• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Long term that's an absolutely fantastic appointment for Liverpool. If he gets time, with investment and their youth recruitment, they'll be top 4 no doubt.

Martinez to Swansea would be brilliant.

Actually, Roman would make a bit more sense. Still, if Goal.com is to be believed, there is no way in hell he deserves to be earning as much as say Terry.

Terry can be a dick (and depending a racist) but he also deserves his wages for what he's done for Chelsea.

The wages reported are all over the place from 100k to 200k, not believing anything. John Terry as someone who deserved it? I would have said Terry or something, not a wife fucker who's accused of yelling racist stuff (again) and just generally be a dick (kneeing Sanchez and could very well have costed Chelsea CL). Don't believe he is getting that much, but damn it would be hilarious if some kid came in and earned more than John Lion Heart Terry.

But none of this matters. It won't bring your left testicle back!

Not even close to eating it yet. But my right one has always been my favorite anyway, hopefully Suarez won't convince Cavani of joining liverpool.

Hazrd business is making people tense.

YOU WANT TO FUCKING FIGHT?!

Wilbur

Banned
Ah.. I see. Why do I get the feeling then that Swansea might get relegated... That would suck.

Depends which players stay and who comes in to manage I suppose. It might be a bit of a sideward move but it would be good for Swansea to go for Martinez again. Better squad than Wigan there; if he can get McCarthy and Moses with him as well.

Meier

Siggurdson would be useful for Swansea even with Rodgers there.. surely he (Rodgers) wouldn't want to complete screw over the team that just made him a small fortune, right?

Its alright. The atmosphere is great but the writing is too much and the gampley is not so good. But the Atmosphere will make go wow.

Yeah pretty much. The story and voice overs were really cheesy and kind of dumb, gameplay got really repetitive but it had the Remedy atmosphere that makes you keep going.

Isn't Alan Wake a XBOX exclusive?

PC master race where it doesn't run in SD resolution. A shame that it never became all that they talked about to begin with, a serious twin peakish open world game would have been amazing, not that deadly premonition isn't great but would also have been nice with a little more serious take on it.

GQman2121

Banned
I love the Rogers appointment. That seemed like it came together rather quickly didn't it? We're seeing photos of Martinez Stateside, and then boom, he's out and Rogers is their man.

He'll do well there and have them playing good football at the start of the season. I don't know where they'll end up by next spring, but they certainly need to buy now that they've made the appointment.

faridmon

I really bad for Swansea. Maybe now we can buy some of their players. IF Baines leave.

Fuck you Man United and Bayern Munich

elseanio

Absolutely made up we got Rodgers (over Martinez, anyway)

Massive gamble, but hope it pays off. So is it likely Manager - Brendan Rodgers. Sporting Director is Louis van Gaal. Technical Director is Pep Segura?

Arnie

Looks a bit like Paisley here.

Brendan-Rodgers-Swansea-C-007.jpg

Not that this means anything.

rodvik

Gutted Rodgers is going to Liverpool.

He was my first choice for Villa by a long shot.

Well grats Liverpool GAF. I think you just got the most exciting new manager in the PL.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
With Rodgers gone, it couldn't hurt to put in a bid for Vorm. Or Allen. Or Dyer. Or try to scupper the Sigurdsson deal. The vultures will be circling.

operon

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with Liverpool, hope he gets the chance because we're not going to get back into the top 4 of the premiership over night.

immy

Banned
Rodgers is gonna fail so hard, how many liverpool players are actually good on the ball?

He has to bring back cole and aquilani

Meier

Switching gears a bit from Rodgers.. I'm re-reading that article about the number of Man U supporters. Their findings have suggested there are 34 million supporters here in the US. The sad fact is that any suggestion that 1 in 9 people cares about soccer in general here is absolutely insane, let alone 1 in 9 people supports a specific club that is half the world away. I don't know what the real number of Man U fans here is, but you're going to find a lot more fans of Mexican and Spanish teams here than you will of a Premier League club.

Fry

'20793 - Only Man City (20860) made more passes than Swansea in the PL last season'

I think he'll definitely want to keep a midfielder like Aquilani

GQman2121

Banned
Switching gears a bit from Rodgers.. I'm re-reading that article about the number of Man U supporters. Their findings have suggested there are 34 million supporters here in the US. The sad fact is that any suggestion that 1 in 9 people cares about soccer in general here is absolutely insane, let alone 1 in 9 people supports a specific club that is half the world away. I don't know what the real number of Man U fans here is, but you're going to find a lot more fans of Mexican and Spanish teams here than you will of a Premier League club.

1 in 90 would be cutting it close.

Meier

Rodgers is gonna fail so hard, how many liverpool players are actually good on the ball?

Well, Cole did say he was hoping at getting a crack at the Starting XI again after his Lille spell.

1 in 90 would be cutting it close.

Probably. I know at most a handful of people who even give the remotest of shits about soccer and that's only on a local level (Houston Dynamo, Orlando City, Chicago Fire, etc.). I know one guy who is a big Liverpool fan and my boss is a big Barca fan since he lived there for a spell back in the 90s. No one else cares at all, sadly. :(

Arnie

I never why he didn't get a proper shot at it.

It remains one of life's greatest mysteries. Alongside why Tom Cleverley has his own website.

Joe Cole played some decent games for Lille and looked slightly faster than I remembered him. He wont be an ideal "signing" but if he indeed managed to get back on form, then I wouldn't mind him coming back.
Not seen him to be honest.

The idea of bringing him back gives me Hodgson nightmares though, so i'd rather not think about it.

Carbonox

I'd love to see Cole and Aquilani given a fair crack by Jammy Dodger. They're good players and Cole especially could be revitalised under him.

Fry

Joe Cole played some decent games for Lille and looked slightly faster than I remembered him. He wont be an ideal "signing" but if he indeed managed to get back on form, then I wouldn't mind him coming back.

Aquilani and Cole to replace Downing and Adam, sounds good enough for me.

Adam is way to wasteful on the ball. I don't Rodgers will want to keep him. (wishful thinking)

immy

Banned
Aquilani and Cole to replace Downing and Adam, sounds good enough for me.

Adam is way to wasteful on the ball. I don't Rodgers will want to keep him. (wishful thinking)

Liverpool will get paid to have better players, Rodgers is a genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom