• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to receive my weekly Fady newsletter, anyone else having this problem??

We should start PDFing his huge posts, and emailing them around like an actual newsletter. :lol

Am I still here?

I see you!

From Swiss Ramble

Link? Does he have a twitter. One of the best blogs I've ever seen.

dc89, can you help me out with that pic as well, I found the daily mail article online, but did not see the pic in question. TBA!

By the way, this shirt is comfy as fuck. It's like silk.

TOLD YOU!!! You guys were all nervous, but it was I, Awesome Animals, who kept saying to trust Warrior. Remember that. And hope that a nonEPL team (except Villa) get a deal with Warrior next so I can purchase one.

He'll go to Villa with Lambert.

Good, that strikes (punny) one of my summer transfer wish list off. Now I just want a CB, pair of STs, and a FB (or two)!

PaulLFC

Thought this was a good quote from Rodgers:

"I try to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field."

Looking forward to seeing how we do with him. He does say in his interview though that we need 3, maybe 4 signings to get us to the vision he has. Will be interesting to see what business we do over the summer.

Feorax

Thought this was a good quote from Rodgers:

"I try to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field."

Looking forward to seeing how we do with him. He does say in his interview though that we need 3, maybe 4 signings to get us to the vision he has. Will be interesting to see what business we do over the summer.

Sounds like he might have his targets already set. Hopefully we can get our business done fast.

Clegg

Mid-table at Watford and absolute rubbish at Reading. He was sacked after 6 months there. He's done an impressive job at Swansea but giving a manager the Liverpool job after 1 season in the PL seems like a big risk to me.

dc89

FFS.

City's Michael Johnson has been arrested on drink driving charges.

He was meant to be the next Colin Bell.

it's Mitchell Weiser. he played for cologne before. he gets a full first team contract and the number 23. he is 18 years old.

What a dumbass, seriously. Nothing against you guys but this dude could have walked in Köln's first team easily. At Bayern, well, enjoy the 4th division lol

VOhMg.jpg

(kind of hard to see, but he signed it)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bonucci <3

http://f3.blick.ch/img/incoming/origs1906165/6325568832-w644-h429/Italien.jpg[IMG]

[img]http://media.celebremix.com/5/celebrity/431/1333657330.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
HAHA uncanny!
[quote="fadetoblack, post: 38393921"]So, it seems Cavani is [B]officially out of Juventus's reach[/B]. Between Cavani's posturings over wanting to win everything with Napoli, his post-Coppa celebrations, the fact that De Laurentiis is a mad man, and the high price tag, I'd be surprised if we snag him.
[/QUOTE]
Really? What happened :o

Meh, he was always out of our reach.

[quote="WoodenLung, post: 38396128"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VOhMg.jpg[IMG]

(kind of hard to see, but he signed it)[/QUOTE]

Miami Heat. SMH.

It'd be a fair guess to say that Hazard (£200k) alone earns more than those three Liverpool players.

Probably - I also guess Hulk will get a royal salary too. Only Marin stands out in that list and I still wonder why someone would want him except for stubbornly losing the ball while looking down. I am just always amazed how much a english club is willing to pay on transfer fees for a english player.

What a dumbass, seriously. Nothing against you guys but this dude could have walked in Köln's first team easily. At Bayern, well, enjoy the 4th division lol

vpJ0s.jpg

Wolfsburg have signed Bas Dost on a 5 year contract.

Dem bastards look stronger & stronger. Along with Olic and Koo + Diego coming back they could have a strong squad even without a hint of soul, lol

Probably - I also guess Hulk will get a royal salary too. Only Marin stands out in that list and I still wonder why someone would want him except for stubbornly losing the ball while looking down. I am just always amazed how much a english club is willing to pay on transfer fees for a english player.
He could get better if he doesn't have to play in the middle & in a diamond formation.

GQman2121

Banned
Jesus Christ, please don't tell me he's wearing a Heat hat. I suppose he's young and doesn't know any better, but how embarrassing for all of us as a unit. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ledley King on his future:

"I had a really good start to last season and was pleased to play as many games as I did. A knock in training set me back towards the end, but I opted to carry on playing rather than take the time out to have the knee seen to. Unfortunately that meant that I didn’t play the last few games at the standard I would have liked.

"I’ve been discussing things with the Club and my contract expires this summer. The Club has been fantastic in supporting me and given me several options to stay involved with Tottenham. I shall take a view with them pre-season on my future.

"Tottenham has been the only Club for me and if I can’t play here then I shall look to be involved in another capacity."

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

It's for the best if he retires. We have a good pool of CBs already and with Vertonghen and Caulker coming in there is no need for him to cripple himself. I have no doubt he would have been the best English defender of the generation had his knees not gone.

Also Super Pavlyuchenko is apparently too fat to play at the Euros.

Moobabe

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

It's for the best if he retires. We have a good pool of CBs already and with Vertonghen and Caulker coming in there is no need for him to cripple himself. I have no doubt he would have been the best English defender of the generation had his knees not gone.

Also Super Pavlyuchenko is apparently too fat to play at the Euros.

Such a shame (on both counts) - King has always been a fantastic defender - Ferdinand, Terry and himself were the best English centre halves, and, as you say, King could have been the best had he not had awful luck with injuries.

I feel sorry for Pav though - I wish Spurs had given him more of a chance, or let him leave. Such a talent.

Ushojax

I feel sorry for Pav though - I wish Spurs had given him more of a chance, or let him leave. Such a talent.

We did let him leave, he went to Lokomotiv Moscow in January. He has talent but he was lazier even than Berbatov, just too nonchalant outside the box. He was a fantastic striker of the ball though, some of his goals were stunning and better than anything that Bale or VDV have done this season. He should have played more in the early part of the season but I don't blame Harry for preferring Adebayor and Defoe. I remember Pav fondly but most of the time he played like a piece of furniture.

Moobabe

We did let him leave, he went to Lokomotiv Moscow in January. He has talent but he was lazier even than Berbatov, just too nonchalant outside the box. He was a fantastic striker of the ball though, some of his goals were stunning and better than anything that Bale or VDV have done this season. He should have played more in the early part of the season but I don't blame Harry for preferring Adebayor and Defoe.

I always thought he operated best with someone in and around him, like Arshavin in the Euros. And I didn't know you guys had finally let him go - but I can't see why you'd prefer Defoe to him.

No problems with sloppy seconds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-Villa-but-Norwich-City-refuse-to-budge.html

• It's going to cost us 1 million to get Lambert.
  • Collins, Dunne, and Warnock rumored to be leaving the club (lowering wage bill bigtime)
  • Given permission to sign 2-3 High Profile signings (M'Vila in my dreams)
  • The deal is done, but won't be announced until after the Queen's Jubilee

Well, if all of that is true, then I want 3-4 CBs, 2 FBs, and 2 Midfielders in this summer.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
No problems with sloppy seconds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-Villa-but-Norwich-City-refuse-to-budge.html

• It's going to cost us 1 million to get Lambert.
  • Collins, Dunne, and Warnock rumored to be leaving the club (lowering wage bill bigtime)
  • Given permission to sign 2-3 High Profile signings (M'Vila in my dreams)
  • The deal is done, but won't be announced until after the Queen's Jubilee

Well, if all of that is true, then I want 3-4 CBs, 2 FBs, and 2 Midfielders in this summer.

Wasn't Lichaj doing a decent job playing for you guys at the end of the season?

Ushojax

I always thought he operated best with someone in and around him, like Arshavin in the Euros. And I didn't know you guys had finally let him go - but I can't see why you'd prefer Defoe to him.

I actually think Pav played best with Crouch. They complemented each other quite well and we played some good stuff with those two up front. I don't really rate Defoe much better but given his goalscoring record it's obvious why Harry preferred him.

Meier

Daily Mail have a pic of Vanessa Hudgens in their article about it and lets just say she may as well not be wearing the bikini top.

I'm at work so I'm not going to click the link but it sounds like you guys are talking about Spring Breakers. I can't wait for that shit! James Franco is hilarious and it has a lot of late teen/early 20s hot chicks in bikinis. What's not to like?!

Wasn't Lichaj doing a decent job playing for you guys at the end of the season?

Yes, and I love Eric, but I was talking depth wise. If we lose Warnock, we will only have Hutton and Lichaj as fullbacks. I'd love to see him starting next year though!

Code:
             Given
New FB    Clark  New CB   Lichaj
       New Mid    Gardner
Albrighton   Ireland   N'Zogbia
               Bent

What I'm thinking. And gives us a decent bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom