• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
This was just posted on my local Chelsea page:

Word is that Hulk has signed a 5 year deal, nothing official from the Blues but the source is the same that broke the Hazard news. The rumor also seems to be supported by tweets and activity from Hulk's official twitter account. The fee is believed to be between €38-€45m.

spidye

Just from word of mouth on the Chelsea page I follow. There's a few Germans who post there. That's actually where I heard first about our interest in Marin.

I know the team struggled, but was Burma really that poor? I know he wasn't a lock to start every game, but I do recall he scored a few goals. Probably not as many as he let in......

I'm probably not the best person to judge him. there's actually a hamburg fan here. he can definitely tell more about him.
If I'm not entirely wrong he was pretty slow and prone to mistakes. could be because he's just 20years old and it was his first season in a professional top league, though. so next season will be interesting to keep an eye on him.

Arnie

Word is that Hulk has signed a 5 year deal, nothing official from the Blues but the source is the same that broke the Hazard news. The rumor also seems to be supported by tweets and activity from Hulk's official twitter account. The fee is believed to be between €38-€45m.

28051273ni74.gif

No, Stephan Andersen (Evian) will start. Lindegaard might get the third match against Germany depending on our situation.

Woot! Evian Thonon Gaillard!

Yeah, that made me Lol so hard during my travel on the underground. Also, don't forget the part where they mentined never ever give that leg to robot since they will just get used to its taste.

I love Giantbombcast <3

It is great. About 90% talking, 10% talking about video games.

Brendan Rodgers is like the Northern Irish Eric Taylor, for those of you who've watched FNL.

So he has a beautiful wife who almost always is rational when she has every right not to be? And a slutty daughter who treats the QB with a heart of gold like shit? And an ugly baby (yea, I said it).

Fry

Word is that Hulk has signed a 5 year deal, nothing official from the Blues but the source is the same that broke the Hazard news. The rumor also seems to be supported by tweets and activity from Hulk's official twitter account. The fee is believed to be between &#8364;38-&#8364;45m.

ffs

stop buying all brazilian players I like.

Clegg

Fuck off Chelsea.

A Hulk/Hazard/Mata/Torres front 4 looks very tasty.

Offers absolutely nothing in defence though.

Thats where Chelsea look their most vulnerable imo.

Wilbur

Banned
The John Terry mannequin in that video looks like Michael Myers from Halloween.

It's a toss up to which ones more likely to violate young women as well.

Funny hearing this video and Terry saying 'Roman's not gonna want to spend this kind of money forever you know?'

And the interviewer gets very close to Rodgers.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck off Chelsea.

A Hulk/Hazard/Mata/Torres front 4 looks very tasty.

Offers absolutely nothing in defence though.

Thats where Chelsea look their most vulnerable imo.

I think it's a good defensive line up to be honest; Luiz/Terry are the weak links. If they sit back deeper than AVB had them, Cahill, Cole and Ivanovic are strong.

Will be interesting to see how Ramires settles into a deeper role; I'd assume he, Mikel and Lampard will rotate; can't see Romeu getting much game time.

I think it's a good defensive line up to be honest; Luiz/Terry are the weak links. If they sit back deeper than AVB had them, Cahill, Cole and Ivanovic are strong.

Will be interesting to see how Ramires settles into a deeper role; I'd assume he, Mikel and Lampard will rotate; can't see Romeu getting much game time.

Lukaku is fucked. Come to Aston Villa Romeu!

GQman2121

Banned
These were just posted from the option file maker (Glen The Magpie) that I use for PES. These are taken from PES 12 with updated kits.

AuO0cXmCIAEyLWV.jpg

AuO0j1CCEAIB00S.jpg

AuO0TblCAAE73AR.jpg

And the one I know everyone is dying to see……

AuO0NMfCIAMGwUy.jpg

sohois

It's still the weakest defence of the big teams bar Arsenal. Chelsea could really do with a DM to replace Essien, Mikel is never going to cut it, Romeu is still a way off & Ramires doesn't seem to be particularly suited. I suppose Fellaini would be the obvious candidate at the moment.

Fry

Is this PES 2012? Graphics seems to be very hit-and-miss. Some great looking players and... Lampard. Looks nothing like him.

Wilbur

Banned
It's still the weakest defence of the big teams bar Arsenal. Chelsea could really do with a DM to replace Essien, Mikel is never going to cut it, Romeu is still a way off & Ramires doesn't seem to be particularly suited. I suppose Fellaini would be the obvious candidate at the moment.

They definitely need an Essien but there's no way Lampard and Terry get phased out right now so they're starters.

I wish PES was still good :( FIFA just doesn't cut it for me.

Clegg

Hulk, Hazard and Mata will all want gametime. Then Chelsea need a striker up top as well. None of these 4 will offer much cover.

Lampard is on his last legs imo so much of the covering work would go to Mikel(decent but nothing special) and Ramires(who is fantastic).

Ashley Cole is the only solid defender in the Chelsea back 4 imo. Terry and Luiz are prone to brainfarts and I'm really not convinced about Cahill.

Chelsea also need a good distributor in midfield. Watch them sign Modric now.

I suppose their strategy will be to blow everyone away with their front 4.

GQman2121

Banned
Lukaku is fucked. Come to Aston Villa Romeu!

Not necessarily. Porto was most effective with Falcao playing in front of goal and Hulk a bit wide right.

Torres and Lukaku are the only must stay in the box or else strikers we currently have.

It's Sturridge who might be the odd man out, left practicing his step-overs on the sideline. Then again it also might mean he could be the go to CF if he hits a run of form.

Wilbur

Banned
Hulk, Hazard and Mata will all want gametime. Then Chelsea need a striker up top as well. None of these 4 will offer much cover.

Lampard is on his last legs imo so much of the covering work would go to Mikel and Ramires(who is fantastic).

Ashley Cole is the only solid defender in the Chelsea back 4 imo. Terry and Luiz are prone to brainfarts and I'm really not convinced about Cahill.

Chelsea also need a good distributor in midfield. Watch them sign Modric now.

I suppose their strategy will be to blow everyone away with their front 4.

Mata, Hazard, Hulk and Torres will be automatic starters. For me, Lampard should be a substitute automatically for me but he'll only cry his fucking dick off again. But I would say Marin, Lampard, Sturridge and Lukaku are substitutes for them.

Mikel, Ramires, Essien and Romeu as the two covering midfielders isn't great; only Ramires is proper quality but at least Mikel and Romeu have talent and time. Essien's spent unfortunately.

I really rate Premier Ass, I think he's great. Cahill looked good in the Bolton defence and I think he's looked fine in the Chelsea defence so far. Dependable player. Luiz is even more prone to brainfarts than Terry but he's got the talent if he can keep his concentration.

Meier

Word is that Hulk has signed a 5 year deal, nothing official from the Blues but the source is the same that broke the Hazard news. The rumor also seems to be supported by tweets and activity from Hulk's official twitter account. The fee is believed to be between &#8364;38-&#8364;45m.

That's a really nice price. 30-35 million pounds for someone of his talent level is about as much as you can ask for. Chelsea are definitely becoming an even scarier team on paper... doubt they'll miss a beat in terms of Drogba's production. Hard to say how the loss of his leadership will affect them though.

GorillaJu

They definitely need an Essien but there's no way Lampard and Terry get phased out right now so they're starters.

I wish PES was still good :( FIFA just doesn't cut it for me.

There's a really fun arcade game by Konami thats a mix between FM-lite and a trading card game. You manage your team by moving your player's cards around on a miniature pitch, and the game plays out on the big screen in front of you and a few others. You can change formations by moving your cards around (physically, not virtual cards) and there are other management aspects too. Games play out like FM. You watch and control the flow of your team but not individual players.

It's fun and very popular with high schoolers. When I told one of my HS classes that I've played the game they all brought in their rare Ronaldinhos and such to show me. One student gave me an Agüero from Atleti, I think from 2009.

Er.. This might or might not be Japan only. Does this sound familiar? I guess you don't really have too many arcades over there these days.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't believe it's fucking May and Chelsea have spent 70 million already.

There's a really fun arcade game by Konami thats a mix between FM-lite and a trading card game. You manage your team by moving your player's cards around on a miniature pitch, and the game plays out on the big screen in front of you and a few others. You can change formations by moving your cards around (physically, not virtual cards) and there are other management aspects too. Games play out like FM. You watch and control the flow of your team but not individual players.

It's fun and very popular with high schoolers. When I told one of my HS classes that I've played the game they all brought in their rare Ronaldinhos and such to show me. One student gave me an Agüero from Atleti, I think from 2009.

Er.. This might or might not be Japan only. Does this sound familiar? I guess you don't really have too many arcades over there these days.

No idea what the fuck you're on about haha! Sounds fun though.

Yen

Are you high?

This sequence of posts from a United form in regards to the new GM deal killed me;

I'll be driving my Chevy in Levy

I'm amazda it took so long.

Let's hope the deal allows us to a ford to buy some quality players, I doubt it though.

You Astra be joking

I opel free up some cash for players

Can we Focus on the thread topic please.

Corsa we can, Andy

Always look Honda bright side of life.

So. Bad.

GorillaJu

Can't believe it's fucking May and Chelsea have spent 70 million already.

No idea what the fuck you're on about haha! Sounds fun though.

Haha I was meaning to suggest you try it if you can find it over there. I was wrong about t being by Konami . It's actually by Sega.

I'm also not fond of either Fifa or Pes. Haven't really liked a soccer game since PES glory days. I like this game though.

Here's the Wiki:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Club_Champion_Football

World Club Champion Football (WCCF) is a Japanese collectible card game and fantasy football/soccer sports arcade game produced by Sega. The player assembles a squad by collecting and trading specially marked cards, produced by Panini. The player then selects a team and manage it, playing simulated football matches on an arcade machine taking part in friendly, league and cup competitions.

Wilbur

Banned
Aight rastclats, big news round-up

Norwich's Paul Lambert would be good for Aston Villa, says Shay Given - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/norwich-paul-lambert-aston-villa

And the Guardian are doing a bunch of really good analyses for each team of the Euros: one for a specific player on each team, one for the team profile and tactical analysis as a whole. All of group A, Germany and Portugal up so far: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/euro-2012-experts-network

GQman2121

Banned
Mata, Hazard, Hulk and Torres will be automatic starters. For me, Lampard should be a substitute automatically for me but he'll only cry his fucking dick off again. But I would say Marin, Lampard, Sturridge and Lukaku are substitutes for them.

Mikel, Ramires, Essien and Romeu as the two covering midfielders isn't great; only Ramires is proper quality but at least Mikel and Romeu have talent and time. Essien's spent unfortunately.

I really rate Premier Ass, I think he's great. Cahill looked good in the Bolton defence and I think he's looked fine in the Chelsea defence so far. Dependable player. Luiz is even more prone to brainfarts than Terry but he's got the talent if he can keep his concentration.

I agree. A 4-2-3-1 is what I'm envisioning.

If you add Modric to the bolded section things start to look more than solid. With all the competitions we're in, a rotation in the MF is going to be needed. I think with one more player we have a solid mix of both old (and experience) and new.

Meier

I agree. A 4-2-3-1 is what I'm envisioning.

If you add Modric to the bolded section things start to look more than solid. With all the competitions we're in, a rotation in the MF is going to be need. I think with one more player we have a solid mix of both old (and experience) and new.

Surely Modric is out of the question with Hulk and Hazard coming in? That would be a solid 110 million pounds on 3 attacking midfielders in one transfer period.. Roman obviously has the money to throw around, but that seems a bit excessive.

Fry

i found our official 'happy birthday' default picture.

um8Ip.jpg

It's supposed to mean 'Happy Birthday Clint' :lol

It's Japan. The 'concept' country. You get tons of cool stuff we don't get out here in the 'real world'. :p Plus arcades are still in business there because people don't abuse things like everywhere else.

Here in China arcades are in business too, but they're basically made up of imported Japanese cast-offs and the machines are scruffy and botched back together.

GorillaJu

'twas but a joke. Seemed a bizarre game.

Not offended.

It's fun. Incorporates real objects into a video game. Arcades hold tournaments and such, and you can play head to head with random dudes at the arcade as well of course.

I take it they don't have it in the UK?

Edit: I see. Thanks Dark. Yeah, game centers are huge in Japan but that's because fewer people own home consoles. Dudes in suits just stop by on the way home for a few rounds of Tekken, PES, World Club Football, Gundam or whatever.

Yen

Not offended.

It's fun. Incorporates real objects into a video game. Arcades hold tournaments and such, and you can play head to head with random dudes at the arcade as well of course.

I take it they don't have it in the UK?

Hell, we don't even have arcades, nevermind that specific game.

GQman2121

Banned
Surely Modric is out of the question with Hulk and Hazard coming in? That would be a solid 110 million pounds on 3 attacking midfielders in one transfer period.. Roman obviously has the money to throw around, but that seems a bit excessive.

What's a realistic price for Modric right now? I'm aware of the price that Levy has in his mind, but surely he's not worth more than Hazard. I know he's a proven playmaker in the league, however he's also six years older and doesn't have the hype value that Eden currently has.

Honestly, I think anywhere from £25-28m can get the conversation started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom