• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

I thought Nintendo's was so bad that even Microsoft's was better. At least the Microsoft one showed game footage that actually looked good and appealed to me. Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 6, etc.

Nintendo's offered absolutely fuck all. Even their third party roster is full of 'been there done that'. When you have to show off even a snippet of Ninja Gaiden 3, you know you have a piece of shit selection at launch.

Mastadon

Banned
I thought Nintendo's was so bad that even Microsoft's was better. At least the Microsoft one showed game footage that actually looked good and appealed to me. Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 6, etc.

Nintendo's offered absolutely fuck all. Even their third party roster is full of 'been there done that'. When you have to show off even a snippet of Ninja Gaiden 3, you know you have a piece of shit selection at launch.

Yep. MS turned out to actually have the best presser, and I'd give it a generous 2/10. Beyond disappointed.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
New Super Mario Bros. U is the only game that interests me out of this E3.
Gaming is dead.
You guys are only realising this now?

Thank God the DS is as awesome as it is. Up with the SNES, PSX, and PS2 in the top tier of godlike gaming systems. Such a great library.

rififi

Everyone's pessimism is starting to rub off on me. E3 doesn't end until thursday, not everything is shown or revealed during the console conferences, and EA and Ubisoft don't publish all games.

There is also Gamescom in August which is where Euro developers tend to show their products (remember, the new format for E3 is now primarily for North American developers), and Rockstar no longer have any pending releases, only new releases/reveals to show.

Clegg

I've changed my mind about E3.

The big 3 conferences have been poor this year.

But there were plenty of good things shown by the smaller developers so I'm pretty happy with what I've seen.

Nintendo still have a chance to redeem themselves with tomorrows 3DS show.

Ok so on reflection, it really wasn't that bad. They just focused on the wrong things, am I overly surprised we didn't get Zelda, Metroid etc? No, not when we when Pikmin 3 and a new 2D Mario were coming.

Am I also surprised we're getting 3rd party ports of existing titles? Nope.

As is the case with all Nintendo conferences It was just over-hyped, the 3DS stuff looked really good so hopefully the conference tomorrow with deliver!

Edit: I think if they had teased the games we all know will come (SSB, Zelda, Metroid etc etc) if would have solves a lot of the problems.

elsk

Banned
Stop spreading bullshit please. Just cause you put it in bold doesn't make it true, even if you wish it would.

U mad?
Given the kind of declaration his agent has made, it's pretty clear Lewa wants to move to a bigger club. Dortmund refused to sell, but if they had to do that is because Lewa wanted to leave.

Yen

U mad?
Given the kind of declaration his agent has made, it's pretty clear Lewa wants to move to a bigger club. Dortmund refused to sell, but if they had to do that is because Lewa wanted to leave.

I don't think it's a case of moving to a bigger club, but to one that will pay greater wages. After all, you could make a convincing argument for Dortmund being the biggest team in Germany now.

elsk

Banned
I don't think it's a case of moving to a bigger club, but to one that will pay greater wages. After all, you could make a convincing argument for Dortmund being the biggest team in Germany now.

I'm pretty sure players are way more interested in european success than local success. Specially foreign players, and obviously Bayern is a bigger club/name than Dortmund. Maybe he wants to win more than 1 match in CL.

Why would a Dortmund player want to move to Munich?

Wouldn't he be taking a step backwards in his career?

Then Kagawa made like 2 steps backwards in his career?

Yen

I'm pretty sure players are way more interested in european success than local success. Specially foreign players, and obviously Bayern is a bigger club/name than Dortmund. Maybe he wants to win more than 1 match in CL.

Maybe he wants to win Bundesligas and domestic cups. Rather than coming second in everything.

spidye

Then Kagawa made like 2 steps backwards in his career?
buuuuuuurn
Maybe he wants to win Bundesligas and domestic cups. Rather than coming second in everything.

Lewandowski said:
Yes, of course I've heard [about Bayern's interest]," Lewandowski told Sport-Bild. "I do not know what will happen in two months. I've also thought, 'What more can I accomplish with Dortmund?' Difficult.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3275...spects-dortmunds-decision-not-to-sell-despite

elsk

Banned
^ Exactly. Top players want european success, after winning the local league 1 or 2 times they get bored and frustrated if they can't do something big in the CL.

I doubt Dortmund will be able to handle a Bayern team with depth. We either do well in domestic league or in european league because of our 11+1 squad in the last couple of seasons, now with all the new signings we'll be able to compete in both leagues.

elsk

Banned
Apple & PC gaming wins E3!

Games I would buy (E3): Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, new Tomb Raider, Star Wars 1313, The Last of Us, Pikmin 3.

Sadly, I don't have any intentions to buy a Wii U or a Ps3 :( so Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell and, if lucky, Watch Dogs for me!

lololol

Why do Dortmund fans always sound so damn bitter and stingy when posting anything about Bayern? Goddamn...

U mad?

Answer to both:

Yes, I'm mad. I'm just browsing GAF, see that post and am shocked. Just to find out there's no Sportbild story about that. In fact, there's NOTHING new about Lewandowski ANYWHERE. Why do you post such made up shit, elsk? There's twitter for transfer bullshit, stay there, please.

Lol, just read that the WiiU pad's battery lasts 3-5 hours, with a 2.5 hour charging time.

1237977238_pineapple-jcjjh.gif

Lewandowski is starting to sound like a fucking muppet. Although not as big of one as some of you in this thread.

Lewandowski hasn't said anything in weeks, it's his agent that seems like a total douchebag. I'm still confident he'll sign a new contract, his agent just seems to want more money and if he doesn't, we surely won't sell him to Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom