• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone else ever feel like they want to stroke Ribery's face, just to see how his scar feels?

81526104.gif

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-16240850-detail/story.html
He insisted that Liverpool's owners scrapped the idea of appointing a director of football before agreeing to succeed Kenny Dalglish (below), so the responsibility for signing new players will lie with him.

Hang on, I don't get that at all. What happened to replacing Comolli with 2-3 different guys? How comes Rodgers is all alone in charge of transfers now? That's a lot of freedom suddenly and quite goes against everything that FSG was rumoured to plan?

Zabojnik

Nothing is certain so far, everything is pretty much still up in the air. Something like this happened in 2006 before the WC and nothing happened to him.

Well, he spoke about the press and how the informations got leaked. I don't see this as a response to that tbh. Plus Cremona's questura isn't looking for him, so everything may disappear in a couple of days.

Oh, don't worry, it will, because Buffon isn't being investigated and there's nothing going on with him AT ALL. But what does it matter, anyway? The damage is done as soon as bullshit news like this hits the ether. The insane relationship between the media and the judicial authorities in Italy is incredible and a fucking disgrace for what is supposed to be a democratic nation.

Yen

Hang on, I don't get that at all. What happened to replacing Comolli with 2-3 different guys? How comes Rodgers is all alone in charge of transfers now? That's a lot of freedom suddenly and quite goes against everything that FSG was rumoured to plan?

I think it was Rory Smith on twitter who said there'll be a Sporting Director and a Technical Director (Pep Segura). But the SD will not be as high profile as a DoF such as Van Gaal or Comolli. I don't think Rodgers suggested he had full control in that article.
And of course, Dave Whelan was talking shite when he said the manager had no control over transfers.

Feorax

Director of Football role has been scrapped for some time. We will have a few people filling that role, with Segura being promoted to Technical Director and someone being brought in as Sporting Director (possibly Txixi).

The idea behind FSGs model would be to ensure the philosphy lives beyond the managers appointed. I would expect they still want this to be the case.

Hixx

Wigan ass-man Graeme Jones to Swansea as boss. Think he worked under Martinez at Swansea as well so will know the club, players and style of football well.

I think it was Rory Smith on twitter who said there'll be a Sporting Director and a Technical Director (Pep Segura). But the SD will not be as high profile as a DoF such as Van Gaal or Comolli. I don't think Rodgers suggested he had full control in that article.

Ah ok, as long as there's no vacancy above Rodgers it should be fine then. Sounds like the Van Gaal trail has gone cold.

Director of Football role has been scrapped for some time. We will have a few people filling that role, with Segura being promoted to Technical Director and someone being brought in as Sporting Director (possibly Txixi).

Yes that has been hinted at for a while. Just thought FSG changed their mind after appointing Rodgers and decided they didn't need a Technical Director nor a Sporting Director.

Gambit

Kroos needs someone to kick his arse.

He really is the laziest player. If he deems a game below him, he won't bring his A-game. Bundesliga-Kroos and Champions League-Kroos are worlds apart.

Kinda makes me wish Bayern bought someone like KP Boateng to wake him up from time to time

Arnie

If there's one thing I've learnt for sure over the last week it's that Dave Whelan talks a lot of shite. And he does it too often.

Harmless man, and I truly believe he's one of the game's "good guys"; but he needs to shut his gob.

Wilbur

Banned
Wigan ass-man Graeme Jones to Swansea as boss. Think he worked under Martinez at Swansea as well so will know the club, players and style of football well.

Confirmed? Be interesting to see how that goes. Hopefully it's not a Chris Hutchings. PL is hard for a first time manager.

spidye

Kroos needs someone to kick his arse.

He really is the laziest player. If he deems a game below him, he won't bring his A-game. Bundesliga-Kroos and Champions League-Kroos are worlds apart.

Kinda makes me wish Bayern bought someone like KP Boateng to wake him up from time to time

kinda like a poor man's özil.

Why are Nike shirts so much shit lately?

My theory is that they know so many people are going to buy them regardless, and that number won't fluctuate much year to year, even if they put out one amazing kit after another. So, every few years they put out some absolute dross, that way, when the next season comes, and the kits get revealed, everyone is excited and starts ejaculating at the sight of the new kit, into the old one so they are required to purchase the new one as well as all the holdouts (who bought the shit one on clearance anyways) and people who love the kit so much they must buy it (like Messi).

There are flaws in the theory, but it is what I chose to think.

Right, that's what I was implying.

I thought the second half would be Basdtuber-Hummels... what gives, Jogi?

please don't plan on playing Per at the Euro

You know it'll happen.
And then when Merte messes up real bad vs. Portugal, Hummels will come in, but will lack self-confidence/routine with Badstuber. But then it doesn't even matter at that point because everyone will be packing their bags already..

Clegg

No new news on Kagawa :(

He's on international duty right now.

If the stories about the transfer fee and personal terms are true then all thats needed is for Kagawa to pass a medical.

I wouldn't expect that to happen until he returns from Japan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh, don't worry, it will, because Buffon isn't being investigated and there's nothing going on with him AT ALL. But what does it matter, anyway? The damage is done as soon as bullshit news like this hits the ether. The insane relationship between the media and the judicial authorities in Italy is incredible and a fucking disgrace for what is supposed to be a democratic nation.

fXUlf.png

Fucking disgrace indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom