• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Getting really excited about the prospect of Kagawa playing at #10 for us next season Came across these videos

Part 1 and Part 2 of some neat passes. Looks great. Want us to get this deal done asap :(

We just need to get that deal done asap. Don't want any other teams sniffing around.

It also looks like Chelsea are interested in Nick Powell too.

GorillaJu

For fuck sake, wanted to melt away into my bed dreaming of that B-Rod blend, and I've just realised that I washed and dried my sheets earlier, so I'm going to have to spend 20 odd minutes making my bed.

bmYjs.jpg

Let us know how it goes, pumpkin

jtb

Banned
Dempsey and Donovan haven't played together in a single US match under Klinnsman? Surprising. And did the American commentator just call Howard "Timmy"? :/

Wes

venison crêpe
Players who stutter during a penalty kick should be yellow carded. I'm sick of it.

Or failing that, if the kicker stutters the keeper is allowed to leave his line. That would sort the bastards out.

Meier

Man, I'd have to see it again but looked like Leandro was offside.. certainly very close if not. Great save by Howard.

jtb

Banned
the US is being pretty sloppy in possession and even sloppier in counters. movement seems promising though, and seems Klinnsman has tightened up the defense a bit.

edit: also, still really disappointing that the US didn't qualify for the olympics. :(

Sloosha

the US is being pretty sloppy in possession and even sloppier in counters. movement seems promising though, and seems Klinnsman has tightened up the defense a bit.

edit: also, still really disappointing that the US didn't qualify for the olympics. :(

Yeah, impressed with their off the ball play atm. They look like a well coached, organized unit, closing down the opposition quickly.

EDIT: Then Brazil scores. lol

jtb

Banned
Yeah, impressed with their off-the-ball play atm. They look like a well coached, organized unit, closing down the opposition quickly.

Ironic, given all the shit Klinsmann has gotten for his tactical naivete with Bayern/Germany.

So much for that :lol, Silva........ :/

Meier

Did they darken the numbering on the USMNT kits? Seems considerably easier to pick them out..

Man, couple chances on volleys by the team and just awful takes. We could use Clint on the pitch.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I guess that win over scotland was just a fluke lol...my friends are pissed at gouch...haha...

jtb

Banned
You can thank the assistant coach for that, Klinsmann is a motivator/manager not a coach.

So I hear. still, even if Klinsmann just picks the starting XIs, he's doing better than Bradley (Ricardo Clark against Ghana fuuuuuu) and it was always obvious Gulati liked his vision of the USNMT over Bradley's.

We just need to get that deal done asap. Don't want any other teams sniffing around.

It also looks like Chelsea are interested in Nick Powell too.
Looking to buy a Japan shirt with his name on it :)

Think we can fend off Chelsea's interest for Powell. Would be most concerned about Arsenal rivalling us for him.

elsk

Banned
So I hear. still, even if Klinsmann just picks the starting XIs, he's doing better than Bradley (Ricardo Clark against Ghana fuuuuuu) and it was always obvious Gulati liked his vision of the USNMT over Bradley's.

I doubt Bradley's USA NT would be 2-0 down against this Brazil in the first 20 minutes.
Still, I think he'll do a lot of good to the USA football structure, specially in youth divisions and stuff like that. But I wouldn't be surprised if he fails to qualify for the WC or ends up in 4 place.

jtb

Banned
I doubt Bradley's USA NT would be 2-0 down against this Brazil in the first 20 minutes.
Still, I think he'll do a lot of good to the USA football structure, specially in youth divisions and stuff like that. But I wouldn't be surprised if he fails to qualify for the WC or ends up in 4 place.

2009 Confederations Cup, in the group stages. 20 minutes in, 2 goals down (better Brazil side though)! But yeah, we'll never know - then again, I'm of the opinion Bradley should never have been given a second chance after the World Cup, same mistakes as the Confederations Cup, then again in the Gold Cup, etc. If only we could have gotten Bielsa... that would have really been something. As it is, Klinsmann is doing pretty decent (and its just a friendly, hopefully we learn from this) and hopefully that work in the youth products and scouring the globe for potential American passports pays off.

Also I wish this American commentator would shut the fuck up. We don't need sugar coating over the fact that we're being beaten by a pretty shitty (relatively speaking) Brazil.

yessss goal!

edit: that michael bradley pass was fantastic; he's been outstanding lately.

Clegg

:lol :lol fucking :lol

He plays for Hull these days. And he's so rubbish that they are actually loaning him out to other clubs. And even then he still can't get a regular game because they all realize he's rubbish as soon as he plays a few matches for them.

He's only in the squad because better players are injured. But that isn't much comfort to me. We're a Richard Dunne injury away from the possibility of Mc Shane playing. And Dunne has had problems with injuries recently.

K1LLER7

Watched the Kagawa clips, haven't seen much of him before but damn he can make some crazy passes. Definately need to get him signed.

daegan

They'd be down 1-0, but I also don't expect we would've scored that goal at the end.

MPW

I remember back in the old PES games when players had their own special animations. Compared to Fifa it was mind blowing.

Talking about Player ID: "Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Robben, Iniesta, Neymar, Xavi, Ribery, Puyol and Terry, even with his famous diving header, were shown in sequence in real movies and gaming."

ronaldo will obviously have more own animations than the rest cause he's the cover boy!

lol hulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom