• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
lol_zpsadb46354.gif

Hixx

Error
I'm confused.

I can see it fine.

"Manchester City Football Club can tonight confirm an agreement with Liverpool Football Club over the sale of Sergio Aguero. The striker indicated he would like to discuss terms with Liverpool and is currently sitting in a padded room at the Etihad Stadium awaiting medical advice."

Wilbur

Banned
From a guardian article:

The Borussia Dortmund midfielder can pass and score but may not appease an Old Trafford crowd craving star quality

THEN WATCH ANOTHER FUCKING LEAGUE AS OPPOSED TO JUST THE PL YOU DAFT REPORTER

Hixx

From a guardian article:

The Borussia Dortmund midfielder can pass and score but may not appease an Old Trafford crowd craving star quality

THEN WATCH ANOTHER FUCKING LEAGUE AS OPPOSED TO JUST THE PL YOU DAFT REPORTER

The Guardian still have it in their heads our top transfer target is Llorente. They are shit.

lol why are you guys excited over that Bild Kagawa news? Blows my mind nobody cared over Kicker (very good and serious source) saying the clubs reached an agreement which pretty much is the confirmation that it'll happen. And a few hours later you're celebrating over a Bild article that's just non-news.

Meier

Are these links supposed to make up some user stories or something? Cause (while i realize it's fake) also just gives me error. I'm confused and not very entertained.

You can put anything you want in and it will report an error since it isn't a legit URL. Someone took the piss out of him and just made up a URL about Dzeko to Bayern being official then others copied the concept with overtly fake story links.

lol why are you guys excited over that Bild Kagawa news? Blows my mind nobody cared over Kicker (very good and serious source) saying the clubs reached an agreement which pretty much is the confirmation that it'll happen. And a few hours later you're celebrating over a Bild article that's just non-news.

Because Elsk posted it in bold, which makes it legit.

Telegraph reporting Hulk > Chelsea is "90% complete".

I know a guy who knows a guy who said that it had been agreed in principle over 2 months ago, just needed a fee to be agreed. Guess it's true. Chelsea gonna look tasty next season.

Crewe saying Nick Powell will decide where he wants to go when he returns from holiday. Hope we can get him, will be tough competition from Arsenal who can probably offer him more game time, but he looks good, would really love us to sign him. Then we can think about sorting out proper problems, like CM and LB.

We were excited. Just the Bild news was bild (haha, see what I did there) as everything being completed whilst the Kicker story was that it was nearly completed. Of course, Bild were just chatting shit.

Well I did tell you guys yesterday that Chelsea are just waiting with the Hazard announcement to do a double one with Hulk instead.

Edit : and Guardiola too of course. The press will be directed into a room where he will sit in the middle with Hulk and Hazard to each of his sides.

Stubo

I know a guy who knows a guy who said that it had been agreed in principle over 2 months ago, just needed a fee to be agreed. Guess it's true. Chelsea gonna look tasty next season.

Crewe saying Nick Powell will decide where he wants to go when he returns from holiday. Hope we can get him, will be tough competition from Arsenal who can probably offer him more game time, but he looks good, would really love us to sign him. Then we can think about sorting out proper problems, like CM and LB.

We were excited. Just the Bild news was bild (haha, see what I did there) as everything being completed whilst the Kicker story was that it was nearly completed. Of course, Bild were just chatting shit.
Hargreaves and Heinze, please. I accept Paypal for my scouting duties ;)

Silvestre backup plan

Meier

Crewe saying Nick Powell will decide where he wants to go when he returns from holiday. Hope we can get him, will be tough competition from Arsenal who can probably offer him more game time, but he looks good, would really love us to sign him.
Saw one story that suggested United were going to offer £5 million and then would be willing to loan him back for a year.

K1LLER7

There's rumours that a 15m bid was made for Baines, wouldn't mind getting him in. 30-33m on Kagawa and Baines could means that's it for the season. I'd be happy with just them and possibly Powell.

Stubo

There's rumours that a 15m bid was made for Baines, wouldn't mind getting him in. 30-33m on Kagawa and Baines could means that's it for the season. I'd be happy with just them and possibly Powell.
Basically this...I would like a CM but I'm aware of the impending 'new signings' type comment regarding Fletcher/Anderson/Cleverley.

Bu... but... Emilio Izaguirre? :(
Yeah, the Baines link is genuine I'm led to believe. Nothing will happen until after the Euro's though. I do like Baines, he is a good player and he's better than Evra is now. I don't think he is top quality however, but he's always been a player who I've liked so it'd be cool if we signed him, can take a good set piece too.

Only concern would be the price, which is why elsk's long-running suggestion is attractive. Izzaguirre looks really good, he only plays in the SPL but he is clearly outstanding in that league whenever I've seen him. Would probably cost £6-£7m which could mean we have some money left over...

Assuming we go for Baines and get him for £15m (which IMO is a high price but whatever, that what it'll take), along with Kagawa that'd take us to about £30m for the summer. Any money beyond that I think will have to come from sales. We'll probably recoup close to £10m in letting players go, I think we've already made £2/£3m from selling some reserves. Not sure who you can get in CM for that price who'll be good enough. I am sure there are some bargains out there but we'll pass the up.

Wilbur

Banned
The Italy and Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has threatened to kill anyone who throws a banana at him in the street or on the pitch during the Euro 2012 finals in Poland and Ukraine.

His comments come a day after Sol Campbell, speaking on Panorama, told England fans not to travel to the competition because they could "end up coming back in a coffin".

Balotelli, who is preparing with the Italian team for their Group C fixtures, said: "I will not accept racism at all. It's unacceptable. If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to jail, because I will kill them."

The 21-year-old is not a stranger to racism and was once pelted with bananas in a Rome bar before the European Under-21 Championships in June 2009. "It was lucky that the police arrived quickly because, I swear, I would have beaten them. I would have really destroyed them. I hope it never happens again." He has been the victim of racist abuse on several occasions – most recently in February when Porto were fined over the behaviour of their supporters in a Europa League tie against City.

"Let's see what happens at the Euros," he added. "I hope it will pass without a problem."

The Italian also described himself as a genius, saying: "I think I am a genius but not a rebel. I have my life, my world, I do what I want, without annoying anyone. I believe I am more intelligent than the average person. The talent God gave me is beautiful and wonderful but it is difficult because you are always facing other people keen to judge you."

/

Ashes

Banned
Manchester United have agreed a deal with Borussia Dortmund for Shinji Kagawa, the Japan midfielder, as the club moved to offset the disappointment of losing out to Chelsea for Eden Hazard, their leading summer transfer target.
Having once appeared the favourites to sign Hazard, United turned to Kagawa, after it became clearer that the Belgium midfielder was likely to shun their advances.
United are understood to have agreed to pay the German champions an initial fee of about £12 million for Kagawa that will rise to £17.6 million with add-ons in a transfer that may excite their Asian fanbase more than a domestic support network increasingly concerned about the impact the club's debt and interest payments are having on their ability to attract players.

It's in the Times. Think the deal is now done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom