• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Certain states in the USA allow you to drink beer in the theatre.

And I've never, ever seen people bring pizza and fried chicken into a theatre.. lol.

Pretty much only seen popcorn, nachos and sodas. One time I saw someone eating a hot dog.

And I've never, ever seen people bring pizza and fried chicken into a theatre.. lol.

Pretty much only seen popcorn, nachos and sodas. One time I saw someone eating a hot dog.
I've read horror stories on GAF of people bringing in Chinese and stinking up the whole place.

My only thing here would be is that Evans, Jones and Smalling probably didn't expect to start much, whereas Young, Nani, Valencia and Kagawa will.

Okay, United forward line -

2008-2009, in order of starts: (over 20 -) Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney, Park; (under 20 -) Tevez, Giggs, Nani.

Last season, same order: (over 20 -) Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Valencia; (under 20 -) Young, Chicharito, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Owen (lol).

What you would expect next season: (over 20-) Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia; (borderline -) Welbeck; (under 20 -) Young, Chicharito, Giggs, Park (?).

Doable, I think, especially with Giggs and Park on the way out. And I doubt Young or Chicharito would pull a Tevez. Although Young doing so would be hilarious, but he seems, almost disappointingly, like a fairly decent person off the pitch.

WTF? If it was possible I would, beer too.

My local cinema let us take beer into the Cinema for the midnight showing of Prometheus. They usually only do that for the people who pay for the seats with the bar just behind them!

I usually smuggle 20 McNuggets in when I go. Feels good man.

Zabojnik

Verratti is too young and small for Ferrara. :p

Exactly! Verratti to Juve confirmed.

Higuain back in the game? I read about Agnelli mentioning him, amongst other strikers, in a recent interview. I don't even care who we sign anymore. Just sign someone, Marotta, so we can move on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Exactly! Verratti to Juve confirmed.

Higuain back in the game? I read about Agnelli mentioning him, amongst other strikers, in a recent interview. I don't even care who we sign anymore. Just sign someone, Marotta, so we can move on.

We'll buy Osvaldo to complete the Roma strikers set.

Slizz

I usually hit up a drugstore before the movies and get a buncha cheap candy and munch on that.

Pay 5-6$ for a basic candy selection and get basically the equivalent of a dollar bag of candy dressed up in a giant cardboard box.

Or go to the drug store spend 5-6 dollars and get 4 bags of some far out delicious candy.

Hixx

Arsenal would be fucking stupid to take Green over Sczezeny. I can see him improving any of the promoted sides (including West Ham obviously), maybe Sunderland now Gordon's gone and WBA if Foster goes back to Birmingham.

We let Gordon go cos we have one of the best young keepers in the league already and a more than decent back up, we don't need Green...

pappe

What you would expect next season: () Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia; (borderline -) Welbeck; (under 20 -) Young, Chicharito, Giggs, Park (?).

I would expect this as well. But this would only be possible if we got for 4-2-3-1 in majority and 4-4-2 in some games.

In India, We are not allowed to take ANY eatables inside the multiplexes. But me and my friends have managed to sneak some rum/vodka miniature bottles along with us on many occasions then buy Pepsi/Coca cola from the outlets inside and we are set.

It seems like we just signed a promising young player:
jpWXj0MdRnqqr.jpg

Baresi is so, so, so old. Still remember is last match, too bad I was too young for his best years.

Ashes

Banned
Okay, United forward line -

2008-2009, in order of starts: (over 20 -) Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney, Park; (under 20 -) Tevez, Giggs, Nani.

Last season, same order: (over 20 -) Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Valencia; (under 20 -) Young, Chicharito, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Owen (lol).

What you would expect next season: (over 20-) Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia; (borderline -) Welbeck; (under 20 -) Young, Chicharito, Giggs, Park (?).

Doable, I think, especially with Giggs and Park on the way out. And I doubt Young or Chicharito would pull a Tevez. Although Young doing so would be hilarious, but he seems, almost disappointingly, like a fairly decent person off the pitch.

Injury ravaged season aside. Champions league group stage exit aside.

Rooney, kagawa, Valencia, nani, young, Chicha & welbeck.

Edit: If that's league apps, it'll be interesting.

I would expect this as well. But this would only be possible if we got for 4-2-3-1 in majority and 4-4-2 in some games.

All signs point that way. I mean, we have, as our coming attacking nucleus, potentially, three talented wingers reaching their peak, an equally talented attacking midfielder, a complete forward alongside a youngster who could reach a nearby level, and a poacher who's a proven assassin off the bench. I feel like a Liverpool fan right now, talking myself into a lather about next season's incredible luminosity. To hubris!

Ashes

Banned
All signs point that way. I mean, we have, as our current attacking nucleus, potentially, three talented wingers reaching their peak, an equally talented attacking midfielder, a complete forward alongside a youngster who could reach a nearby level, and a poacher who's a proven assassin off the bench. I feel like a Liverpool fan right now, talking myself into a lather about next season's incredible luminosity. To hubris!

How many goals from those attacking players, do you think we will see?

Zabojnik

3c00d08bc7c35f9b48ef6fb6b8a25169.jpg

Baresi is so, so, so old. Still remember is last match, too bad I was too young for his best years.

Ah, so that's why people are claiming some of Milan's penalties this season were 'a gift from God'. Gotcha.
Baresi was amazing. Dat Milan late 80s / early 90s defence. Best ever.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.minus.com/jpWXj0MdRnqqr.jpg[IMG]
Baresi is so, so, so old. Still remember is last match, too bad I was too young for his best years.[/QUOTE]

Co-ownership deal?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zw6Og.jpg

Didn't you hear?

Osvaldo: "Zidane wants me to come play for Real Madrid."

Osvaldo to Real, Higuain to Juve, done.
Borriello back to Roma. Please?

I don't see any of these three happening :(

We're being linked with Nani. If it means Pepe starts playing a bench role or plays in matches when Nani needs a rest, and so we have a real attacking threat on the RW, then fine. But not if we're going to pay out of our ass for him. Our problems are not on the wings, essentially. Our problems are up front, and if we're wasting money on players who can get the ball to the box but not put the ball in the net then I'm not interested.

Unless United want Krasic and cash for him. I can deal with that.

Verratti subito!

Zabojnik

We're being linked with Nani. If it means Pepe starts playing a bench role or plays in matches when Nani needs a rest, and so we have a real attacking threat on the RW, then fine. But not if we're going to pay out of our ass for him. Our problems are not on the wings, essentially. Our problems are up front, and if we're wasting money on players who can get the ball to the box but not put the ball in the net then I'm not interested.

Unless United want Krasic and cash for him. I can deal with that.

Verratti subito!

Well, a man can dream, I guess. Sigh.

PaulLFC

Supposedly leaked image of the new LFC away kit:

375938_392004980835515_105514106151272_948271_76875123_n.jpg

Seems to be black and grey with gold sponsor/crest and a red trim around the sleeves/shorts. I like it a lot, except for the grey bit around the neck/chest area - would have looked nicer if the shirt was all black with maybe just grey under the arms, I think.

sneaky77

They sell hot dogs and pizzas and french fries in most of the theaters around my area. There is one theater that is 21 and up only that allows alcohol.. it's also pricier aparently and full of douchebags lol

Ah, so that's why people are claiming some of Milan's penalties this season were 'a gift from God'. Gotcha.
Baresi was amazing. Dat Milan late 80s / early 90s defence. Best ever.
Baresi, Maldini, Tassotti, Costacurta were all amazing, all those Capello-Sacchi teams were incredible back then.
Co-ownership deal?

http://i.imgur.com/Zw6Og.jpg[IMG]

I don't see any of these three happening :([/QUOTE]
Inter need all the help they can get, so we loaned him to them.

Arnie

You guessed right. If you didn't see the last page or two me and Arnie were due to have a chance meeting.

We both booked to see the same film at the same cinema unknowingly.

But he's going later on now. I think he was afraid of meeting me for me to spin some PR on him.

Blame it all on Smeghead. When he rears his Italian head.

"I won't watch a film if it's not on a huge screen"

The lad's a tight arse, he sleeps with wads of cash beneath his bed, no joke.

immy

Banned
Good lineup

Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Steven Gerrard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

K1LLER7

Good lineup

Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Gary Cahill, John Terry, Steven Gerrard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Danny Welbeck, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Liking this team

Is it a 4-3-3 or young behind welbeck 4-5-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom