• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Some new arrivals:

B5CQZ.jpg

Thats the way you do it!

I don't know if I'd consider Rodgers speaking to be scary. But anything Liverpool is :p

Lol, he is a deep one* dude. I am telling ya.

*lovecraft reference

Wilbur

Banned
I loved it, just don't go in expecting every thing to be answered and wrapped up in a nice little package. Some of the criticisms are valid but as always Gaf is being overly hyperbolic in the OT saying how disappointing it is.

Like I just said in the OT, would love to see the writers clear a few things up. I don't mind that there was answers left unanswered, just that there was a lot that wasn't explained that definitely needed it.

I really enjoyed it though. Would definitely go see it again.

I need something to take my mind of pre-Shinji June

How scary was it? I hate horror movies but love SF. Torn on whether to see it.

Not scary at all really

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Like I just said in the OT, would love to see the writers clear a few things up. I don't mind that there was answers left unanswered, just that there was a lot that wasn't explained that definitely needed it.

This is "facts that are wrong" levels of awesome.
xxWZJ.gif
xxWZJ.gif

faridmon

Football Thread |OT12| Answers left unanswered

Hazard is making people tense and Kagawa is making people lose their senses.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Seriously, Yurt should be given a 15min delay on replying to new posts. A man can't even correct his mistakes. A man is annoyed.
:*

GoT spoiler (well, not really a spoiler) :
I read next episode's synopsis and I'm SO HYPED.

WJD

I haven't seen Alien in a while and that was only my first time watching it anyway - should I watch it again before Prometheus tonight to "get" any particular moments? Stuff that I might miss if Alien isn't completely fresh in my mind.

Labadal

I know I'm late to this, but it will be interesting to see Rodgers at Liverpool. But I have to admit not knowing much about him prior to this season he had with Swansea. I know he also got them promoted, but I didn't actually know much about him. I'm excited, but also keeping expectations in check. Can't blame me after Hodgson and Daglish's 2011/12 season. It iwll be interesting to see if he can step up. He also has Euro competition to think about. It's not that I don't think he can do a good job, my concern is if he can take the step up to this level. Expectations are much higher. If he plays entertaining football and still doesn't get great results, I still hope we keep him so he can build the squad his way. I also hope we can do good scouting and find players like Sigurdsson. I want us to get good players, but I'm not a big fan of all the spending money we do. Scout properly first, then buy. It will be interesting to see if Carroll will be in his plans. I'm one of few that has defended him, but I wonder if Rodgers wants him.

Zabojnik

GoT spoiler (well, not really a spoiler) :
I read next episode's synopsis and I'm SO HYPED.

You are? It better be truly awesome, because
they totally fucked up Arya's Harrenhal arc. Well, not completely, her scenes with Tywin were really good, if overused.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't seen Alien in a while and that was only my first time watching it anyway - should I watch it again before Prometheus tonight to "get" any particular moments? Stuff that I might miss if Alien isn't completely fresh in my mind.

I would say watch Prometheus first if you haven't seen it for ages. A) because it's so incredible you'll inevitably compare it to Prometheus and b), despite some of one mystery in Alien being gone, there's still enough. I'd say treat it as the prequel it wants to be and watch it first.

I liked it more than Aliens for reference.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
they totally fucked up Arya's Harrenhal arc. Well, not completely, her scenes with Tywin were really good, if overused.

It's a good thing I never read the books then :p All I know is that Jaqen H'ghar is going to appear/do something! :p

pulga

Banned

I'm so bitter about that. Game of Thrones SPOILER
There's no way they can recreate all the hard, desperate shit she went through. I have no idea how they can fix her character now.

PaulLFC

Just got the latest issue of GamesTM today, haven't had chance to read it but I did notice it's had a page cut and it's not 180 pages any more :( It's been 180 pages for as long as I can remember, this is a sad day.

You guys see the new hitman E3 walkthrough?

Hitman is back :) return of the king.

Yep it looked great. Still a bit skeptical with the amount of shit IO has put out, do not want batvision or a team of SM nuns trying to kill you. Also fuck you IO, I want my Jesper Kyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom