• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

My snake is still AWOL :(

Pictures of my fake/faulty shirts from bornprosper (for a couple people who wanted to see em) PM me if you want better detail on the other shirts.

So bornprosper is now footballkitstore.

I see you got No. 8 on the back of your Barca shirt and the printing is tailored to the shirt that's being printed. Hmm, may have to give them a try.

Was Ferdinand on the "reserve" list out of curiosity? Or has actually been passed over for Kelly?

He was passed over. Ferdinand wanted to play for England. He's actually been good for Man U this season and despite the Chelsea trophy wins has statistically had a better season. He has tournament and European experience at the highest level. He may not have the same pace he used to, but England won't be playing a high line anyway. The decision is taken because Ferdinand and Terry won't get on because of what Terry said to Rio's brother Anton.

It is better to be accused of racially abusing someone to make the England squad, than be the brother of the accuser. Says it all really.

He was passed over. Ferdinand wanted to play for England. He's actually been good for Man U this season and despite the Chelsea trophy wins has statistically had a better season. He has tournament and European experience at the highest level. He may not have the same pace he used to, but England won't be playing a high line anyway. The decision is taken because Ferdinand and Terry won't get on because of what Terry said to Rio's brother Anton.

It is better to be accused of racially abusing someone to make the England squad, than be the brother of the accuser. Says it all really.
Spot on.

It's a terrible terrible decision from the manager and the FA. It's ridiculous and plain wrong.

immy

Banned
My snake is still AWOL :(

Pictures of my fake/faulty shirts from bornprosper (for a couple people who wanted to see em) PM me if you want better detail on the other shirts.

How is the quality, do they last?

Also do they look like the real thing in person?

Cheers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumour: Man Utd ready to offer Nani in exchange for Claudio Marchisio.

Marchisio is a closet Liverpool fan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I ordered a Spurs kit today with King's name and number on the back. It didn't seem right that I didn't have one.

Good night sweet prince :(

MPW

292561_10150223993264953_19034719952_1664390_1931812218_n.jpg

Ferdinand vs Terry statistics this season (excludes trophy wins). These are the footballing reasons Ferdinand was left out :-/

AueQbznCQAAX7XF.jpg:large
Rio was a better defender this season but even I could see the argument that he wasn't fit enough to play all the games etc.

But 1) Terry should have never been there 2) Okay fine, Terry goes, but then all those others over Rio too? Quite clear they had to pick one and they picked the accused.

elseanio

As far as I can tell they look great. Can't wait till I get mine in

They took a while to come, sometimes one week, sometimes 3 weeks.

So bornprosper is now footballkitstore.

I see you got No. 8 on the back of your Barca shirt and the printing is tailored to the shirt that's being printed. Hmm, may have to give them a try.

I think so, people have said so here.

The Spain shirt also has official 'different' numbering/letters. As I said before though, my Barca shirt is 'Iniesta' rather than 'A. Iniesta', but they just go from exactly what you enter. barca shirt also has the La Liga patches

How is the quality, do they last?

Also do they look like the real thing in person?

Cheers.

Quality is just like any other footy shirt. Numbering has survived through countless washes, even throw them in the dryer.

As for the look of them, I'm still not sure if they're fake or defective products from the official lines (even this, I can't see anything that could possibly be wrong..) Honestly can't tell the difference. Probably gonna get the LFC one for my dad from them, so will compare it to my official one.

Moobabe

So what if Terry and Ferdinand don't get on? These guys are paid millions - take them both, tell them to suck it up, and let the courts deal with the situation after the euros.

Ushojax

Where from/how much? Official site doesn't have my size :/

From the official site. Short sleeve home kit, large size. I would have got medium if they had any but I was given a large Sandro shirt for my last birthday and it fits OK.

So what if Terry and Ferdinand don't get on? These guys are paid millions - take them both, tell them to suck it up, and let the courts deal with the situation after the euros.

I don't think that's possible. Terry is already loathed and got booed at Wembley yesterday, the whole situation is just too toxic. Maybe they could get their heads down and play together but the slightest hint of discontent and the press would be all over it like a rash, which could affect the whole camp.

FuturusX

Terry isn't that good, the Liverpool game was no fluke, he's past it...I'd rather take a past it Rio over Terry.

Then again England are less than average, so what does it matter anyway.

From the official site. Short sleeve home kit, large size. I would have got medium if they had any but I was given a large Sandro shirt for my last birthday and it fits OK.

Yeah they're all out of small except for the Investec ones. Not a fan of the lettering on those ones.

panty

Can't wait!

Real Madrid: Buyo, Contreras, Illgner, Roberto Carlos, Chendo, Rojas, Velasco, Hierro, Sabido, Sanchis, Fernando Sanz, Ramis, Karanka, Garcia Cortes, Redondo, Helguera, Zidane, Martin Vazquez, Figo, Butragueño, Amavisca, Alfonso, Ivan Perez, Santillana, Morientes.

Manchester United: Van der Sar, Lee Martin, Denis Irwin, Quinton Fortune, Ronny Johnsen, Bryan Robson, Dion Dublin, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Lee Sharpe, Clayton Blackmore, Jesper Blomquvist, Raimond van der Gouw, Dwight Yorke, Michael Thomas.

Dat lineup.

MPW

Can't wait!

Real Madrid: Buyo, Contreras, Illgner, Roberto Carlos, Chendo, Rojas, Velasco, Hierro, Sabido, Sanchis, Fernando Sanz, Ramis, Karanka, Garcia Cortes, Redondo, Helguera, Zidane, Martin Vazquez, Figo, Butragueño, Amavisca, Alfonso, Ivan Perez, Santillana, Morientes.

Manchester United: Van der Sar, Lee Martin, Denis Irwin, Quinton Fortune, Ronny Johnsen, Bryan Robson, Dion Dublin, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Lee Sharpe, Clayton Blackmore, Jesper Blomquvist, Raimond van der Gouw, Dwight Yorke, Michael Thomas.

Dat lineup.

match in 2 hours, right?

Ferdinand vs Terry statistics this season (excludes trophy wins). These are the footballing reasons Ferdinand was left out :-/

AueQbznCQAAX7XF.jpg:large
Those stats are great and all, but they don't take in to account that JT was part of a team who were on stinking form for the vast majority of a season. Never mind being deployed in a high line that the defenders weren't suited to. If Rio had of been in this seasons Chelsea team he'd have poorer stats too. The numbers don't tell the whole story.

Moobabe

Terry isn't that good, the Liverpool game was no fluke, he's past it...I'd rather take a past it Rio over Terry.

Then again England are less than average, so what does it matter anyway.

How many games can you point out where he's played that poorly though?

Those stats are great and all, but they don't take in to account that JT was part of a team who were on stinking form for the vast majority of a season. Never mind being deployed in a high line that the defenders weren't suited to. If Rio had of been in this seasons Chelsea team he'd have poorer stats too. The numbers don't tell the whole story.

That's how I feel as well. I'm not being staunchly pro-Chelsea, and I would never defend Terry's character, but he was a key part in us achieving what we did this season. But you're right; England were very poor yesterday.

What did you guys make of Hazard? That was the first time I'd seen him

Ushojax

What did you guys make of Hazard? That was the first time I'd seen him

He's obviously good in a technical sense, all the Belgians players were, but he was never in the game. He had a few nice turns and one good drive but that was it. The lack of a true centre forward meant they had a bunch of midfielders trying to flick it to each other in the final third and it never worked at all. Once Lukaku came on they created much better chances. It was a terrible set-up from the Belgian manager but it's impossible to judge him on one game anyway. He seemed to have all the attributes you'd expect and I'm sure that playing with Torres/Hulk we'll see much more from him. I do think it will take him a while to get used to the PL, though, he isn't used to having Kaboul/Kompany/Vidic types leaping all over him.

Facism

Gold Member
That Belgian player is an absolute fucking dick. What an absolute cunt.

A guy did the same thing to my mate last week at football. Pushed him into a defender, ended up knocking his jaw into the guy's shoulder. Luckily no damage. The same guy then called my mate a knob over a 50/50 call on whether the ball went out of play 5 mins later.

Typical dickhead thug with a tiny penis and tattoos, feeling that he's not the alpha male because a better playing is running him ragged. Showed how much of a pussy-o he was when he got called out on it all by shrinking from the inevitable verbal battering he received.

hate fuckers who take a friendly game of football like it's an opportunity to hurt people or act like they've had too many 'roids.

Maybe not, but what they do tell is that Ferdinand has had a good season. A better season than almost every other defender in England and added to that he has vast experience. I'm not necessarily saying that Ferdinand is better than Terry, but that he is fully deserving of being in the England squad this season. Just another thing that shows how badly the 'footballing reasons' line stinks.

A guy did the same thing to my mate last week at football. Pushed him into a defender, ended up knocking his jaw into the guy's shoulder. Luckily no damage. The same guy then called my mate a knob over a 50/50 call on whether the ball went out of play 5 mins later.

Typical dickhead thug with a tiny penis and tattoos, feeling that he's not the alpha male because a better playing is running him ragged. Showed how much of a pussy-o he was when he got called out on it all by shrinking from the inevitable verbal battering he received.

hate fuckers who take a friendly game of football like it's an opportunity to hurt people or act like they've had too many 'roids.

That's why I love being small and fast. As much as they want to snap me they can't get close :D

Facism

Gold Member

The courts should have dealt with him before the euros, not this "LOL HE HAS MONEY AND STATUS LET'S WAIT UNTIL AFTER ENGLAND CRASH OUT OF THE EUROS TO LET HIM OFF."

@willkiller, my mate is small and fast, which is why he gets shit like that. Also has a punch like a bentley crashing into a icecream cart.

The courts should have dealt with him before the euros, not this "LOL HE HAS MONEY AND STATUS LET'S WAIT UNTIL AFTER ENGLAND CRASH OUT OF THE EUROS TO LET HIM OFF."

@willkiller, my mate is small and fast, which is why he gets shit like that. Also has a punch like a bentley crashing into a icecream cart.

Ah! Tell him to be faster....and smaller. Luckily I've only came across a couple of MEGA cunts playing football, usually there's just a couple of mild cunts to put up with.

Facism

Gold Member
Ah! Tell him to be faster....and smaller. Luckily I've only came across a couple of MEGA cunts playing football, usually there's just a couple of mild cunts to put up with.

he still holds the record for the 100 metres at his old 6th form. 10.5 seconds. Kicks himself for thinking that his PE teacher was joking about going into athletics. He has plenty speed and vicious acceleration :p not as fast as it was in those days, but still outpaces most people. one of those guys who if he chooses to knock a ball past you, he's getting by without getting caught.

Yeh usually it's just a few mild cunts, easily manageable. We had one really massive cunt at wednesday night football which pretty much killed it off. Really miss playing football on wednesday nights :( sunday football is alright but it's not as competitive.

MPW

according to redcafe, madrid vs man utd: 6pm uk time ... so in half hour? (don't live in uk)

Ref for the match: Pierluigi Collina

he still holds the record for the 100 metres at his old 6th form. 10.5 seconds. Kicks himself for thinking that his PE teacher was joking about going into athletics. He has plenty speed and vicious acceleration :p

Yeh usually it's just a few mild cunts, easily manageable. We had one really massive cunt at wednesday night football which pretty much killed it off. Really miss playing football on wednesday nights :( sunday football is alright but it's not as competitive.

Jesus that's quick! Fuck your friend I'd try and break his legs :p

I just wish the weather would pick up again, it's difficult to get a good 7-a-side game organised when it's constantly pissing it down. Played last wednesday though, man that was fun. Had a game of cuppies in between games (2v2v2v2 etc) me and my team-mate were robbed, had the ball over the line 4 times but they weren't given. Fucking disgrace.

Mastadon

Banned
Jesus that's quick! Fuck your friend I'd try and break his legs :p

I just wish the weather would pick up again, it's difficult to get a good 7-a-side game organised when it's constantly pissing it down. Played last wednesday though, man that was fun. Had a game of cuppies in between games (2v2v2v2 etc) me and my team-mate were robbed, had the ball over the line 4 times but they weren't given. Fucking disgrace.

Further evidence in the case for goalline technology.

LegoArmo

6 players from a shit Liverpool team in the England squad? Dear God.

They'll probably win it now, and I'll look like an idiot, but come on...

Feorax

6 players from a shit Liverpool team in the England squad? Dear God.

They'll probably win it now, and I'll look like an idiot, but come on...

In fairness, as shite as the league campaigns were, Liverpool and Chelsea had great cup runs. You can kind of see Hodgsons thinking in using as many as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom