• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has launched an astonishing £60m bid to buy UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations.

The Blues billionaire - whose wish is reportedly to see the Champions League winners go undefeated for the season - is desperate to splash out on UEFA's regulations after being informed that FFP makes it impossible for a team to record a loss.

"Money is no object for Abramovich as far as FFP is concerned and he is prepared to test UEFA boss Michel Platini's resolve with a mega-money offer," revealed our Chelsea insider, Stamford The Lion. "The Russian oligarch was alerted when he heard that the regulations had caused problems for his team and some of Europe's biggest sides, not to mention its excellent record on penalties."

Chelsea will face stiff competition from Man City, however, who have been monitoring FFP's progress and may exploit a loophole to get sponsors on board to pay for the move.

ruh roh

GorillaJu

All my hype has gone to Dishonored. I need this game.

I'm hyped for Reveangeance and Hitman but they won't be out until next year.

Dishonored comes out in 4 months.

I dunno. That disbonored trailer looks a little disjointed. Hard to tell what to expect. The art is appealing though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
2XuL6.jpg

Bad Sandro. Bad. You are not allowed to be friends with someone from Chelsea. It's wrong.

mxgt

Banned
Ledley ;_;

My favourite player, hope he gets a coaching role. Truly amazing how he was able to play so well (except the last few matches) despite having no knees these past few seasons.

Legend

Wilbur

Banned
Any youtube links for Rodgers talking? My computer's being a slow fuck.

Anyway, Prometheus: very good but very flawed, nice to see something so ambitious come out of a summer blockbuster. Looks great, script wasn't so much. 3/4

bjaelke

This is good, I was severely overhyped until reviews started coming out. I would have been disappointed if I went in expecting the greatest film of all time.

I'll be expecting the worst then. My brothers gave me tickets for Prometheus and Denmark - Australia tomorrow. Two disappointments waiting to happen.

faridmon

This is good, I was severely overhyped until reviews started coming out. I would have been disappointed if I went in expecting the greatest film of all time.

Fair enough. So maybe now I should plan ahead to watch it. Do you need to know anything about the Alian series to enjoy this?

Is it out? Might head down to the Odeon later to watch it.

Isn't more expensive on Fridays? I'll watch it on Monday if I get the chance.

spidye

götze looks like he enjoyed his mother's cooking a little bit too much. he put on some weight.

What a dumbass, seriously. Nothing against you guys but this dude could have walked in Köln's first team easily. At Bayern, well, enjoy the 4th division lol
why exactly is he a dumbass? he will definitely go on a loan and if he's really good he will get first team football like alaba, badstuber and müller in the near future.

sixghost

However, we have seen plenty of times where Fellaini did not perform well upfront (Pre-January) and the reason why he played so good was that he had protection in the back (Gibson) and used Osmans creativity to perform as a plymaker. However, I have seen be more comfortable at DM. But you are right, anything that keeps Cahil and Neville on the bench is a plus.

I want a proper playmaker to be bought this summer, either that or an AM. I really thing we have a saturation of DM midfielders between Gibson, Rodwell, Fellaini and Neville (In know, I know). Howver, our piority is to sign Pianaar on a permenant deal, and not sell Fellaini and Baines. anything else is an icing on the cake.

We don't even own Eric Dier. Bloody Hell! There goes another young talent from our grip. What on earth is the board up to?

Aye, the Fellaini and Rodwell partnership in the middle looked very exciting before he got injured (I know we sucked at that time, but those two were the stars of a sea of mediocirity) Hope with the rest of this summer, he can comeback fresher than ever.
You're right, ideally nothing happens this summer except Pienaar in, and maybe a free like Diame or try to get Lee Chung Yong off Bolton.

I really can't remember Felli playing at CAM last year anytime before the Blackpool game, but then again no one on the team really played well before January. I think one of the reasons it's worked is because he really doesn't need to be a playmaker in the CAM spot when Pienaar and Osman are in the RAM and LAM roles. Pienaar specifically did a ton of that work coming in from the left. So often you would see him leave his position and roam around the center of the pitch looking to create, taking the burden off Fellaini. It's really not that uncommon in modern football for your outside attacking mids in a 4231 to be the more creative players. That's one of the things that book Inverting the Pyramid really harped on, how there's just no space in the middle of the field anymore, so creative players have started to move out to wider positions to find space.

Unfortunately, the club really didn't have any wingers late in the season with Drenthe losing his mind and Coleman regressing so much, so this might be the best solution for the time being.

Hopefully Rodwell decides what he wants to be this year. He looked good early in the year against City when he chased David Silva around the entire game. A midfield three of Felli, Rodwell and Gibson might would sure as hell make Everton hard to beat.

Clegg

I know Kagawa is on international duty so any transfer stuff is put on hold until he gets back.

But the longer I go without news the more nervous I get.

I hate transfer season.

caramac

elsk

Banned
What a dumbass, seriously. Nothing against you guys but this dude could have walked in Köln's first team easily. At Bayern, well, enjoy the 4th division lol

Yep. He should've played this next season with Koln and most likely play in their first team (2.Bundesliga). Then he could've joined Bayern next year as free agent with 2.Bundesliga experience, ready to compete for a starting spot or at least to be sent on loan to another side. He's dumb.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bologna have several offers on the table for their Uruguayan attacker Gaston Ramirez, but are holding out for €25m, says his agent.

“From Germany, Wolfsburg have offered €15-18m, whilst from Russia, Zenit St Petersburg have shown up. With Liverpool, however, the situation is at a standstill because the Reds are just choosing their Coach.

“Bologna want €25m, but an agreement can be found - it is obvious that Bologna would do well from his sale. They would receive 70 per cent, whilst 30 per cent will go to Penarol, as agreed earlier. Thus, the higher the price, the higher the proportion of cash that will be.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair enough. So maybe now I should plan ahead to watch it. Do you need to know anything about the Alian series to enjoy this?

Isn't more expensive on Fridays? I'll watch it on Monday if I get the chance.

I would say watch Prometheus and then the first two Aliens.

Hixx

Anyway, Prometheus: very good but very flawed, nice to see something so ambitious come out of a summer blockbuster. Looks great, script wasn't so much. 3/4

Going to see it in about 4 hours hyped as fuck. have to admit i got a bit concerned when I heard Lindelof was involved.

I finished uni guys...last exam all done and dusted. It feels...good, but kinda sad. Gonna miss it. Anyway, just sharing my moment, off to play football now.

faridmon

I finished uni guys...last exam all done and dusted. It feels...good, but kinda sad. Gonna miss it. Anyway, just sharing my moment, off to play football now.

Congrats. I am currently drawing plans for my project. I am going to finish next friday.

You're right, ideally nothing happens this summer except Pienaar in, and maybe a free like Diame or try to get Lee Chung Yong off Bolton.

I really can't remember Felli playing at CAM last year anytime before the Blackpool game, but then again no one on the team really played well before January. I think one of the reasons it's worked is because he really doesn't need to be a playmaker in the CAM spot when Pienaar and Osman are in the RAM and LAM roles. Pienaar specifically did a ton of that work coming in from the left. So often you would see him leave his position and roam around the center of the pitch looking to create, taking the burden off Fellaini. It's really not that uncommon in modern football for your outside attacking mids in a 4231 to be the more creative players. That's one of the things that book Inverting the Pyramid really harped on, how there's just no space in the middle of the field anymore, so creative players have started to move out to wider positions to find space.

Unfortunately, the club really didn't have any wingers late in the season with Drenthe losing his mind and Coleman regressing so much, so this might be the best solution for the time being.

Hopefully Rodwell decides what he wants to be this year. He looked good early in the year against City when he chased David Silva around the entire game. A midfield three of Felli, Rodwell and Gibson might would sure as hell make Everton hard to beat.
Whoa, Too much tactics talk that I can't wrap my head around, but yeah, Pianaar and Osman do give him a little bit more freedom to attack and become more flexible. I always had the opinion of needing wingers, but with Pianaar, I have changed my mind about it. Osman does not play as a winger and play mostly through the middle, so maybe a 3 free moving players in the middle is much more suited to our play. Felli, Rodwell and Gibson with Pinaar and Osman to roam to attack is giving me some pleasurable images.

Messi

Some new arrivals:

B5CQZ.jpg

Ooooh yeah, they arrived both kits. One printed one not. Fits perfectly and is so comfortable. Feels like netherlands away kit. Design looks great in person. Sooo happy they arrived <3 you DHL:

r3ynA.png

nCFmS.jpg

ghsIt.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon's lawyer:

Gianluigi Buffon’s lawyer has blasted talk of his involvement in the betting scandal as “supposition, gossip and malice.”

The Italy and Juventus goalkeeper was rumoured to have spent €1.5m on various bets at a Parma bookmaker.

This is not per se illegal, as players are only barred from betting on football, but can place bets on other sports.

“It is supposition, gossip and malice,” declared lawyer Marco Valerio Corini on RadioCalciomercato.it.

“The thing that really amazes is seeing this information hit the newspapers with such violence after a particularly bitter press conference Gianluigi had given at Coverciano. There is a strange synergy between the two things.

“In legal terms there is absolutely nothing that caught the interest of the magistrates, who already knew of this reserved information for the last six months.

“Buffon is not remotely of interest to the investigation, not even as a witness. The beneficiary of the cheques Gianluigi wrote has among his businesses a Lottomatica betting booth. Anything else is bar talk level of speculation.

Fuck off GDS.

faridmon

I would say watch Prometheus and then the first two Aliens.

Sounds good. Will do!

Anyone heard of a band called Horray For Earth? I am listening to their latest album (True Loves) and its bloody amazing. Gonna get Ladykawk's Anxiety sometime soon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fucking italian media, rotten to the very core. This time we're prepared, though. Stavolta trovano duro.

Careful now!

*tomorrow's headline* "BREAKING NEWS: Zabo blackmailed Iaquinta into joining Juventus. Source:Someone told someone something."

Awesome Animals said:
Agreed. I look back at school with fondness, but real life is a lot more fun. Even if it's also a lot more work.

Hanging out with your friends 24/7 was the best part, but studying, deadlines and exams were fucking torture.

Going to see it in about 4 hours hyped as fuck. have to admit i got a bit concerned when I heard Lindelof was involved.

I loved it, just don't go in expecting every thing to be answered and wrapped up in a nice little package. Some of the criticisms are valid but as always Gaf is being overly hyperbolic in the OT saying how disappointing it is.

rodvik

How scary was it? I hate horror movies but love SF. Torn on whether to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom