• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I'm at work so I'm not going to click the link but it sounds like you guys are talking about Spring Breakers. I can't wait for that shit! James Franco is hilarious and it has a lot of late teen/early 20s hot chicks in bikinis. What's not to like?!

Haha that's the one.

faridmon

Moyes on Fellaini said:
Marouane is probably seen as more of a defensive midfield player. However, he's far better when he's joining in and getting forward because he can do a bit of everything Cahill does in the midfield. He plays for Belgium as one of a three-man midfield. For us, we've tended to play with two midfield players and one ahead - in the main, that has been Tim, but I've always known that Marouane can do that job. We had just been looking at the right time to do that.

ibeviFp93AfBjK.gif

Bloody hell!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I always liked Fellaini, real good player. Technically good and not afraid to put his foot in. I hope Chelsea don't sign him but he would be a massive upgrade on the limited Mikel.

faridmon

I always liked Fellaini, real good player. Technically good and not afraid to put his foot in. I hope Chelsea don't sign him but he would be a massive upgrade on the limited Mikel.

Aye, He is a greta Defensive Midfielder. I wonder if he is upset by the way Moyes is playing him. I really don't want him to move away to Chelsea.

Bumhead

Banned
We've got someone having a medical, apparently. Signing to be announced shortly.

I don't know if I love or hate pre-season. Can never decide.

I'm at work so I'm not going to click the link but it sounds like you guys are talking about Spring Breakers. I can't wait for that shit! James Franco is hilarious and it has a lot of late teen/early 20s hot chicks in bikinis. What's not to like?!

In court... IN BIKINIS!

iUEIseSZ6W9BE.gif

Not sure how the movie can fail, tbh.

faridmon

We've got someone having a medical, apparently. Signing to be announced shortly.

I don't know if I love or hate pre-season. Can never decide.

I hate it. However, Wednesday can strengthen the team for next season so I don't know if you should hate it flat-out.

Kiaran Lee could be masive for you lot, is he a buy or a loanee?

Joe

Del piero signing with......Montreal impact? Wtf....that would be really lame. If its true he's going to hate going through customs several times a week.

Twitter rumor for reference.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Del piero signing with......Montreal impact? Wtf....that would be really lame. If its true he's going to hate going through customs several times a week.

Twitter rumor for reference.

They will have three older Italian forwards if it is true. Four Italians on the whole team.

Di Vaio, Corradi, and Del Piero.

Who is your team (basketball)?

Miami Heat

I'm originally from Miami.

Professional Sports
Basketball: Miami Heat
American Football: Miami Dolphins
Hockey: Florida Panthers

I hate baseball so I don't have a team.

For college
Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
American Football: Miami Hurricanes and Florida Gators

faridmon

Those Lille tops look awful.

Alaso, Lol at Sporting fans think that Eric Dier is one of their own. He is an Evertonian and he is there on loan only... right?

You guys watch Basketball? Ewwww...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Those Lille tops look awful.

Alaso, Lol at Sporting fans think that Eric Dier is one of their own. He is an Evertonian and he is there on loan only... right?

You guys watch Basketball? Ewwww...

I just put a report in through Google Translate that made it seem that he will be with Sporting for their preseason. So we will most likely let him stay on loan or sell him.

faridmon

I'm pretty sure Dier has had work permit problems. Nevermind he is English lol. I was thinking of a different young player we had signed.

I was watching the England Under-21 game and the commentator mentioned that there is a shared ownership of the player and the player migght be (legally) a Sporting player. That can't be right, can it?

If it's more than a football kit.. what is it?
The material of the shirt looks off. Will it help the players to move as freely as the the one we all know and love?

Bumhead

Banned
I hate it. However, Wednesday can strengthen the team for next season so I don't know if you should hate it flat-out.

Kiaran Lee could be masive for you lot, is he a buy or a loanee?

Free. Excited by that one, he's a quality player.

Rumour is the player we are signing today is either Gardner on a free from Bolton or Gareth Roberts on a free from Huddersfield. Both would improve us.

Blablurn

Miami Heat

I'm originally from Miami.

Professional Sports
Basketball: Miami Heat
American Football: Miami Dolphins
Hockey: Florida Panthers

I hate baseball so I don't have a team.

For college
Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
American Football: Miami Hurricanes and Florida Gators

King James, man! I hope he wins it this year.

untitled-2n29k6.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I was watching the England Under-21 game and the commentator mentioned that there is a shared ownership of the player and the player migght be (legally) a Sporting player. That can't be right, can it?

The material of the shirt looks off. Will it help the players to move as freely as the the one we all know and love?

I'm not sure. We need to sell Yobo finally. I don't want any of this loan nonsense for a third season.

faridmon

Free. Excited by that one, he's a quality player.

Rumour is the player we are signing today is either Gardner on a free from Bolton or Gareth Roberts on a free from Huddersfield. Both would improve us.

Gareth Roberts is free? Holy Crap, wasn't he an important player for them and what I saw of him, he is quality. Damn, I wish we snagged him.

I am not familiar with Gardner except for the Gradner Brothers at Villa and Sunderland.

I'm not sure. We need to sell Yobo finally. I don't want any of this loan nonsense for a third season.
Aye, He himself wants a swift resolution for his saga. Fanerbachse are taking the piss and I hope (for his sake and for ours as he does not deserve this) he goes whereevr he desires.

Clegg

Just saw the trailer for Reveangeance. I was sure that nothing at E3 could top that.

But then I watched the Dishonored trailer and I went :O

It looks like a cross between HL2 and Bioshock.

Who is yours!

BlabLurn, some context please! :lol

Cleveland Cavaliers. After getting stabbed in the back we are doing a decent job of rebuilding. But, I'm not a huge basketball fan.

Oh, and for all sports:

Baseball: Cleveland Indians
Hockey: Unafilliated
Am. Football: Cleveland Browns

College
Ohio State Buckeyes (I also have an affinity towards the Miami Hurricanes)
Miami Redhawks

faridmon

Just saw the trailer for Reveangeance. I was sure that nothing at E3 could top that.

Man, you need to watch that Hitman Absolution Walkthrough. That will top it!

HITMAN IS BACK BABY!

It looks...interesting. The trailer didn't really give any indication of how it plays though, just stabbing people by the looks of it.

Bumhead

Banned
Gareth Roberts is free? Holy Crap, wasn't he an important player for them and what I saw of him, he is quality. Damn, I wish we snagged him.

Put it this way, when we drew 4-4 earlier in the season with Huddersfield and Jordan Rhodes took all the plaudits by scoring 4 goals, it was Roberts who played such a large part in allowing Rhodes to do that. Was easily Huddersfields second best player that day.

Be a good signing for nothing. He's got a great delivery.

I had never heard of Dishonored until you mentioned it in this post. Looks amazing!

Clegg

It looks...interesting. The trailer didn't really give any indication of how it plays though, just stabbing people by the looks of it.

The dev team consists of people that worked on the original Deus Ex, the Thief series and HL2.

I don't think the game will just be about stabbing people.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The dev team consists of people that worked on the original Deus Ex, the Thief series and HL2.

I don't think the game will just be about stabbing people.

Are any of the Thief games on Steam? I have wanted to play one of them for a long time.

Gambit

Thanks. a bro-hug was highly welcome

im not even mad at him. gomez makes me more angry to be honest. we would have won that final with a decent striker.

To be honest the whole team and the manager is to blame. Gomez missed easy chances, Robben missed his penalty, the Muller-Van Buyten substitution was a mistake because it changed a back 4 that had dealt well with Drogba for 85 minutes, and in the shootout nobody had the balls to step up. In the cold light of day it was a pathetic effort, I don't think I've ever seen a German side look so frightened in front of goal, especially in the shootout.

To me that was the decisive mistake, as all the other ones would have been precluded.
And you are right that Bayern looked frightened.

In fact, I think this current side lacks a courage in general. They also self-imploded against Inter last season and look weak whenever anything doesn't go their way. This does not bode well for FC Germany.

PS: Is Schalke just trying to buy as many Dutch players as possible to convince Huntelaar to stay?

Meier

Yea lol that one is sacrilegious. Canes or nothing mannnn

Both teams are down right now but that'd be like rooting for Manchester United and Liverpool or something -- you can't root for two dynasties! Pick 1 team or root for someone that absolutely sucks in addition to a good school. Maybe FAU and Miami.

The Noles are gonna curbstomp both teams for the foreseeable future anyway, so that's just twice the pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom