• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

I think the issue might be we have different ideas of what great is. Currently i'd say the only greats midfielders are Xavi and Iniesta with maybe Silva. You?

You said he was "never a great player" and wasn't "technically" good.

immy

Banned
You said he was "never a great player" and wasn't "technically" good.

Yeah stand by that, seen him in too many england games to think he is. Never seen him do much thats espicially technical apart from shoot, and you're gonna score a few when you take that many shots.

GorillaJu

You can dissect and argue about any player (except Bebe) to paint them as a great player or an average one.

But if you've been watching the PL over the past decade, you'd be in a very small minority if you thought Stevie G isnt a great player.

immy

Banned
You can dissect and argue about any player (except Bebe) to paint them as a great player or an average one.

But if you've been watching the PL over the past decade, you'd be in a very small minority if you thought Stevie G isnt a great player.

Not saying he's awful, he has his merits. But no way is up there with the people like xavi.

Manager

Maybe it has been mentioned previously (went through last couple of pages), but goal line tech will be on trial at Wembley tonight.

Fair enough.

Do you think Dortmund signed Reus because they knew Kagawa was leaving?

A player like Reus on the market who has a BVB past, was born here and fits right into our play style. And Klopp reportedly wanted Reus pretty bad for some time already. I don't think anyone gave a shit for Kagawa there. Maybe it was easier to pay the high fee. But when you look back everyone was rather confident Shinji would sign a new contract last December/January.

Nevasleep

True, he is undeniably the best

1551586.jpg

kharma45

Just remembered how much I fucking loved playing as Belgium in FIFA 12, really must buy my own copy of it now uni is done for the year.

Wilbur

Banned
Blind Communication, how do you pronounce Eden Hazard? Is it like Garden of Eden, occupational Hazard?

These commentators are saying Azhar

Wilmots decided to play Fellaini higher than Dembele and Witsel actually, Everton-style. Seems to work so far.

Blind Communication, how do you pronounce Eden Hazard? Is it like Garden of Eden, occupational Hazard?

These commentators are saying Azhar

Lol yeah it's Eden like in the Garden of Eden and we pronounce it Azhar, with a French accent. Definitely not the English pronunciation.

Yen

Do you remember much of MGS 2?

I'm playing it right now and I just started controlling Raiden. Do we get to use Snake again?

If you didn't play as him at the very start, Tanker mission, you don't get to play as Snake for the rest of the game. Tanker mission is the only time you control Snake.

Fry

If you didn't play as him at the very start, Tanker mission, you don't get to play as Snake for the rest of the game. Tanker mission is the only time you control Snake.

I did, you can choose though? I'm playing the HD Collection, and I found out recently that these are the Substance versions, which is awesome, but I didn't play it back then. I don't want to play with Raiden. :(

Hixx

I did, you can choose though? I'm playing the HD Collection, and I found out recently that these are the Substance versions, which is awesome, but I didn't play it back then. I don't want to play with Raiden. :(

No you have to do the Shell as Raiden.

England look out of ideas already. The contrast between them and Belgium with the ball is telling. We don't seem to have the movement and quick passing needed

Yen

I guess it depends on your choices.
When I played it first time, my choice gave me Raiden and then the Tanker mission almost served as a prologue to the game I had just finished!
I haven't bought the HD collection yet, so I don't know about that Substance stuff.

EDIT:
In my original comment, I meant depending on your choice, you get to play the Tanker mission until after Big Shell, and thius the game, are over.

Belgium looking bad now, way too many long balls to Fellaini, should just play short passes out of defence as usual. England doesn't seem to care about possession though.

Wilbur

Banned
Eden Azhar then? Cool, thanks.

Zonal Marking's European team of the year http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jun/02/european-team-year-sport-network:
-------------------------------------------------Joe Hart-------------------------------------------------
Stephan Lichtsteiner------------Vincent Kompany-------------Mats Hummels------------Jordi Alba
--------------Andrea Pirlo-------------------Yaya Toure------------------Santi Cazorla--------------
-----------------Lionel Messi-----------------Falcao-----------------Cristiano Ronaldo----------------

Substitutes:
Gianluigi Buffon
Lukasz Piszczek
Thiago Silva
Sergio Ramos
Georgio Chiellini
David Silva
Xavi Hernandez
Arturo Vidal
Marco Reus
Robin van Persie
Olivier Giroud