• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

dNFUA.jpg

Arnie

I've not had a single 500 error. Literally, it's like a dystopian version of GAF where nobody posts and I'm all alone.

Meier

OMG I can post again.. for now. It came back for about 30 seconds for me hours ago (when I was able to post about the Man U kit).

PaulLFC

It keeps going down constantly for me. If this is how it is now I don't know how it'll be for E3.

In other news...

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
#duncansview B.R is a brave choice. lovely #tatics & very persistent - he'll be like a dog with a boner. heard his #banter is top top draw.

KuGsj.gif

Faridmon has started his club propaganda, dc style. Damn this forum really can't handle the load at the moment, guess we will get shut down at e3. :(

fuenf

Bild and Kicker are confirming Bayerns interest in Dzeko. According to Bild Dzeko apparently earns 7m at City but Bayern offers him less than that and they want both him and Gomez to be their strikers for next season. City commands a 30m fee but Bayern wont go that high.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't had a single one.

I feel like the person who's immune to infection in a biological outbreak.

That's because they quarantined Liverpool
shut up I know you're in Sheffield

Anyway actual quote by Huw Jenkins:

Liverpool's successful pursuit of Rodgers, who initially rejected their offer of an interview as he had no wish to be on a lengthy list of candidates, was confirmed in a magnanimous statement from the Swansea chairman.

Jenkins stated: "I was contacted by Liverpool last night and they expressed their wish to speak to Brendan. I had a discussion with Brendan to talk about their interest and his views on whether he wanted to speak to Liverpool. He expressed his wish with me to do that and he has spoken to Liverpool today.

"Following on from discussions with Liverpool's owners, Brendan has informed us that he would like to take up their offer to manage Liverpool. At the moment we are currently in talks with the owners to agree compensation. We are trying to finalise that within the next 24 hours. Although we are very disappointed to lose such a talented, young British manager, we didn't wish to stand in his way. As always at Swansea City, we want people working here who are fully committed to the task ahead. We wish Brendan every success in the future."

Gus Poyet, Ian Holloway and Alan Curbishley are among the early favourites to succeed Rodgers at Swansea and Jenkins added: "We will always remain good friends and we thank him for all his hard work and passion over the past two years," Jenkins added. "We shall now refocus and quickly start the process of finding his replacement to continue the great work Brendan has carried out."

And Martinez is staying at Villa appazz:

Martínez is also a candidate for the managerial vacancy at Aston Villa but the Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan, claims the Spaniard will not be leaving the DW Stadium. "Roberto is staying with us and I've agreed to his request to up our spending on youth development and training facilities," said Whelan. "That's going to be pretty costly as I have agreed to a full-sized indoor pitch – and that will cost £1.5million. Roberto's very keen on that aspect of the club. I have also agreed with him to bring in three or four new players."

PaulLFC

I haven't had a single one.

I feel like the person who's immune to infection in a biological outbreak.
If this was Pandemic, you'd be Madagascar.

On that note, everyone should play Pandemic. And then go and download Plague Inc for iOS. Costs 69p, but the same idea and even better than Pandemic.

Salazar

I haven't looked back more than a few pages, but how serious are the Adam Johnson to MUFC talks? And for the right price, would you want him Sal?

a) I doubt they are very serious.
b) Not really. I like him, but, ideally, we need a kind of slightly loopy aggression on our flanks.

Good to see a mid-table football chairman who isn't a total twat (See Steve Morgan, Karl Oyston).

Also, Lawrenson is on a different fucking planet. Totally off it - no idea how football actually works today. Saying that FSG looked silly sacking a manager before they had a replacement? Hell, I bet if FSG had searched for a manager while Kenny was at the club he'd have a go.

I've never liked Lawro. Always seemed like he begrudged any further success the club had.

immy

Banned
Good to see a mid-table football chairman who isn't a total twat (See Steve Morgan, Karl Oyston).

Also, Lawrenson is on a different fucking planet. Totally off it - no idea how football actually works today. Saying that FSG looked silly sacking a manager before they had a replacement? Hell, I bet if FSG had searched for a manager while Kenny was at the club he'd have a go.

I've never liked Lawro. Always seemed like he begrudged any further success the club had.

Lawrenson is so fucking dumb.

elsk

Banned
Again, on the Dzeko topic:

Nerlinger: "We're not under pressure at all." City want 30m. Prepare your body for a nice, lengthy negotiation.

The three backup plans if these negotiations fail are apparently Matias Suarez, Olivier Giroud and Luuk de Jong.

This is going to be the Boateng transfer all over again...

Arnie

yeah i always forget how popular the fucking videogame forum is, i only contine to skim through it out of habit.

edit: Will Liverpool still get Van Gaal as director or is that off now?
It's being reported that Rogers didn't want it and he got his way. I'm quite happy if that's the case, and I like his level of confidence to refuse a man who pioneered a similar style to that he is now a patron of.
If this was Pandemic, you'd be Madagascar.

On that note, everyone should play Pandemic. And then go and download Plague Inc for iOS. Costs 69p, but the same idea and even better than Pandemic.
Come this time tomorrow I'll have no more university deadlines and I'll be able to play all these crazy games you guys have been posting. I'm itching to try Score!, hearing you guys talk about it was hell.

Read that before and I was fuming; what an absolute colossal fucking turkey.

I know there's a certain word for Lawrenson that might get me banned, so I'll refrain from using it, but it's safe to say he is one. His photo's up in the chippy where I live back home because he's a local lad, and every time I see it I want to stick my head through it.

PaulLFC

Come this time tomorrow I'll have no more university deadlines and I'll be able to play all these crazy games you guys have been posting. I'm itching to try Score!, hearing you guys talk about it was hell.
Score! is brilliant. That and Plague Inc. are all I've played over the past week or so, £1.40 well spent.

Arnie

looking forward to brazil vs usa

until then i got wenb podcast on pes 2013 to kill time

Round that shit up for me. No doubt they'll talk about how this is a reinvention, a revolution, PES back to it's best. And no doubt it'll be bullshit.

Arnie

I haven't properly enjoyed a football game since PES 6.

I loved the old PES games but I also love recent FIFA. FIFA doesn't have the magic of the old PES titles, it's still not as memorable, but it's a fairly decent simulation of the sport.

Bumhead

Banned
I haven't properly enjoyed a football game since PES 6.

Wondered if that was just me.

FIFA feels like a soul-less shell of a game to me and PES is PES.

FIFA looks nice and is pretty authentic but who gives a shit? Online does my head in and the single player modes are as dull as dishwater. Once I get over the novelty of playing as Wednesday after 2 weeks it's always back to FM for me. Every year. And yet I still buy it.

PES 6 is the greatest non-management football game ever made.

Arnie

FIFA looks nice and is pretty authentic but who gives a shit? Online does my head in and the single player modes are as dull as dishwater. Once I get over the novelty of playing as Wednesday after 2 weeks it's always back to FM for me. Every year. And yet I still buy it.

I'd have thought you'd liked the new Fifa online system, meaning you can play head to head matches with Wednesday against only teams of a similar calibre. That's always been a drawback previously; no matter who you are you're going to face Barcelona.

I agree that FIFA feels soul less in that respect. There does still seem to be a degree of predictability which the series has consistently struggled with, even if Fifa 12 is the deepest 'simulation' to date.

Still can't truly see the draw of management games. It's just like playing a spreadsheet to me. I'd get more into it if you took and designed individual training sessions, and if there were more 'gamey' elements to it (draw on screen to tell a player to focus on specific runs).

PaulLFC

Round that shit up for me. No doubt they'll talk about how this is a reinvention, a revolution, PES back to it's best. And no doubt it'll be bullshit.
Yep, hardly visit WENB any more for this reason. Every year, without fail "This is the year PES is back to its best!" etc etc.

Having said that, the Eurogamer preview of 2013 seemed very positive, so I'm slightly optimistic.

I read today that next-gen PES will use the Fox Engine from Kojima Productions. So whatever happens, at least we know it'll be using a new engine and not this current one with upgraded visuals.

This, so much. I knew there was something "off" about FIFA compared to how PES used to be. It just doesn't feel as rewarding, despite it being a brilliant game. Even on 2012, I still find Master League more fun than any of FIFA's single player modes. PES just has something I can't describe that differentiates it from FIFA.

Arnie

Yep, hardly visit WENB any more for this reason. Every year, without fail "This is the year PES is back to its best!" etc etc.

Having said that, the Eurogamer preview of 2013 seemed very positive, so I'm slightly optimistic.

I read today that next-gen PES will use the Fox Engine from Kojima Productions. So whatever happens, at least we know it'll be using a new engine and not this current one with upgraded visuals.

Animation's the key. That above all else needs revamping, although I don't believe Konami have the raw dollars to research and invest in advanced animation systems like EA can.

I remember back in the old PES games when players had their own special animations. Compared to Fifa it was mind blowing.

I'm the same I haven't truly loved a footy game since the ps2 PES games

They were just phenomenal the ball was just Perfectly weighted whereas FIFA is still too floaty IMO

I miss my master league team it always had zidane, beckham, babangida (99 pace) and oliseh (99 shot power)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom