• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
That DECK'ARD lad is incredibly frustrating. He seems to hate the fact that people enjoyed it and is trying to spread his misery. Enough to make me not post in the threads.

Though I think I should have clicked that the thread wasnt for me when someone said Alien 3 was better than Prometheus. My face hurt from the astonishment.

Oh someone actually said that?

They'll lose their shit when I go in and tell them while I still love Alien and appreciate it for it's time I actually had a more enjoyable experience with Prometheus!

Moobabe

Oh really?:

407484_10150792195143272_690303271_12340352_1718712724_n.jpg

Right click.... save as....

Bumhead

Banned
I don't think Rodgers was appointed on the basis of "giving it a go" after one season in the league, but rather, his footballing philosophy.

I'm not saying otherwise. But, like I say, much of Swansea's playing philosophy was grown over a number of years and through the divisions before Rodgers took charge there, and it was another man linked with the Liverpool job who played a huge part in that as well as playing that way himself this season. I'm not saying Rodgers doesn't have an attacking philosophy and he has done an exceptional job this season, but for him to take sole credit for the way Swansea play would be disingenuous, in my opinion.

As well as Rodgers has done this season, there's no guarantee's it would have gone just as well second time around. Liverpool clearly think the risk is worth it though and if they want to bring in a young manager who knows how to play attractive football, and are prepared to allow him the time - maybe even to fail and learn - then they've got themselves a good manager. No doubt about that.

Gus Poyet would be a terrific replacement for Rodgers at Swansea. Be interesting to see who they bring in.

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't agree with you but I can see where you're coming from.I think I summed it up pretty good here

I've always been an Aliens boy, I love Alien but aside from Ripley I didn't give two shits about any of the other characters. It's my only problem with it.

And yeah that is one hell of an analogy, something I'd add though is that while girl from 30 years ago was beautiful and god DAMN did she make you sweat, the new girl is even more beautiful and only makes you sweat a little so you don't feel filthy after and have to have a shame shower.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha just read the posts of you guys watching the Russia - Italy friendly. What are you doing watching Italian national team friendly matches? Do you hate yourself? LOL Those games are worse than our group stage matches.
I wanted to see Chiellini :( :(
Oh and in keeping with this strange GAF meetup, if I do go to the cinema it'll be with another member of football GAF, Smeghead, the Juve fan. He's Italian, and a good friend, and ironically the one who's holding everything up by bitching about the screen size.

I'm sure he's reading this.

Smeghead is aweosme, buy him some popcorn on me!

Wilbur

Banned
So I guess he behaves the same in person as he does on GAF? I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm not as disgusting on GAF

LOL.

Seriously, whats his first name, or even the initial.

Wait who do you know? Me or the lad in the background haha? I think I'd remember if I knew you :(

I've always been an Aliens boy, I love Alien but aside from Ripley I didn't give two shits about any of the other characters. It's my only problem with it.

And yeah that is one hell of an analogy, something I'd add though is that while girl from 30 years ago was beautiful and god DAMN did she make you sweat, the new girl is even more beautiful and only makes you sweat a little so you don't feel filthy after and have to have a shame shower.

Alien all the way, it's one of the best fucking films ever. I think Aliens is somehow avoiding getting slated for things Prometheus does; lack of character development and a bunch of characters is so fucking rife in Aliens. Second half's good though.

I love footy gaf. Anyway - off to town to spend a few hours drinking before the game. God speed fellas.

I might do that alone, anything that helps me cope with seeing Chiles' face on my TV. I honestly believe he's a big part of why 3D TV hasn't taken off.

Clegg

I've just read the story about the possible problems with Kagawas work permit.

It also says that Arsenal had the same problem when trying to sign Ryo. But they got past that by classifying him as an "exceptional talent".

Wilbur

Banned

Oh God

I've just read the story about the possible problems with Kagawas work permit.

It also says that Arsenal had the same problem when trying to sign Ryo. But they got past that by classifying him as an "exceptional talent".

Well then there you go, we're fine.

I wonder if we could say 'well he's very likely to play 100% of their forthcoming games'. He's not a bit part player, he's key to them

Our 5m clause on Estigarribia has expired. Which means if we buy him, we'll buy him for less than that. I think I'd take him up if he's in the 2-3m mark. He's eager and he has a lot of room for improvement.

Also, Higuain negotiations are apparently back on. With Cavani almost certainly out of the pciture he's probably going to be our best option--certainly better than RVP given differences in age and injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom