• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://youtu.be/AleYSkW2LoQ
KuGsj.gif

(not sure if this has already been posted)

This is absolutely fucking brilliant.

Prepare your left testicle Lung:

Greg Stobart said:
The total cost of the Hazard deal to Chelsea will be around £90 million over the course of his five-year deal.

In addition to the £32m fee to be paid to Lille, Goal.com understands that Chelsea will pay Hazard more than £200,000 a week over the course of his contract, adding up to £10.4m per year. It will put him on a par with Fernando Torres as the club’s top earner.

Chelsea are also set to pay Bico around £6m for brokering the deal, a fee neither City or United had any inclination to meet, especially given the way Hazard and his camp conducted themselves throughout the saga.

City, backed by their billionaire Abu Dhabi owners, were in no mood to cede to Hazard’s demands and draw him alongside the likes of Carlos Tevez and Yaya Toure on their pay-scale given he has only ever played in France and still has much to prove. The Premier League champions thought their final offer of £150,000 a week was perfectly acceptable.

Chelsea were the only club prepared to accept Hazard’s terms as Abramovich looked for a stellar signing to kickstart a rejuvenation of the squad

While United once thought they were in the driving seat because of their prestige and the influence of Sir Alex Ferguson, they were not prepared to offer more than £130,000 a week and were financially blown out of the water

Carbonox

Ludicrous money in that Hazard deal. He most certainly is not worth all that trouble. The agent though, he's the biggest winner out of the whole thing so kudos to him I guess.

Question - aren't there rules in place to prevent agents from mugging teams off though? Sure, the clubs are the true mugs for buckling but agents get way too much money at times. Isn't there something in place to curb the way agents have too much power?

Mastadon

Banned
Ludicrous money in that Hazard deal. He most certainly is not worth all that trouble. The agent though, he's the biggest winner out of the whole thing so kudos to him I guess.

Question - aren't there rules in place to prevent agents from mugging teams off though? Sure, the clubs are the true mugs for buckling but agents get way too much money at times. Isn't there something in place to curb the way agents have too much power?

All it would take is for the clubs involved to refuse to pay the exorbitant fees. Fair play to Man City for actually showing some restraint and not just chucking untold money at agents/clubs to get their way.

Chelsea - smh.

If someone is willing to get mugged over an agent fee then what does it matter? At the end of the day he's limited by what the highest bidder will pay.

Sappy113

If someone is willing to get mugged over an agent fee then what does it matter? At the end of the day he's limited by what the highest bidder will pay.

Yea, but it might help set a precedent, that other top players will start following in transfers, which no club can possibly be interested in.

Sappy113

Such a beautiful video. Someone should show that Chelsea that getting 9 men behind the ball is not the only way to beat teams with crazy amounts of possession.

You could even see on that how United's midfield is being overrun by Bilbao's pressure system.

I really love this kind of play, but it's so physically demanding for an entire team, so it has its trade-offs. It might very well be that kind of play that left Bilbao with pretty much an empty tank in the end of the season.

dc89

Gaf, what are soccer triads sizes like?

A bit big I've heard. The small is a 40' chest which is definitely large for a small.

Yeah I questioned this too the other week. Ordered a small as 40" is the size I need. Will report once I get the shirt.

Neymar's agent says he talked to Chelsea, City, and United last week.

A man with an eye for an expensive dinner.

Hmm talking about this, I think City need a refund for the costs incurred in showing Hazard around the area and his freebies at The Etihad when he came to watch the derby.

kharma45

Finally saw a Soccer Triads top in real life last night, the new Manchester United one.

Colour me impressed with the quality of them.

Carbonox

:lol Andy Johnson's agent says he wants to go to the UAE to play football. Obviously wants a shit hot wage in the latter years of his career.

I'm 5,7 and about 140. So may get a small?

Fuck you're thin btw.
Get a small but it will be baggy. Won't be massive or anything, just not a perfect fit. I'm about 5"9 and quite slim and they're a little loose on me.

Those Hazard figures, holllyyyyyy. Chelsea got the money's so may aswell spill it but it's amazing what Hazard will be earning when he's proved almost nothing in the sport.

To me that just cements my inclination that Chelsea have no intention to pass FFP. They'll look to bypass it completely.

Salazar

Daily Mail has gone utterly fucking bananas.

The first day with the full England squad - well, all except for a third-choice goalkeeper who reports for duty on Wednesday - and Roy Hodgson kicked things off with a rousing speech. It was, say those who witnessed it on Tuesday, impressive stuff.

Are those ridiculous Hazard wages confirmed or is it just Goal.com talking bollocks?

Belgian medias and L Equipe are saying around 110k. Wouldn't trust any of the the English trash press after the way they have completely misquoted and lied about Hazard in the last few weeks.

Belgian medias and L Equipe are saying around 110k. Wouldn't trust any of the the English trash press after the way they have completely misquoted and lied about Hazard in the last few weeks.
Greg Stobart called the transfer almost perfectly the whole way though. Infact almost everything he's reported for the last few weeks has been bang on. Seems to have some good contacts at the minute.

Carbonox

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11776/7786403/Dixon-delighted-with-Reds-deal

Always like stories like these. A 22 year old who was playing in his local league football has been offered a one year contract with Accrington.

Reminds me of Michael Richardson who's on Newcastle's books. Was playing sunday league and a year later he's playing for Newcastle in reserves and whatnot.

Just shows that you should never give up playing professionally if it's your main goal. Could happen, even in your twenties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom