• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_m4w754JYnR1qdi5hfo1_1280.jpg

bjaelke

Sneijder and Schweinsteiger injured. Easy group confirmed.
Sorry for making you out to be a paedophile in the breast feeding thread man :lol

That little back and forth was just too funny!

Did they even notice? DrFurbs kinda stole the spotlight in that thread.

Clegg

ATTN: Kabouter and Duckroll

I think it's time Wilbury received a tag to let every Gaffer know about his "predilections".

Slizz

Meh can't get into these friendlies. My national team isn't located in Europe so these friendlies are a bit boring. I'd say the good thing to come of it, is new young players I get to see.

I guess I'll watch France vs. Serbia its on ESPN3.

Yen

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-16240850-detail/story.html

BRENDAN Rodgers has described Swansea City and Liverpool as "two class acts" after quitting the Liberty to take over at Anfield.

And Rodgers has set himself the target of leading Liverpool back towards the top end of the Premier League over the next couple of seasons.

Rodgers will today be unveiled as the new Reds boss after agreeing a three-year deal on Merseyside.

And he believes that given time and cash to invest in the playing squad, he can steer the five-time European Cup winners forward.

"The challenge for me at Liverpool, as it was when I came to Swansea, is to prove myself to the people both on and off the field," Rodgers said. "I will do what I have always done, which is to be committed to improving the club. The club's success will be the most important thing and we'll see where we are in the next few years."

As Liverpool manager, Rodgers will have transfer funds at his disposal that he could only have dreamt of at Swansea.

He insisted that Liverpool's owners scrapped the idea of appointing a director of football before agreeing to succeed Kenny Dalglish (below), so the responsibility for signing new players will lie with him.

"The challenge is to keep improving the group," Rodgers added.

"It's about getting into the real world. It's a group that I think in a couple of years can be competitive at the top end, but I will need to spend a little bit of money and I will need time to work. I will need time to bring my identity into the team — I need time to impose my philosophy on the group.

"There are some wonderful players at Liverpool, but to bring all that into the team is going to take a wee bit of time.

"It's a job where I need to align the playing identity and style and success with the supporters, because the supporters at Liverpool are renowned."

Rodgers has not forgotten how his side were applauded by the natives after Swansea's impressive goalless draw at Anfield last November.

He added: "I said before that I liken the Liverpool supporters to the Swansea supporters because of their education in the game, and I said that long before any of this came about. That's a massive part of the draw for me. The two clubs are very similar in that they are both class acts.

"The supporters at both clubs are brilliant. They are very passionate about their clubs, they love their cities and they are very educated in football terms.

"I believe there's a similar feel going into Liverpool as there was when I came into Swansea."

elseanio

Rodgers officially announced tomorrow

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/10am-press-conf-live-on-lfc-tv
10am: Press conf live on LFC TV
31st May 2012 - Latest News

Liverpool Football Club will host a press conference from 10am on Friday morning - and you'll be able to watch it live and in full on LFC TV.

To view the press conference, make sure you tune in to our official channel to watch live coverage direct from Anfield.

If you're not near a TV at 10am then the press conference will also be available to watch for FREE on LFC TV Online. The live stream will be embedded into this page on Friday morning for you to enjoy.

We'll also be tweeting throughout the press conference via our @LFC twitter feed, so if you can't watch it live then you can follow all the news by making sure you follow us on twitter.

LFC TV is available to watch on SKY channel 434 and Virgin channel 544 (as part of the XL pack).

Slizz

I think the teams hoping to buy his services wouldn't mind if his Euros ended before it started..

Of course, I'm glad that Chicha won't be doing any Intl. competition for a while. However, it's the stars and talent that drive these tourney's and I'd love to watch him compete on the Intl. stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom