• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

That's pretty shit about Lampard, means we've just lost our most successful penalty taker. Oh well, not that it'd probably matter anyway lol.

So CM options are...

Parker - Decent player but don't think he's good enough at International tournament level.
Henderson - Not developed enough, not enough presence or confidence, thrown in at the deep end and doubt he can handle it.
Gerrard - Once a great player, wrecked by injuries. A shame because he could have finally have been set loose at Stevie Me just as he always should have been, but he could actually do with Fat Frank's belly supporting him in his current state.
Milner - Meh
Jones - Lol

GQman2121

Banned
Realistic price? :lol Levy will not sell at a realistic price to Chelsea.I'm sure he'll sell you Redknapp, but he's not going to sell you Modric unless there's really crazy money on the table. Comparisons to Hazard are pointless. That's not how the transfer market works.

You and Viva are right about Hazard's price not directly effecting Modric. But does the player not have a say in the matter?

I know he's still under contract, and the same situation came up last summer, but Levy is running out of chips to play. He's going to have to seriously consider a compromise if offers come from us or United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Huge difference between what Buffon did in the past and what's happening now with the other players under investigation.

Buffon never bet on a fixed game. Normally, footballers are asked not to bet for obvious reasons (i.e Jack Wilshere), but some of them do it anyway secretly.

He was cleared every single time though.

kharma45

So CM options are...

Parker - Decent player but don't think he's good enough at International tournament level.
Henderson - Not developed enough, not enough presence or confidence, thrown in at the deep end and doubt he can handle it.
Gerrard - Once a great player, wrecked by injuries. A shame because he could have finally have been set loose at Stevie Me just as he always should have been, but he could actually do with Fat Frank's belly supporting him in his current state.
Milner - Meh
Jones - Lol

Clevgod needed, stat.

But in all seriousness, although he's not had a lot of game time of late I wonder if he was considered being taken. Carrick might not have wanted to be a bit-part player but it might have suited Cleverly ok.

While N'zogbia my become good, Sturridge himself isn't as good. An yes, they are similiar type of players in the sense that they both are wingers who can play as attckers with some dribbling skills. By that reference, I meant how N'Zogbia behaved whenever he wasn't picked and how awful he was whene ver he was picked. Granted, McLeash played Defensive tactics, but he was rubbish nevertheless. Coming from Birmingham or not, doesn't matter. What matters is if he can bring anything to the table and as far as I can see, he won't.

it was a joke, but if you took it seriously, i might as well reply it seriously

I just want transfer activity. Ideally I would love a pair of midfielders, another CB, a pair of fullbacks and a striker. Ideally, I want some young targets with one veteran midfielder. Then I think we should have a good squad and a good foundation to build off of. If we can get Markoun back from his loan I would be thrilled.

Clevgod needed, stat.

But in all seriousness, although he's not had a lot of game time of late I wonder if he was considered being taken. Carrick might not have wanted to be a bit-part player but it might have suited Cleverly ok.
Could have taken him but it would have been a desperate pick. Hardly played this season and proved nothing.

Roy should have taken Carrick because Carrick should have been rated as an important player for England considering the already diminishing options in CM before the tournament. Still stupid of Carrick to retire with the condition he did IMO. Thing is I doubt he even cares enough, not interested in playing for England now. Not interested enough at least.

Better left to those who still want to fight for their spot, just a shame for England none of them are very good.

elsk

Banned
New kits.

ibfgTBsoCwYwR1.jpeg

Are you fucking kidding me.

rodvik

Will be hoping for a quick exit from England, since Gerrard will probably play every game

Dont worry a quick exit is assured. Not having a go at Liverpool but we seem to have way too many players from you lot who are barely good enough for the Liverpool team, let alone England.

Wilbur

Banned
Barcelona winger Isaac Cuenca will be out of action for three to four months after having arthroscopic surgery on the cartilage in his right knee, the Spanish club said on Thursday.

The Spanish Under 21 international will miss out on the Olympic Games in London.
Cuenca scored twice in 16 La Liga appearances last season after stepping up from the youth ranks into Barca's first team.

His club and international team mate, midfielder Thiago Alcantara, is struggling with a tibia problem and is a doubt for the Olympics, club doctors said.

Wessiej

Last one, I swear.

jelavicnike.jpg

anyway, I like it. I don't know whats up with the gold but its about time that all of the symbols share a similiar colour. And yes, I agree, Neville shouldn't be used as a model. Also, Fellani and Baines is not modelling. Scary signs!

Oxx

Might get England away shirt and the Humble Bundle.

This thread is worse than the bargains thread for costing me money.

dc89

Shall we club together and buy the net this goal was scored in?

aguero.ashx

City are auctioning it off, £500 minimum bid. Money goes to charity.

Last one, I swear.

jelavicnike.jpg

anyway, I like it. I don't know whats up with the gold but its about time that all of the symbols share a similiar colour. And yes, I agree, Neville shouldn't be used as a model. Also, Fellani and Baines is not modelling. Scary signs!

:lol :lol :lol

Shall we club together and buy the net this goal was scored in?

aguero.ashx

City are auctioning it off, £500 minimum bid. Money goes to charity.

Are friends and family of City employees allowed to bid?

You and Viva are right about Hazard's price not directly effecting Modric. But does the player not have a say in the matter?

I know he's still under contract, and the same situation came up last summer, but Levy is running out of chips to play. He's going to have to seriously consider a compromise if offers come from us or United.

Theoretically no. He's under contract for 4 more years. Not sure I would call that running out of chips. I do think we will sell if a club from outside of the Premier League make a decent offer though. What he did last year obviously didn't work and I hope he's not stupid enough to try the same tactic again in order to get his move, however much he's advised to do so. As for seriously considering a compromise from United or Chelsea, I'm not sure how that situation would arise. Levy was told not to sell last time and if he's told to do so again then I don't see why he would have a problem.

Neuer - Boateng, Mertesacker, Badstuber, Lahm - Müller, Kroos, Khedira, Özil, Podolski - Gomez

Ew, last match with Boateng, Mertesacker, Vize-Toni and Gomez starting, please.

Hixx

It's so awesome watching the Humble Indie Bundle stats going up in real-time. About to hit 30,000 purchases!

I didn't even know there was a new one. Was actually going to buy Limbo off Steam but might as well chuck in a few quid more. Already own a couple of them but good cause.

Sold 12k in the last 10 minutes, insane. Also the Bastion soundtrack!! Might stick another couple of quid in, didn't realise...

faridmon

Got it from Twitter dude, not from their Twitter before you say don't follow them lol.

fair enough. I just hate that website.

Last one, I swear.

http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/images/nike201213kitreveal/away/slide/jelavicnike.jpg[img]

anyway, I like it. I don't know whats up with the gold but its about time that all of the symbols share a similiar colour. And yes, I agree, Neville shouldn't be used as a model. Also, Fellani and Baines is not modelling. Scary signs![/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DRHsw.gif

elsk

Banned
Neuer - Boateng, Mertesacker, Badstuber, Lahm - Müller, Kroos, Khedira, Özil, Podolski - Gomez

Ew, last match with Boateng, Mertesacker, Vize-Toni and Gomez starting, please.

Kroos is the best player you have to replace Schweini. And please don't say Gundogan.

I didn't even know there was a new one. Was actually going to buy Limbo off Steam but might as well chuck in a few quid more. Already own a couple of them but good cause.

Sold 12k in the last 10 minutes, insane. Also the Bastion soundtrack!! Might stick another couple of quid in, didn't realise...

I've been wanting to play Bastion for ages. Played Limbo the the Xbox, just played 15 mins of it there and it looks great on the PC.

Brilliant deal and good cause :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom