsea's renewed prominence are coming from. Tis one player.

Ahh, I can finally use this!

Eden Hazard: 192 apps, 50 goals and 30 assists
Shinji Kagawa: 198 apps, 86 goals and 45 assists

Get me Shinji naaawwwwww

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not sure where the predictions of Chelsea's renewed prominence are coming from. Tis one player.

Sure, but Chelsea have just won the CL, their prominence has already been renewed. Hazard wouldn't have signed for them otherwise. TBH I'm sort of glad that City haven't got him, at least they won't have a complete monopoly on the megastars.

Fry

Good thing is that Hazard will be playing in a league I give a damn. I hope Chelsea are stopping here, if they sign Hulk then City will try to over spend Chelsea and football will die. lol

kharma45

I always rated Nick Powell of Crewe as the better player anyway...

As Ian Walsh said on Twitter though, it's a sign of the times we live in. A footballer announcing the club he is moving to via Twitter before the club itself announces it.

dc89

So City miss out on a very talented player and their number one target. But they are also missing out on a guy who seems to like to dictate where, when and how he plays so good luck to Chelsea on that one.

But I think other Chairman will be getting phone calls ove the next few weeks. City will be out to spend some money and sign some players, maybe even hijack some deals which are said to be as good as done.

kharma45

Good thing is that Hazard will be playing in a league I give a damn. I hope Chelsea are stopping here, if they sign Hulk then City will try to over spend Chelsea and football will die. lol

With their CL win I think Roman may have a new drive with Chelsea with them finally winning something big again, big money will come from them this summer with his renewed interest in his Chelsea project.

So City miss out on a very talented player and their number one target. But they are also missing out on a guy who seems to like to dictate where, when and how he plays so good luck to Chelsea on that one.

But I think other Chairman will be getting phone calls ove the next few weeks. City will be out to spend some money and sign some players, maybe even hijack some deals which are said to be as good as done.
Piss off right now. I know what you're thinking.

Wilbur

Banned

City seem to be a team that dictate who plays for them if they're hijacking....

Also lol Tevez.

This is a bitter, bitter post dc! I'm disappointed!

But they are also missing out on a guy who seems to like to dictate where, when and how he plays so good luck to Chelsea on that one.

Did you read my post responding to your last one about his position? He never talked about demanding the 10'er role or anything, go back a few pages and re read. He likes to dictacte when he plays? As far as I know, he hasn't refused to come on or off at any games, that's Tevez you are thinking of.

Moobabe

Tevez much?

rififi

Hazard is 21, Marin is 23, Mata is 24, Ramires is 25, Mikel is 25 - Chelsea's midfield is pretty much set for the next few years (assuming Marin and Hazard don't flop).

Soi-Fong

What deals to United are as good as done? Hardly Kagawa if United won't front the cash.

How the hell do you know they won't front the cash. With the money now available that was t be used on Hazarrd, I can see United going after other targets now like Kagawa (who is still very cheap) and someone like M'Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom