• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazard is 21, Marin is 23, Mata is 24, Ramires is 25, Mikel is 25 - Chelsea's midfield is pretty much set for the next few years (assuming Marin and Hazard don't flop).

Hulk is 25 and we're supposed to be close on that one too. All we need now is a right back (Azpilicueta? Van der Wiel?) and we're done.

If we don't sign Kagawa I'm gonna combine my degree with my United fandom and write the "Ferguson Model of the Transfer Market".

Assumption 1 - Assume no value in the market.

Hazard is 21, Marin is 23, Mata is 24, Ramires is 25, Mikel is 25 - Chelsea's midfield is pretty much set for the next few years (assuming Marin and Hazard don't flop).

Marin hasn't been that great at Werder, I doubt he will come in and be the new permanent first on the team sheet right winger. Still think Roman will try and go for Hulk too. Hulk, Hazard, Mata and Marin on roation would be crazy.

Korez

Poor Lukaku
KuGsj.gif

dc89

Piss off right now. I know what you're thinking.

Who am I thinking about then?

And I think Tevez got his just deserts, his stunt cost him close to £10m and do I think a player would ever do anything like that to City again, no.

Plus City have room for only one ego! Mr Balotelli, I couldn't be doing with any more dramatics!

kharma45

Gervinho & Hazard Played Together for 2 Seasons at Lille. Gervinho 61 games, 28 goals, 14 assists - Hazard 81 games, 17 goals, 16 Assists.

Chelsea have been done!

No value in the transfer market.

Well we offered him a deal that he accepted that was financially good for him (as did City) but he chose Chelsea as he deemed it the most certain place to get game time.

Our midfield next year is going to be incredible...going to try and get a season ticket.

I do hope we get Hulk though just in case Torres decides he wants to be shit again even after improving at the tail end of the season.

Someone give me a random team to play as in FIFA....tell me what league if obscure haha.

The good thing about this is the football finance muppet within me can begin to collate FFP data.

Hazard will cost Chelsea £6m/£7m a year under FFP guidelines.

:)

We wanted at least 20m euro and you are already meeting that with your bid (supposedly):

Manchester United battling to tie up Kagawa deal

According to reports Manchester United are ready to increase their offer for Borussia Dortmund star Shinji Kagawa.

United are trying to drive the price down and had a £13 million opening offer rejected.

However, it seems they are ready to come back with another bid, expected to be around £16 million.
http://www.click-manchester.com/spo...er-united-battling-to-tie-up-kagawa-deal.html

Stop wetting your panties, Mancs.

Korez

What? Chelsea hasn't bought any new striker (only gotten rid of one) and despite popular belief from crazy people (AVB), Lukaku is never going to be anything resembling a winger.

Why? He's a striker right? His competition is going to be Torres and... Sturridge?
I think it's useless to buy Hazard, you're pretty covered in that role. Lukaku had been bought to replace Drogba and Torres when they were not fit and now he might not even see the pitch this year.

Verratti was cut from the Euro squad. Can we get a discount now, merda-Pescara?

Ramires <3

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Go Marotta

kharma45

Our midfield next year is going to be incredible...going to try and get a season ticket.

I do hope we get Hulk though just in case Torres decides he wants to be shit again even after improving at the tail end of the season.

Someone give me a random team to play as in FIFA....tell me what league if obscure haha.

Huddersfield.

Yen

Just when I see Ramirez mentioned up the page, who were the gaffers who maintained he was shit, about two months ago?

K1LLER7

Iirc Didn't we have a bid rejected for the dortmund striker? Shows we're in for a new striker.

Hope we sign Kagawa but don't want Fergie to move Rooney from his position behind the striker. Think it's his best position IMO.

Korez

However Hazard is the grand vizier of the trolls. Many fans of Manchester United were ready to buy his jersey with the legendary number 7.

I think it's useless to buy Hazard, you're pretty covered in that role. Lukaku had been bought to replace Drogba and Torres when they were not fit and now he might not even see the pitch this year.

Sorry but if you think that you are clueless. Chelseas wingers currently are Malouda (who will most likely be sold) and Kalou (who's contract is running out in a weeks time). Kevin de Bruyne and Marin are coming in, Marin is a big question mark and Kevin de Bruyne is 20 years old and unproven at this level. How in the hell is that pretty covered? The wing positions at Chelsea is the one thing that has no doubt been lacking the most in the last season.

Lukaku is going to go on training camp in the US and try to impress. Now one forward is gone and he has every chance to try and get a more important role, If he doesn't he will go out on loan to an English club, poor guy...

Soi-Fong

Iirc Didn't we have a bid rejected for the dortmund striker? Shows we're in for a new striker.

Hope we sign Kagawa but don't want Fergie to move Rooney from his position behind the striker. Think it's his best position IMO.

No point in getting Kagawa then. Kagawa's best position is where Rooney is. Rooney will have to play as the main striker.

Rad-

Sorry but if you think that you are clueless. Chelseas wingers currently are Malouda (who will most likely be sold) and Kalou (who's contract is running out in a weeks time). Kevin de Bruyne and Marin are coming in, Marin is a big question mark and Kevin de Bruyne is 20 years old and unproven at this level. How in the hell is that pretty covered? The wing positions at Chelsea is the one thing that has no doubt been lacking the most in the last season.

Lukaku is going to go on training camp in the US and try to impress. If he doesn't he will go out on loan to an English club, poor guy...

Umm Hazard is not a winger anymore. He was only when younger. He has had his best games as AMC and that's where he will play, I'm sure of it.

So City miss out on a very talented player and their number one target. But they are also missing out on a guy who seems to like to dictate where, when and how he plays so good luck to Chelsea on that one.

But I think other Chairman will be getting phone calls ove the next few weeks. City will be out to spend some money and sign some players, maybe even hijack some deals which are said to be as good as done.
What a bastard he is! Going to a club where he'll actually get played every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom