• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Walked by a kid wearing the new Liverpool kit, and I looked at the back of his kit and he had 'Lucas' on it. I smiled.

Joe

aR92M.jpg

Zabojnik

Goddamit, I don't even know if I should post this. Luca Toni's and Marta Checchetto's first baby was stillborn today. I have no words. RIP. :(((

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Goddamit, I don't even know if I should post this. Luca Toni's and Marta Checchetto's baby was stillborn today. I have no words. RIP. :(((

Horrible. RIP and Forza Luca <3

I hope Gazzetta dello Sport are feeling like shit right now.

fuenf

Goddamit, I don't even know if I should post this. Luca Toni's and Marta Checchetto's first baby was stillborn today. I have no words. RIP. :(((

:( :( very sad to hear. Luca Toni is such a great guy, when he was playing for Bayern he was always radiating optimism and fun, i hope that they will recover from this and that they will be blessed with many children in the future.

Meier

Mario getting mad. Russians better watch out.

edit
and there's victim number one

Lol, I came to comment.. following the ESPN Gamecast and saw a yellow next to him so I scanned the updates and saw: "Mario Balotelli (Italy) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul."

Zabojnik

Ahahaha, oh wow. I'm suddenly reminded why this is the first Italy's friendly match I'm watching in a long time. No effort whatsoever, zero chemistry, as per usual.

Manager

Balotelli better calm down. The Russians are targeting him all the time and he keeps mouthing them off. I smell a stormy forecast.

If the Italian coach is smart he's taking him off.

edit
and that was before that guy got hit

Smeghead

I don't think Maggio can play in a flat back four.

Spain are going to Pardew us next week if we're not careful.

Also a good test for Balo, these russians are kicking the shit out of him and he hasn't really come off the boil, much...

dc89

Marcotti on TalkSPORT just said something I had to double take at.

England V France in the Euro's is taking place in a 60,000 seater stadium. England have sold 3,500 tickets. His source tells him France have sold 41. Not 41,000 just 41. FORTY ONE.

He said people just don't want to travel to the Ukraine and he said its horrendously expensive.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol Italy defense

Nice shimmy from Pav, of course he fell over immediately afterwards.

Paracelsus

Glad about the loss, maybe they'll sack that very mediocre coach before the tournament begins. He said he doesn't want to use Juventus' formation? Serves him right, enjoy your holes-filled defense.

Meier

Marcotti on TalkSPORT just said something I had to double take at.

England V France in the Euro's is taking place in a 60,000 seater stadium. England have sold 3,500 tickets. His source tells him France have sold 41. Not 41,000 just 41. FORTY ONE.

He said people just don't want to travel to the Ukraine and he said its horrendously expensive.

Not a surprise after reading of hotels that cost $1,000 a night even though they're "2-star" equivalents. UEFA, FIFA and the Olympics Committee will eventually regret giving all of these countries major events despite the fact they're not suited for it. So annoyed still that the US got fucked by Qatar and Brazil.

Zabojnik

There's still time to call Conte. It's not like he'll be coaching in Serie A next season, amirite guys?
Fuck you, Gazzetta, you fucking XXL-sized toilet paper.

Not much to take away from this I think.

Goaltending: solid as usual. Thought Akinfeev looked a bit better. Hopefully he gets the nod at euros.

Defending: sloppy all around. Thankfully though Nababkin won't sniff playing time at Euros.

Hard to judge our offense since Italy's defense was lol worthy at times. But still at least we scored.

They key is now not to get overconfident heading into Euros.

elsk

Banned
Not a surprise after reading of hotels that cost $1,000 a night even though they're "2-star" equivalents. UEFA, FIFA and the Olympics Committee will eventually regret giving all of these countries major events despite the fact they're not suited for it. So annoyed still that the US got fucked by Qatar and Brazil.

Brazil? Brazil is hosting the 2014, not the 2018 or 2022. And Brazil is a better hosting nation than USA, for sure.

edit: México u23 won the Toulon Tournament, congrats!!!!

Meier

Brazil? Brazil is hosting the 2014, not the 2018 or 2022. And Brazil is a better hosting nation than USA, for sure.

No, Brazil is absolutely not a better hosting nation than the USA -- that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Brazil, in this case, is in reference to the 2016 Olympics.

elsk

Banned
No, Brazil is absolutely not a better hosting nation than the USA -- that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Brazil, in this case, is in reference to the 2016 Olympics.

I don't know about the Olympics, but for a WC I can hardly think of better country than Brazil (outside the top European countries-Germany, England, Italy, etc) to host a WC.

Kurtofan

Qatar 2022: the emptiest stadiums.

rodvik

I don't know about the Olympics, but for a WC I can hardly think of better country than Brazil (outside the top European countries-Germany, England, Italy, etc) to host a WC.

Agree. I mean if ever the term "footballs coming home" was deserved it will be for the Brazil world cup. It is also a modern vibrant and growing country. I think the world cup there will be wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom