• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Reason my Barca kits have not shipped, the goalkeeper kit does not launch until august. It said May when I ordered it. Told nice lady to remove it from the order and it should ship today/tomorrow. Slight hope I get it before tuesday. I got express shipping.

dc89

Reason my Barca kits have not shipped, the goalkeeper kit does not launch until august. It said May when I ordered it. Told nice lady to remove it from the order and it should ship today/tomorrow. Slight hope I get it before tuesday. I got express shipping.

Which country do you live in Messi out of interest? Don't have to answer that if you don't want to haha.

GorillaJu

Gylfi's a massive United fan. Would have to spite himself to go to Liverpool.

Sure he will if he has the opportunity, great for his career obv, just sayin'.

Since when did this matter?

Solksjaer (sp) was a Liverpool fan. Anton Ferdinand as well, AFAIK.

Torres and Xabi Alonso are Liverpool fans. Charlie Adam is a United fan.

It's called being a professional.

GorillaJu

Fucking dying.

There are members who will continuously come into threads, drop some whinging bullshit that they've repeated multiple times over, start an argument and never, EVER change their view no matter how many times a more rational perspective is pointed out to them - they'll just keep posting the same stupid bullshit and shitting up all the threads.

In other words, imagine having the Liverpool equivalent of doicare - then multiply him so you have 30 or 40 of them online at the same time. Then increase the thread count from 1 football thread to hundreds of them. Watch what happens. It's not fun.

fuenf

No you may not, but followers of their sport will know them.

i understand the reasoning but it's still strange. Bolt, Alonso (and Aguero) are globally recognized superstars , it's just weird seeing them paired with these "niche" players. Instead of thinking "aw thats a cool ad" i'm thinking "wtf are these guys." But maybe thats just me...

Messi

Panic bought a blank Barca home kit (it says it can take 3 days for a printed jersey to process), get home after ordering it to see my thiago kit is being processed lol :/

pappe

I thought Liverpool had a transfer budget of like £35m In all. How will they be able to afford Cavani. I doubt he will go for anything less than £40m?

GorillaJu

Lol.. no way in hell we're getting Cavani. Pipe dream signing.

If the manager wanted him, the owners would okay it. They love big fuck-off signings - they've landed some huge ones for the Red Sox.

I don't think that he wouldn't want to come to us - as sought after as he is, if Liverpool was offering him the most playing time and decent wages, he'd take the chance.

But we'd lose him after a year if we didn't get in the CL. If we get Cavani, it'll be under the condition that we got back into the CL (will take a few years) and he's never left Napoli. 1% chance.

Messi

05/06 Barca kit w/ Ronaldinho arrived, material feels different than I remember. Smaller than I would have liked. But still fits. Still a lovely kit.

pappe

I don't think that he wouldn't want to come to us - as sought after as he is, if Liverpool was offering him the most playing time and decent wages, he'd take the chance.

But we'd lose him after a year if we didn't get in the CL. If we get Cavani, it'll be under the condition that we got back into the CL (will take a few years) and he's never left Napoli. 1% chance.
I think apart from City Cavani will get into the starting eleven for any PL side and some other sides can provide higher wages and UCL football as well.

I have feeling Cavani will end up Real Madrid or Juve.

Are they really trying to sign Cavani? that would be amazing.

They might be trying but... It will be really fucking hard for them, not just because De Laurentiis will want to squeeze out as many millions as possible and is not to happy with selling Cavani, but also because there will no doubt be lots of clubs with both champions league next year and are also title challengers willing to pay as much as Liverpool will.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think apart from City Cavani will get into the starting eleven for any PL side and some other sides can provide higher wages and UCL football as well.

Even with City! Aguero is a completely different striker, they can start together!

pappe said:
I have feeling Cavani will end up Real Madrid or Juve.

Doubt it.

Messi

They might be trying but... It will be really fucking hard for them, not just because De Laurentiis will want to squeeze out as many millions as possible and is not to happy with selling Cavani, but also because there will no doubt be lots of clubs with both champions league next year and are also title challengers willing to pay as much as Liverpool will.

I think Cavani would be huge in the PL.

doicare

There are members who will continuously come into threads, drop some whinging bullshit that they've repeated multiple times over, start an argument and never, EVER change their view no matter how many times a more rational perspective is pointed out to them - they'll just keep posting the same stupid bullshit and shitting up all the threads.

In other words, imagine having the Liverpool equivalent of doicare - then multiply him so you have 30 or 40 of them online at the same time. Then increase the thread count from 1 football thread to hundreds of them. Watch what happens. It's not fun.
Must have missed the post where i was actually proved wrong.

GorillaJu

Must have missed the post where i was actually proved wrong.

I didn't ever say wrong, or even imply it. I implied that you are irrational.

Kyoufu is lagging like a motherfucker in this thread right now. 54 posts? Are you serious? Wilbury is murdering you, dude. Stop playing Diablo 3, it sucks.

I didn't ever say wrong, or even imply it. I implied that you are irrational.

Kyoufu is lagging like a motherfucker in this thread right now. 54 posts? Are you serious? Wilbury is murdering you, dude. Stop playing Diablo 3, it sucks.

Wilbz posts shit though, always about dicks or kids

sorry bro

GorillaJu

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

re #lfc sporty director role. F.S.G had only 2 external #contenders (L.V.G & txiki) #fact and i'm told they will not abandon that structure.
開く

3分 duncan jenkins duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC

#lfc fans dont worry about stories of "stalling" mates, obvious this would happen. for all

Hmmm! What will happen?? (I love his trolling)

dc89

Panic bought a blank Barca home kit (it says it can take 3 days for a printed jersey to process), get home after ordering it to see my thiago kit is being processed lol :/

05/06 Barca kit w/ Ronaldinho arrived, material feels different than I remember. Smaller than I would have liked. But still fits. Still a lovely kit.

nike-05-06-barcelona-home-shirt---no-10-ronaldinho.gif

That one?

How much disposable income do you have to spend on shirts lol :p

Even with City! Aguero is a completely different striker, they can start together!

Doubt it.

I'd have Cavani at City in a heart beat.

FootballFan

I have had that since forever(the shirt dc89 posted above), never worn it anywhere, only put it on a couple times just for a few seconds. Too good to make it dirty or sweaty.
plus it's a bit too big :(

Kozak

Banned
576838_421484047885899_1564154329_n.jpg

Will be interesting to see his impact on Atletico Madrid. We're going to have to find a replacement that compares..

Hixx

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO

We are bringing this man to Euro 2012.

I will actually cry if he gets any gametime.

My favourite video on youtube I've posted in here a couple of times. The broken English adds to the hilarity. HE CLEAN EVERYTHING

RAWK, bless, have written up a little official welcome to Rodgers.

rawk is the best football forum. It's amazing. Honestly it's like some genius sits and writes it all himself, it feels like a perfect parody.

Since when did this matter?

Solksjaer (sp) was a Liverpool fan. Anton Ferdinand as well, AFAIK.

Torres and Xabi Alonso are Liverpool fans. Charlie Adam is a United fan.

It's called being a professional.

Anton is a West Ham fan. Unfortunately we all have our faults and that is his.

Arnie

Duncan Jenkins just coined the term 'King Brenny'. That guy's fucking hilarious.

I hope we go for Txixi rather than LVG. I have a feeling LVG would just cause controversy at the club, and I want Rodgers to be (at least on the surface) to clear main man.

GorillaJu

Duncan Jenkins just coined the term 'King Brenny'. That guy's fucking hilarious.

I hope we go for Txixi rather than LVG. I have a feeling LVG would just cause controversy at the club, and I want Rodgers to be (at least on the surface) to clear main man.

Txiki Begiristain would probably fit better with Rodgers. You could see them working more independently but in tandem - on parallel wavelengths, essentially. My natural worry is that Van Gaal would too often encroach on Rodgers' work. Rodgers is a fantastic coach, so he won't be needing pointers on how to handle the team.

Maybe it'll just be Pep Segura? He's already expressed in the past how he wants the playing philosophy to be consistent on all levels. Given how well the academy is running, I could see him being slowly worked in as our club technical director.

Bit jealous you guys got Rodgers. I love Wenger to death, but it's clear we need some fresh blood, a shake-up of the club from top to bottom. When Wenger inevitably leaves, I hope he stays on at Arsenal.

Yen

Txiki Begiristain would probably fit better with Rodgers. You could see them working more independently but in tandem - on parallel wavelengths, essentially. My natural worry is that Van Gaal would too often encroach on Rodgers' work. Rodgers is a fantastic coach, so he won't be needing pointers on how to handle the team.

Maybe it'll just be Pep Segura? He's already expressed in the past how he wants the playing philosophy to be consistent on all levels. Given how well the academy is running, I could see him being slowly worked in as our club technical director.

First thing they need to do is promote Suso and tie him down on a new contract. His current deal ends next summer. Would fit in perfectly in Rodgers' team, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom