• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I'm getting my provisional exam results tomorrow afternoon :/

Had a number of problems throughout the year so I'm not expecting good things.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm getting my provisional exam results tomorrow afternoon :/

Had a number of problems throughout the year so I'm not expecting good things.

What year are you in?

I can't wait for my results. First year, only need 40% to pass everything. Boo yah

Salazar

And Cavani.

aHoJp.gif

Clegg

What year are you in?

I can't wait for my results. First year, only need 40% to pass everything. Boo yah

2nd year of a 3 year degree.

Only 2nd and 3rd years counted towards my degree. Only 4 semesters counted overall but I started my 2nd year a semester late. So I'll still have an extra semester to do while my mates have already finished.

Wilbur

Banned
2nd year of a 3 year degree.

Only 2nd and 3rd years counted towards my degree. Only 4 semesters counted overall but I started my 2nd year a semester late. So I'll still have an extra semester to do while my mates have already finished.

Yeah this year counts towards nothing, just need to pass it.

What course do you do?

Clegg

Yeah this year counts towards nothing, just need to pass it.

What course do you do?

Major in Economics with a minor in Politics.

Aspirations to do a masters in Actuarial Studies which won't actually happen unless I start getting properly good grades. I need straight A's and B's not the usual C's, occasional D and odd F.

GorillaJu

Someone on RAWK claiming Sigurdsson to Liverpool is "likely." He has at least some form of a source to be allowed to make a new topic in the transfer forum.

Yyyyeeeeessssss.

GorillaJu

He's saying what I want to hear. That instantly gives him credibility.

Mr Jenkins tweeted that Gylfi -> Swans hinged on Brendan Rodgers staying. Swansea fans seem resigned to losing both.

Liverpool absolutely must have a good pre-season this year. The red god must be pleased

Jaqen-H-ghar-jaqen-hghar-30595780-246-300.jpg

Clegg

Your course load might be the one time where austerity is effective

Quantitative easing baby.

Throw lots of money at it and hope my problems go away!!

Seriously, 1st sem in 2nd year didn't go well. I've now 3 sems to make up for that.

elsk

Banned
Is going to be a long summer.

edit:

"Agent confirms Schalke interest in Van der Vaart. S04 would be a more attractive destination than Spurs this yr."

"Gladbach interested in Guidetti as an option if Luuk de Jong doesn't come. Would be a good chance for John G & a cheap signing for BMG."

"Kicker reporting that Bayern are interested in Pandev." Wait, what?

Someone on RAWK claiming Sigurdsson to Liverpool is "likely." He has at least some form of a source to be allowed to make a new topic in the transfer forum.

Yyyyeeeeessssss.
Gylfi's a massive United fan. Would have to spite himself to go to Liverpool.

Sure he will if he has the opportunity, great for his career obv, just sayin'.

Salazar

RAWK "staff" said:
There may be some fans on here who did not wish for his appointment, perhaps preferring any number of other candidates. Let us make one thing clear: We support our manager. Full stop. If any of you are unable to do that, you will find yourselves looking for another fansite to post on. Liverpool supporters are meant to do things the right way and make no mistake, we will remove persistent whingers, moaners, nostalgists and petty posters from this site without a second thought.

Fucking dying.

Fucking dying.
RAWK is genuinely in a world of its own. Their problem is the moderators are the worst of the lot. Banned if you don't support the manager :lol

Bolded bit is pretty funny seeing as that more or less describes RAWK for 9 months of the year :lol

dc89

Mark Lawreson on Rodgers - "This is the biggest gamble the club have taken in a long, long time"

Rumours circulating about Paul Lambert asking Norwich if he can talk to Villa about the managers job and that he was refused, so he's quit Norwich. Can't see it and would be surprised.

Also Steve Bruce is a favourite for the Hull job.

And more transfer muppetry - Walcott to City with A.Johnson going the other way.

Yen

RAWK is genuinely in a world of its own. Their problem is the moderators are the worst of the lot. Banned if you don't support the manager :lol

Bolded bit is pretty funny seeing as that more or less describes RAWK for 9 months of the year :lol

The mods there don't really consider themselves mods, rather as "editors." They had to apologise recently for their removal of anyone disagreeing with Kenny. That's lasted long then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Caceres: "Suarez likes the idea of Juve."

Caceres: "I want to stay with Juventus for life and win everything."
We're lucky if we win anything

The likelihood of getting Suarez is -1%.

Speaking of which!

"Edinson Cavani’s agent has warned there will be a meeting with Napoli next week, after which he can “be more precise on the future.”

All of them are on international duty with Uruguay atm.

Messi

So easy. Marcelo scores. The team is so much better without Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho is gone.
Even in his team he is hated at the moment.
The supporters cant wait to see him gone

I never wanted him in Flamengo in the first place.

Receiving R$ 1 million per month on a club notorious for delaying payments, it was going to be a disaster.

Edit: lol Marcelo u idiot

Why must you all hurt me so? I know it's true but it's hard to accept that my footballing hero is a shadow of his former self.

Guess I'll go back to watching his worlds greatest video on YouTube and cry myself to sleep

pulga

Banned
Footy GAF! Why are women such pains in the ass? Why can't every discussion be settled through a nerve wracking penalty shoot out?! WHY FOOTBALL GODS WHY

brb imma go back a "GIRL GAF THREAD" in the OT
not really

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Interviewer: Let's talk about Schalke04, are they really in the market for you? Are you interested in them?

VDV: Not at the moment, I feel good at the Spurs, but you never know what will come. It's my intention to stay, I would be able to say that I will stay, but you never really know in football what will happen. I've also read that Schalke is interested, but it isn't like they have officially reported their interest to me.

Interviewer: Asking about Germany, his wife, CL football for Schalke, etc. (to tired to translate all of it :p)

VDV: My wife is of course really well-known in Germany, I think it's a fantastic country, but I would prefer to stay at Spurs for a while.

carlton-dance-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom