• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Marco Fabián is now tied with Alan Shearer as the maximum goalscorer of the Toulon tournament with seven goals.

EDIT: And it's over. Netherlands 2 Mexico 4. ¡A la final!

This guy is head of statistics.

391407-michaeledwards004.jpg

I guess we were 'that' close to going out forever.

EDIT: That CDPR stream is terrible.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
could only if we get moreno on the back, oribe in the front and corona as our GK.
As much as I acknowledge the need for a CB on this team I think Carlos Salcido is the one player who should be granted an automatic entry. He's just been Mexico's best and most consistent player since before 2006. Plus he can function as a holding midfielder if necessary, giving the team some more flexibility.

Wilbur

Banned
I really used to like Salcido, Mexico were so awesome to watch at the 2002 and 2006 WCs... he and Oswaldo Sanchez were in all my PES teams.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I really used to like Salcido, Mexico were so awesome to watch at the 2002 and 2006 WCs... he and Oswaldo Sanchez were in all my PES teams.

Salcido is still good however his left back position is whack nowadays.. He works much better as a center mid due to his attacking style, delivering long balls forward than as a left back where he has to defend much more even though its goes against his offensive plays

Yen

Been away most of the day, only saw the Rodgers news at teat time. Happy, quite excited. Hopefully we can snag Gylfi, as apparently he hasn't actually signed for Swansea.

Arnie

Torres looks so much more comfortable playing in Spain's system.

I read on the BBC that Rodgers was due to spend the summer watching Spain train, but I take it that won't be happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom